Thread: Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 6

Thanks
    Thanked 5,426 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 6

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-fa...-running-backs

You have lineup questions. We have answers. At least we hope. Start 'Em & Sit 'Em has helped fantasy managers for years make those pressing lineup decisions. And you know what is a good decision? Starting Patrick Mahomes. But that's too obvious, so you won't see that here. Instead here are some of the most-pressing questions. And, if you can't find a player you are looking for, please check out latest NFL Fantasy lineup rankings right here.
    Click This!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/IQy08hbocbc?feature=share

BUFFALO BILLS SCHEDULE

09/08 @ Rams 8:20 pm
    09/19 TITANS 7:15 pm
    09/25 @ Dolphins 1:00 pm
    10/02 @ Ravens 1:00 pm
    10/09 STEELERS 8:20 pm
    10/16 @ Chiefs 4:25 pm
    10/30 PACKERS 8:20 pm
    11/06 @ Jets 1:00 pm
    11/13 VIKINGS 1:00 pm
    11/20 BROWNS 1:00 pm
    11/24 @ Lions 12:30 pm
    12/01 @ Patriots 8:15 pm
    12/11 JETS 1:00 pm
    12/18 DOLPHINS TBD
    12/24 @ Bears 1:00 pm
    01/02 @ Bengals 8:30 pm
    01/08 PATRIOTS TBD

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 6

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-fa...-running-backs

You have lineup questions. We have answers. At least we hope. Start 'Em & Sit 'Em has helped fantasy managers for years make those pressing lineup decisions. And you know what is a good decision? Starting Patrick Mahomes. But that's too obvious, so you won't see that here. Instead here are some of the most-pressing questions. And, if you can't find a player you are looking for, please check out latest NFL Fantasy lineup rankings right here.
    Interesting if you're into fantasy football.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sit em!

Damien Harris

New England Patriots
    · RB

Harris also battled an injury last week, though he did return to the game. There has been a lot of
    Rhamondre Stevenson, though he wasn’t very effective. The Cowboys are one of the toughest teams against the run. And if the game script tilts one way, we could possibly see more Brandon Bolden or maybe a surprise appearance by J.J. Taylor. I’m not letting Taylor go, either. You all wanted me to dump Giovani Bernard and look at how chagrined you are right now. Just kidding, random dudes on Twitter rarely admit when they are wrong. Although it did happen this week and it was pretty cool.

Last edited by Woodman; 10-16-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mark Ingram Houston RB

Sit Em

Ingram had 16 attempts against the Patriots on Sunday. He gained just 41 yards with a long of eight yards. And I know the Colts FPA is pretty decent right now because the Ravens didn’t try to run the ball a whole lot but I do see the Texans running the ball a lot more. And since Ingram falls behind
    David Johnson on passing downs, I’m going to avoid Ingram.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sit Em

Cole Beasley WR Buffalo Bills

I faded Beasley during the offseason because I felt like it was just a matter of time before
    Emmanuel Sanders passed him up in this offense. But now it looks like Dawson Knox is getting a lot of opportunities, as well. And at some point, I expect to hear from Gabriel Davis as well. He’s kind of like Dolph Ziggler in a way. He’s good. Really good. But he’s out of the main event scene right now. Besides Dolph is really good at comedy. I’m serious, he’s legit hilarious. As good as Dolph is as a worker, he might be better as a comic. Sorry, I know this was supposed to be about sitting Cole, but I don’t think I had anything else to add there.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Chase Claypool WR Pittsburgh

Start Em

Am I a points chaser? I am. Do I care? I don’t. Not with this matchup. The Seahawks have allowed a top seven fantasy wide receiver in three straight games. You love this matchup. And JuJu Smith-Schuster (out for the year with a shoulder injury) and his 6.8 targets per game are now up for grabs as well. I have no problem with this. It’s not always going to be this way for the Steelers, but you might as well cash in. It’s like being in Seattle when it’s sunny (although Seattle
    gets less rainfall than NYC), you need to take advantage of your opportunities.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

OBJr. WR Browns

Start em.

Let’s talk about a former Giant. Now, it’s disappointing to see the Browns put up nearly half a hundred points, and OBJ not really be involved. But he’s had at least 140+ air yards in two of his three games this season. Cleveland has the fourth-most total yards this year, and Arizona has allowed a receiving touchdown to a wide receiver in every game this year. I’m not saying he’s going to be a WR1 this week, but I’m cool with him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Marvin Jones WR Jacksonville

Start Em

You know, I thought about sitting Jones this week because Dan Arnold was getting a lot of love. Even Tavon Austin was getting into the mix. But again, with players who are most likely your WR3 or flex option, it’s important to not overreact. We drafted them late for a reason. Obviously, if you have Mike Williams and Marvin (like I do in a number of leagues) you can make some adjustments. The targets will correct themselves this week and we’re going to be just fine.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Dawson Knox TE Buffalo Bills

Start Em

Dawson has been amazing, even if his current pace doesn’t seem sustainable. I mean, it’s not like there are a ton of tight ends who can turn four targets into 117 yards and a touchdown. But I’m riding the wave until it crashes. Can it be this week against the Titans? Maybe. The Titans have allowed the third-fewest points per game to the position this season. I’m however not walking away while the table is hot. And if you do, don’t look back. There’s nothing worse than leaving your spot on the blackjack table and then having that person win tons of money. Don’t do that to yourself. If you bench Knox, don’t even watch the game. Well, watch Chris Rose do the highlights after right here on NFL Network (cheap pop). But don’t watch the game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

T.J. Hockenson TE Detroit

Start Em

Hockenson has had a rough go of it in recent weeks. Which I guess could be the story for any member of the Detroit Lions. I mean, how do you keep going after losing games like that time and time again. Hockenson has run less routes recently because of injuries on the offensive line, but look for him to get back into the mix against the Bengals this week.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Antonio Gibson RB WFT

Start Em

I almost feel silly that I have to mention Gibby here in this space. He’s one of the top running backs. You likely scooped him up early in your drafts. But then there are people on social media apps moaning that he’s too touchdown dependent. And I have to admit I’m guilty of being dependent on running backs who have scored double digits in all but one game this season. Also KC’s defense hasn’t been great this year. BTW, I’m not going to make the desk code on this up, but the FT defense has been just as bad recently. Darrel Williams is a nice sleeper this week if you’re in need. And if you’re confusing Darrel with Damien Williams -- which I’ve seen some TV shows run the wrong B-roll -- both Williamses, whether their current or former Chiefs running backs, are good plays.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Josh Jacobs RB Raiders

Start Em

The FPA (fantasy points against -- which would have been easier to just type out in the first place instead of going through all of this trouble) says that you should sit Jacobs because the Broncos have allowed the second-fewest fantasy points per game to running backs. But Jacobs was really good against the Broncos last season. And those plays that he made exist in my mind, so I’m going to need to go ahead and play him this week. Seriously.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Marvin Jones WR Jacksonville

Start Em

You know, I thought about sitting Jones this week because Dan Arnold was getting a lot of love. Even Tavon Austin was getting into the mix. But again, with players who are most likely your WR3 or flex option, it’s important to not overreact. We drafted them late for a reason. Obviously, if you have Mike Williams and Marvin (like I do in a number of leagues) you can make some adjustments. The targets will correct themselves this week and we’re going to be just fine.
    He had an awesome day!!