Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jack was told get the surgery or the team will withhold money / challenge contract

Thanks
    Thanked 5,280 Times in 3,733 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jack was told get the surgery or the team will withhold money / challenge contrac

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Really? Out of the top 10 scorers this year 7 were +20 or more. The only negatives were - 4 and -8. Eichel did worse than that in only 20 games. Jacks a very good offensive player. He's a lazy defensive player. That's disapointing because that's about choice not talent. +/- is not a meaningless stat.
    People that never played hockey or centre shouldnít try to talk hockey, they just make themselves look even more stupid. Great centers have situational awareness, try to make sure they leave the ice clean. Jackís face after watching a goal in is like oh well, versus oh no. No pride.

2. Post thanked by:

coastal (09-14-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,989 Times in 4,384 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jack was told get the surgery or the team will withhold money / challenge contrac

What situational awareness is needed to be pissed about a goal against? Skoobs, you are spewing word salad.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,224 Times in 10,295 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby View Post
    People that never played hockey or centre shouldnít try to talk hockey, they just make themselves look even more stupid. Great centers have situational awareness, try to make sure they leave the ice clean. Jackís face after watching a goal in is like oh well, versus oh no. No pride.
    Sure thing, bud.

What league did you play in again?
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 09-12-2021 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Sure thing, bud.

What league did you play in again?
    Summer leagues with Mogilny & a bunch of other pros was the highest level of competition at holiday twin rinks. I was an above average college player with better than normal physical attributes at the time (I can curl 220 lbs).
    Last edited by Skooby; 09-12-2021 at 02:12 AM.

6. Post thanked by:

coastal (09-14-2021),TacoJo (09-23-2021)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Summer leagues with Mogilny & a bunch of other pros was the highest level of competition at holiday twin rinks. I was an above average college player with better than normal physical attributes at the time (I can curl 220 lbs).
    So you played slop in the summer with some pros.

And that gives you some special insight? LOL

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So you played slop in the summer with some pros.

And that gives you some special insight? LOL
    Junior Triple A too but Iím telling you the summer league was better competition. I got a knee injury & could of worked my way up to the bigs health willing, donít discount careers cut short for people skill set or their knowledge. Thatís a childís trait & immature. Iím telling you Jack is a net liability long run, the great ones donít end up with stat lines like his. He wonít see the HOF, heís underperformed in a huge way as a captain & teammate.

Take it from someone who knows, if I could have had a known surgery to get back out there & play Iíd be on it as quickly as possible. Him delaying that happening is an attempt to extend his own career & get to that next big contract. Itís a scumbag move, literally classless. He knows it & folks like you donít think of all these things. Fanboys usually just cheer versus contemplate why people do certain things, to me itís all about Jack. Those guys dead end their teams, they do not raise banners.
    Last edited by Skooby; 09-12-2021 at 06:01 AM.

9. Post thanked by:

coastal (09-14-2021),TacoJo (09-23-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,545 Times in 8,395 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Junior Triple A too but I’m telling you the summer league was better competition. I got a knee injury & could of worked my way up to the bigs health willing, don’t discount careers cut short for people skill set or their knowledge. That’s a child’s trait & immature. I’m telling you Jack is a net liability long run, the great ones don’t end up with stat lines like his. He won’t see the HOF, he’s underperformed in a huge way as a captain & teammate.

Take it from someone who knows, if I could have had a known surgery to get back out there & play I’d be on it as quickly as possible. Him delaying that happening is an attempt to extend his own career & get to that next big contract. It’s a scumbag move, literally classless. He knows it & folks like you don’t think of all these things. Fanboys usually just cheer versus contemplate why people do certain things, to me it’s all about Jack. Those guys dead end their teams, they do not raise banners.
    I don't know about that. But I do know he can't be a team's franchise player. The Sabres proved that. He can't be Patrice Bergeron. He can be the best 2nd line center in the league. He can be a great first line center, with other capable players around him. And that's all if his neck is healthy. Just don't ask him to be the face of your franchise. He's got some growing up to do. Too much fame too early was Jack's curse.
    Last edited by swiper; 09-12-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Junior Triple A too but I’m telling you the summer league was better competition. I got a knee injury & could of worked my way up to the bigs health willing, don’t discount careers cut short for people skill set or their knowledge. That’s a child’s trait & immature. I’m telling you Jack is a net liability long run, the great ones don’t end up with stat lines like his. He won’t see the HOF, he’s underperformed in a huge way as a captain & teammate.

Take it from someone who knows, if I could have had a known surgery to get back out there & play I’d be on it as quickly as possible. Him delaying that happening is an attempt to extend his own career & get to that next big contract. It’s a scumbag move, literally classless. He knows it & folks like you don’t think of all these things. Fanboys usually just cheer versus contemplate why people do certain things, to me it’s all about Jack. Those guys dead end their teams, they do not raise banners.
    Sure thing guy

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sure thing guy
    I’d bet in an alley you’d be begging me for mercy & I drive off in my Lamborghini truck, I’d bet my life on it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I’d bet in an alley you’d be begging me for mercy & I drive off in my Lamborghini truck, I’d bet my life on it.
    I think this is satire. Right?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sounds like a threat.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jack’s trade should be coming soon, he’s never going to play for the team again.
    Last edited by Skooby; 09-14-2021 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jack’s had the surgery, he got in line & when healthy they’ll review his status. He’s being paid as normal, because he got in line.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,649 Times in 3,643 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Jack’s trade should be coming soon, he’s never going to play for the team again.
    I was wondering ... probably for the best.
    But New Englandís Week 1 loss to the Miami Dolphins (-4.5) looms large in the tiebreaker scenarios. If Buffalo can win one game against New England either this week or on December 26th (as well as handle the New York Jets (+7) in Week 18), the Bills will hold the divisional record tiebreaker over the Patriots.

18. Post thanked by:

Skooby (09-16-2021)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    I was wondering ... probably for the best.
    They both said their goodbyes through the agents, the team will move him at first reasonable opportunity. There’s no mending fences, Jack’s behavior has been quite immature during this as well. Far from a professional captain being paid top 10 in the league. Pay versus performance is a factor that the teams weighs in when figuring things out, Jack has been absent lately to say the least.
    Last edited by Skooby; 09-16-2021 at 05:05 PM.

20. Post thanked by:

Woodman (09-16-2021)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They both said their goodbyes through the agents, the team will move him at first reasonable opportunity. There’s no mending fences, Jack’s behavior has been quite immature during this as well. Far from a professional captain being paid top 10 in the league. Pay versus performance is a factor that the teams weighs in when figuring things out, Jack has been absent lately to say the least.
    Just hope we can get fair value.

22. Post thanked by:

Skooby (09-18-2021)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Just hope we can get fair value.
    With the management we have, Jack could be 100% & they’d still find a way to not get it right. Can’t have faith in failing & all the team knows how to do is fail. They need a completely new front office, stolen from a successful team. Overpay or whatever, get real people here.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So someone provide proof that Eichel has had the surgery. Haven't seen any.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

With the management we have, Jack could be 100% & they’d still find a way to not get it right. Can’t have faith in failing & all the team knows how to do is fail. They need a completely new front office, stolen from a successful team. Overpay or whatever, get real people here.
    Overpay is a sure bet.

27. Post thanked by:

Skooby (09-22-2021)