Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 590

Thread: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

  1. #141
    Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    In the Black Hills
    Posts
    41,497
    Thanks
    11,055
    Thanked 5,518 Times in 3,324 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    144

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Hey, a mybills reference!


    All of these n00bs won't get it!
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

    For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

  2. Post thanked by:

    jamze132 (10-16-2021),YardRat (10-14-2021)

  3. #142
    Well, lookie here... YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    77,046
    Thanks
    25,846
    Thanked 26,911 Times in 15,054 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    219

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    "Too much sky"
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

  4. Post thanked by:

    Cntrygal (10-14-2021),jamze132 (10-16-2021)

  5. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,527
    Thanks
    331
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 837 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    20

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    He made one play against the Chiefs and was invisible the rest of the game. Shot a gap and stuffed Clyde for a loss.

    Unless he was a world beater in the 4th quarter as I missed it.

    Why are we singing his praises this week?

    What did I miss?

    Or are expectations for him that low?

    They are very low, but we won that game because Edmunds did a great job at covering the middle part of the field that Kelce takes advantage of


    Edmunds did was Sorenson did not, KC didn't run but when they did Edmunds was right there. He wasn't invisible like normal and I don't think we win that game if Edmunds plays like he has the last few seasons or even earlier this year

    It was a very good game for Edmunds, he'll never be an elite player who racks up 10-15 tackles, 3 sacks, ints, hell always be an at most 10 tackle a game guy but he's valuable at covering the interior of the field


    Milano has more MLB responsibilities than Edmunds does vs the run, and Poyer has more OLB responsibilities than most safety's

    We run a defense where Edmunds isn't a LB, he's a gloried in the box safety. But it seems to be working
    Troll, Troll, Troll your posts

    Angrily down the thread

    Cluelessly, cluelessly, cluelessly, cluelessly

    Your credibility is but a Dream

    -Notabrain

  6. #144
    All-Pro Zoner
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,526
    Thanks
    2,058
    Thanked 772 Times in 468 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Youtube Cover 1 just won't let this subject go away this week!

    And I appreciate that because I am seeing things I miss during the game. Had no idea Edmunds led the league in batted passes, even if that stat isn't as great as a turnover... it can potentially cause 1. At at the very least it's a loss of an important down for the offense.

    I really like Edmunds, but I really want to see him continue to get better if we plan on paying him crazy money. Otherwise take a lesser deal like some of your teammates. And I'm not saying anything crazy, but a team friendly deal that allows us to move money around if we need room in a few years. And if he doesn't improve + wants a top 3-5 LB Contract... I might be okay with simply drafting another LB. But Beanes been pretty true to his word about resigning his own, and I think he offers stuff on and off the field.


    Title: Bills LB Tremaine Edmunds' value to the defense

    5 minute video, appreciate videos that fluent like this rather then repeating the same play 10x to break it down.

    https://youtu.be/vRyp8GHVD5Y



  7. Post thanked by:

    Bill Cody (10-15-2021),Lucidvizion (10-15-2021)

  8. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,527
    Thanks
    331
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 837 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    20

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacoJo View Post
    Youtube Cover 1 just won't let this subject go away this week!

    And I appreciate that because I am seeing things I miss during the game. Had no idea Edmunds led the league in batted passes, even if that stat isn't as great as a turnover... it can potentially cause 1. At at the very least it's a loss of an important down for the offense.

    I really like Edmunds, but I really want to see him continue to get better if we plan on paying him crazy money. Otherwise take a lesser deal like some of your teammates. And I'm not saying anything crazy, but a team friendly deal that allows us to move money around if we need room in a few years. And if he doesn't improve + wants a top 3-5 LB Contract... I might be okay with simply drafting another LB. But Beanes been pretty true to his word about resigning his own, and I think he offers stuff on and off the field.


    Title: Bills LB Tremaine Edmunds' value to the defense

    5 minute video, appreciate videos that fluent like this rather then repeating the same play 10x to break it down.

    https://youtu.be/vRyp8GHVD5Y




    Once again, not to much we didn't know but I'm starting to respect his value to the defense more. He's still a glorified in the box safety who we are hiding in the run game. But we are making it work and Edmunds/Milano/Klein are thriving


    As much as I'd like a MLB who can get downhill, with how amazing Milano is with our DL doing so well, I see the value in just letting Edmunds rome the center field

  9. Post thanked by:

    TacoJo (10-15-2021)

  10. #146
    All-Pro Zoner
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,526
    Thanks
    2,058
    Thanked 772 Times in 468 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    Once again, not to much we didn't know but I'm starting to respect his value to the defense more. He's still a glorified in the box safety who we are hiding in the run game. But we are making it work and Edmunds/Milano/Klein are thriving


    As much as I'd like a MLB who can get downhill, with how amazing Milano is with our DL doing so well, I see the value in just letting Edmunds rome the center field
    I get what you're saying, but for me personally I -never- focus on any player on defense during the game. All I remember are the wow plays, and big break ups. So for me it's nice to see a 5-10 min break down of what he did well. Because I honestly didn't realize what he was being asked to do in the mainly zone defense. Offense is a bit different, at least for me. Just wanted to share the video, isn't about any argument people want to make, simply a break down of his performance.

  11. Post thanked by:

    notacon (10-15-2021)

  12. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    23,924
    Thanks
    17,922
    Thanked 9,589 Times in 6,126 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    65

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    What I learned from this thread:
    -you cannot change your opinion
    -any attempts to change your opinion will be met with backlash
    -No talking heads are ever wrong
    -criticism is hating
    -I anticipate Edmunds to be all pro as everyone in the league thinks he is awesome except for Bills fans

    Is the point to argue or convince people of your opinion? Even when people are trying to agree with you, you go off.

    If I show one instance of a talking head being wrong, will you cool it for a sec? Just because they get paid to talk about football, doesn't mean they are right all the time.
    My word....you learned ALL the wrong lessons from this thread....and several others that turned into a "LET'S **** ON EDMUNDS" screed.

    Here is what I leaned:

    -some refuse to change their opinion no matter what, even when it's painfully obvious that they are wrong
    -some do not even attempt to change their opinion, no matter what, because it makes them look weak I guess....and they think that they are the smartest people in the world and know everything there is about football.
    -some posters think that they are never wrong
    -unfounded and ill informed and unfair whining is, in fact "hating"
    -the title of the article presented has been borne out with too many posts here...."Why can't Tremaine Edmunds win over Bills fans when he's viewed as a special player outside of Buffalo"?

    -Coach McDermott, coach Frazier and GM Beane totally refute the few haters here, but they (the haters) insist that none of those people know what they are talking about and the haters know more than anyone else in the NFL.

    The point is to refute unfair, ill informed and silly ****ting on one player and some posters like to say off the wall ridiculous crap because....well...I don't know what anyone would say the crap that a few posters here do.

    If one shows "one instance of a talking head being wrong" it does not mean that they are wrong about EVERYTHING....and that is what some confused posters like to embrace....EXCEPT when it's about themselves.

    No one said that "just became they get paid to talk about football" that they "are right all the time". BUT, when virtually every single knowledgeable "talking head" AND, in particular NFL coaches, NFL GMs, NFL scouts and NFL players are almost ALL saying the same thing.....the chances that they are ALL WRONG is NIL.

    Some posters like to think that they are right all the time, no matter what.


    And many of those refuse to even try to listen or have an open mind to what the NFL coaches, NFL GM's, NFL scouts, NFL players and ex-NFL coaches, GM's and players and professional sports media people have to say and reject their informed professional opinions out of hand, because they think they (the few posters) are ALWAYS right and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER wrong.








    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    He made one play against the Chiefs and was invisible the rest of the game. Shot a gap and stuffed Clyde for a loss.

    Unless he was a world beater in the 4th quarter as I missed it.

    Why are we singing his praises this week?

    What did I miss?

    Or are expectations for him that low?
    See what I mean????


    I rest my case!

  13. #148
    Registered User Bill Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    9,680
    Thanks
    993
    Thanked 4,955 Times in 2,832 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    40

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    pretty interesting video

  14. Post thanked by:

    notacon (10-15-2021)

  15. #149
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    5,411
    Thanks
    770
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    If one shows "one instance of a talking head being wrong" it does not mean that they are wrong about EVERYTHING....and that is what some confused posters like to embrace....EXCEPT when it's about themselves.
    But it does mean they are not right all the time. Success will breed these stories. MJD has the Bills with the 4th best RB duo in the league. He bases this on the total rushing yards a game. Those include in most games up to a 1/3 from Allen. He says he was most impressed with Singletary because of his 5.3 YPC average. Would anyone who follows the Bills say that Singletary is playing great this year? Is fumbling 4 times in 5 games a good thing now? No, they look at the stat page and write their story. There simply isn't enough time to dissect everything so carefully that your opinion is complete. They have deadlines to meet.

    Would you expect anyone from the Bills to say anything different to the question of "why don't the fans like Edmunds?" Should they say well it's because he sucks. You are quick to point out bias but a team's staff is not?

    Saying he was awesome from the jump is also laughable. A 19 year old in a new position was immediately amazing? Come on.

    I want him to be amazing. I want him to intercept everything and cause a fumble on every play. Just for a sec slow down and realize that everyone around the league isn't going through every snap to write their stories.

    What is the response to the guys who had him unranked? Does their opinion mean nothing? They get paid to talk about football too so how do we choose which ones are the reliable ones. Is it the ones who we agree with?

  16. Post thanked by:

    Cntrygal (10-15-2021),YardRat (10-15-2021)

  17. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    23,924
    Thanks
    17,922
    Thanked 9,589 Times in 6,126 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    65

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    But it does mean they are not right all the time. Success will breed these stories. MJD has the Bills with the 4th best RB duo in the league. He bases this on the total rushing yards a game. Those include in most games up to a 1/3 from Allen. He says he was most impressed with Singletary because of his 5.3 YPC average. Would anyone who follows the Bills say that Singletary is playing great this year? Is fumbling 4 times in 5 games a good thing now? No, they look at the stat page and write their story. There simply isn't enough time to dissect everything so carefully that your opinion is complete. They have deadlines to meet.

    Would you expect anyone from the Bills to say anything different to the question of "why don't the fans like Edmunds?" Should they say well it's because he sucks. You are quick to point out bias but a team's staff is not?

    Saying he was awesome from the jump is also laughable. A 19 year old in a new position was immediately amazing? Come on.

    I want him to be amazing. I want him to intercept everything and cause a fumble on every play. Just for a sec slow down and realize that everyone around the league isn't going through every snap to write their stories.

    What is the response to the guys who had him unranked? Does their opinion mean nothing? They get paid to talk about football too so how do we choose which ones are the reliable ones. Is it the ones who we agree with?
    Jesus. Why do you have to use so may straw man silliness???

    I never said that talking heads NFL GM's coaches...etc...etc... are "right all the time".

    And I never said that Edmunds was "awesome form the jump, nor did I ay that " A 19 year old in a new position was immediately amazing".

    Why don't you actually read what I write instead of making up crap???

    What I DID say is that he "performed at a high level" since the start of his career.

    What I DID say is that he has earned Pro Bowl honors for two of his first three years.

    What I DID say is that
    "50 NFL GM's coaches, scouts and players" ranked him as the #8 LB before the season started.


    What I DID say is "
    My premise all along has NOT been that Tremaine Edmunds is "top of the league LB"....my premise is to strongly object to the total TRASHING and ****TING on him, with ridiculous statements like....


    "he's not a good MLB", he's a "liability", "he's ok", he's "not even average", the "biggest liability on our defense" has "zero football instincts", last year he "got worse and worse as the season continued", the Bills "need to start looking for a better MLB", He's "an A+ when it comes to speed/agility/accelerating. He's a D- to F in every other faze of the game", "He's just not good", 'He's a huge liability"...and on and on and on.

    That's a HUGE difference from saying "I think Edmunds is a good player. I don't think he is top of the league LB."....and the total **** we see too many silly "fans" plague this site with."


    What I DID say "
    And It's not ME that is showing what thunderheads the haters like you are saying, it's the writer of the article, Joe Buscaglia, Sean McDermott, Brandon Beane, Leslie Frazer, Lorenzo Alexander, Daryl Talley, Josh Allen and most NFL coaches, GM's and players."

    What I DID say is "
    The fact that this article has to address the lunatic unrealistic and inreasobale hatred directed at Edmunds when outside the minority of very confused Bills "fans", Tremaine Edmunds is considered "special""

    And on and on and on.

    You want to prop up a straw man and knock it down...have at it.

    It does not resemble what my arguments have ACTUALLY BEEN.


  18. #151
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    5,411
    Thanks
    770
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    That Tremaine Edmunds is a "special players" and has been since he came into the league the same year as Josh Allen.
    you are spare parts bud, you don't even know what you are saying anymore.

    You don't think comparing sports writers and their methods is worth talking about? You don't think that if one could rush a job any of those stories you say are fact could have been rushed/not researched well?

    In the end, I have never said he is bad, I just didn't want to pay him like he is elite to find out if he is elite. If he can maintain his discipline, at his size and speed, he can be elite. I hope for the Bills he plays out of his mind.

  19. #152
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    5,411
    Thanks
    770
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    and unless you mean olympics "special" is reserved for elite players.

  20. #153
    Well, lookie here... YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    77,046
    Thanks
    25,846
    Thanked 26,911 Times in 15,054 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    219

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Not that I put much stock into PFF statistics, but they still have him ranked 39th out of all LBers. I'd like to see where the batted balls stat comes from, and I'd also like to some completion charts of opposing QB's against Buffalo's defense. If this were "Buy, Sell or Hold?" I'm still holding. The guy has made two legit plays the last two weeks and quite frankly one...the int...was thrown right at him by a back-up (essentially) rookie QB making his first start on the road who obviously didn't see him. The most impressive thing about that play was Edmunds actually managed to hang on to the ball. The other...the tackle on CEH...was very impressive but contrary to what TE's biggest supporters are saying is his use to the defense.

    I'll wait for the long haul to see if he's increased his value yet.

  21. Post thanked by:

    Cali512 (10-16-2021),Cntrygal (10-15-2021)

  22. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    23,924
    Thanks
    17,922
    Thanked 9,589 Times in 6,126 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    65

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Not that I put much stock into PFF statistics, but they still have him ranked 39th out of all LBers. I'd like to see where the batted balls stat comes from, and I'd also like to some completion charts of opposing QB's against Buffalo's defense. If this were "Buy, Sell or Hold?" I'm still holding. The guy has made two legit plays the last two weeks and quite frankly one...the int...was thrown right at him by a back-up (essentially) rookie QB making his first start on the road who obviously didn't see him. The most impressive thing about that play was Edmunds actually managed to hang on to the ball. The other...the tackle on CEH...was very impressive but contrary to what TE's biggest supporters are saying is his use to the defense.

    I'll wait for the long haul to see if he's increased his value yet.
    I've already gone over the PFF rankings. They are behind a pay wall and there are lots of questions as to what exactly they are measuring. Do you have a subscription so you can share what is actually there??

    Seems to me (from the outside, I do not think that a stat site is worth the money they are asking for a subscription) that they dwell on stats.


    In any event, the Kansas City game gave us an opportunity to see what the PFF rankings actually are. And no, Edmund is not ranked "39th out of all LB'"

    First, they rank only "81 LB's". There are a LOT more than 81 LB's in the NFL. Even with an average of three starters per team, that's already 96....plus backups. You can certainly go to every team's depth chart and add them all if you like....have at it.

    And Tremaine Edmunds, as displayed during the NBC broadcast was ranked "26 of 81" Here is a picture of my TV screen...

    PFF Edmunds.jpeg


    Interestingly here some of the other rankings.


    Ed Oliver - 17 of 119
    Jerry Hughes - 27 of 106

    I really like this one....

    Tre'Davisous White - 50 of 108

    Jordon Poyer - 38 of 82
    Micah Hyde - 1 of 82
    Levi Wallace - 58 of 108
    Taron Johnson - 18 of 108

    The offense is even more absurd....

    Josh Allen - 18 of 32
    Devin Singletary - 58 of 59
    Stefon Diggs - 23 of 110
    Emmanuel Sanders 30 of 110
    Cole Beasley 68 of 110
    Dawson Knox - 23 of 70


    Really?!?!?! What almost everyone in the football world thinks (correctly) that Tre White is an ELITE CB.....yet...PFF has him rated FIFTY?!?!?! And has Taron Johnson ranked way ahead of him??!?!?

    We all appreciate Micah Hyde but...number ONE in the whole league?!?!? Buds Baker high have something to say about that....and many others.

    Ed Oliver is starting to show some progress, but SEVENTEEN out of 119?!?!?! Come on!!

    But, to top it off, they have Josh Allen in the BOTTOM HALF OF THE LEAGUE for QB's....and Stefon Diggs TWENTY THREE?!?!? Cole Beasley is considered one of the best if not THE best slot receiver in the NFL....yet....PFF has him at #68?!?!?

    Sorry....but PFF's rankings are really kinda silly.

    You can "wait for the long haul to see if he's increased his value yet." but, thankfully, you have NO SAY in the Bills GM room where they already have put an extremely high value on Edmunds with their exercising of his 5th year option...a no brainer guarantee of over $12 million.

  23. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    23,924
    Thanks
    17,922
    Thanked 9,589 Times in 6,126 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    65

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    I was reading my Apple News feed yesterday, and as usual, there are lots of stories involving the NFL and the Bills.

    One headline came up that was very interesting....

    Every NFL Team's Most Promising Youngster


    Ok....this should be fun, I thought. It's in alpha order so first up is Arizona.

    Kyle Murray is the pick. Well....duh!!!

    Next is Atlanta....Kyle Pitts. Another DUH. Matt Ryan is a competent QB but not anywhere close to a "youngster".


    Next is Baltimore and, of course, Lamar Jackson. Looks like all the young QB's are going to make this list. So, I scroll down to the Bills....expecting another DUH in Josh Allen, being from the same draft class as Jackson.

    Who do they have as the Buffalo Bills "most Promising Youngster"?!?!?!?!?!


    Buffalo Bills: LB Tremaine Edmunds



    1. Tremaine Edmunds already feels like he's been with the Buffalo Bills forever, yet he's still only 23 years old.


      Edmunds experienced growing pains as a young defender. However, he's been a defensive staple over the last three-plus seasons. He has played all but two regular-season contests and recorded at least 115 tackles in each of his first three campaigns.


      The two-time Pro Bowl selection brings a rare blend of size (6'5", 250 pounds), speed, length and athleticism to the linebacker position.


      "He's a baller day-in and day-out," Bills tight end Dawson Knox told reporters. "Any time I've got to match up with him in practice, it's like, you know, good luck to me. I've got to be at the top of my game to either block him or create separation. I mean, he's one of the few linebackers I've ever played against who's bigger than me."

    Another objective and well informed sports media professional citing the guy a few haters like to hate.


    The back and forth with the Edmunds haters reminds me of when my friend who works for the immigration department had a trip to Arizona to help at an immigration facility. He/she ran into some "Flat Earthers".

    They were very insistent that what all the scientist and....well....just about everyone with a brain.....was telling them was ALL WRONG. They even gave him/her a brochure.....


    flat earth brochure.jpg


    They have a web site and everything. FlatEarth101.com

    I get the same feeling when communicating with MAGA cultists whenever the subject of the 2020 election being "stolen" comes up.

    It's irrelevant what the truth is....talking to them is like talking to a brick wall. They will never be convinced of reality because they are too investing in their own bullcrap.

    But, if one says that the earth is flat...I'm going to refute it for principles sake. If one says that the 2020 elections was "stolen" I'm going to refute it because not doing so is damaging to democracy.

    When some unfairly and without comprehending reality **** on Tremaine Edmunds (or any other member of the Bills that does not deserve the disrespect), me being a true blue Bills fan am going to refute it to protect the team's integrity and show respect for what is obvious to any objective observer.

    Yes....the world IS round....the 2020 election was NOT stolen....and Tremaine Edmunds is NOT a "bust" he does not "suck" he is NOT "not a good LB" he is NOT a "liability" and he HAS performed at a high level since he started in the NFL.

    DO I need the haters to agree or change their confused minds??? NOPE.

    You don't like it??? Too bad. Go to some competing team's forum that wants to **** on the Bills....because you sound exactly like them.
    Last edited by notacon; 10-16-2021 at 02:52 PM.

  24. Post thanked by:

    Cali512 (10-16-2021)

  25. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,527
    Thanks
    331
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 837 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    20

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I was reading my Apple News feed yesterday, and as usual, there are lots of stories involving the NFL and the Bills.

    One headline came up that was very interesting....

    Every NFL Team's Most Promising Youngster


    Ok....this should be fun, I thought. It's in alpha order so first up is Arizona.

    Kyle Murray is the pick. Well....duh!!!

    Next is Atlanta....Kyle Pitts. Another DUH. Matt Ryan is a competent QB but not anywhere close to a "youngster".


    Next is Baltimore and, of course, Lamar Jackson. Looks like all the young QB's are going to make this list. So, I scroll down to the Bills....expecting another DUH in Josh Allen, being from the same draft class as Jackson.

    Who do they have as the Buffalo Bills "most Promising Youngster"?!?!?!?!?!





    Another objective and well informed sports media professional citing the guy a few haters like to hate.


    The back and forth with the Edmunds haters reminds me of when my friend who works for the immigration department had a trip to Arizona to help at an immigration facility. He/she ran into some "Flat Earthers".

    They were very insistent that what all the scientist and....well....just about everyone with a brain.....was telling them was ALL WRONG. They even gave him/her a brochure.....


    flat earth brochure.jpg


    They have a web site and everything. FlatEarth101.com

    I get the same feeling when communicating with MAGA cultists whenever the subject of the 2020 election being "stolen" comes up.

    It's irrelevant what the truth is....talking to them is like talking to a brick wall. They will never be convinced of reality because they are too investing in their own bullcrap.

    But, if one says that the earth is flat...I'm going to refute it for principles sake. If one says that the 2020 elections was "stolen" I'm going to refute it because not doing so is damaging to democracy.

    When some unfairly and without comprehending reality **** on Tremaine Edmunds (or any other member of the Bills that does not deserve the disrespect), me being a true blue Bills fan am going to refute it to protect the team's integrity and show respect for what is obvious to any objective observer.

    Yes....the world IS round....the 2020 election was NOT stolen....and Tremaine Edmunds is NOT a "bust" he does not "suck" he is NOT "not a good LB" he is NOT a "liability" and he HAS performed at a high level since he started in the NFL.

    DO I need the haters to agree or change their confused minds??? NOPE.

    You don't like it??? Too bad. Go to some competing team's forum that wants to **** on the Bills....because you sound exactly like them.
    Wow you just completely changed everyone's mind about Edmunds and yourself. Goodjob Nota! Brilliant as always!

  26. #157
    Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    In the Black Hills
    Posts
    41,497
    Thanks
    11,055
    Thanked 5,518 Times in 3,324 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    144

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Tying ANY kind of political argument/comparison does NOT bode well for the continuation of this thread.

  27. Post thanked by:

    Novacane (10-17-2021)

  28. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    23,924
    Thanks
    17,922
    Thanked 9,589 Times in 6,126 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    65

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    Wow you just completely changed everyone's mind about Edmunds and yourself. Goodjob Nota! Brilliant as always!
    Says the brick wall.

  29. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    23,924
    Thanks
    17,922
    Thanked 9,589 Times in 6,126 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    65

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cntrygal View Post
    Tying ANY kind of political argument/comparison does NOT bode well for the continuation of this thread.
    Well...flat earth is about science. I guess I could have used Holocaust Denial example instead of a relatively benign "political" one.

  30. #160
    Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    In the Black Hills
    Posts
    41,497
    Thanks
    11,055
    Thanked 5,518 Times in 3,324 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    144

    Re: Why Do Edmunds Haters Hate When Outside Buffalo He's Considered Special?

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Well...flat earth is about science. I guess I could have used Holocaust Denial example instead of a relatively benign "political" one.
    You didn't stick with just "flat earth science" - read your own posts.

    Stick with sports analogies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •