Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Pats are coming!

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,656 Times in 12,134 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The Pats are coming!

I fully expect the fact to beat us both times and win the div. This Bills team whoops up on weak teams but struggles when they have to play anyone who can hit back. We're destined to be a WC team that loses in the first round, especially after losing White.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe so, but this Bills team do have Josh Allen. His first 3 years in NFL did show me that he's one of the rare ones who CAN take over a game, unlike some guy like, say Stafford. Not saying he will do it, but has the capability and certainly has done it before.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    I said the Bills are a bad match up to them is because the Bills D is built to stop big plays and the Bills O is built to make big plays. Just the opposite what the Pats are doing.
    We've basically mimicked the Chiefs. Except we have a slightly better defense, and they have the better offense. I do like the way Josh played against NO, with him not going after the big play and playing hero ball. Of course, that's much easier said when the other team is starting their 3rd string QB and you dont have to worry about keeping pace.

I worry about playing teams that can physically impose their will on us, and as well, any bad weather will basically take Josh out of the game. Here's hoping there's no rain or snow vs. NE

4. Post thanked by:

Mace (11-29-2021),Saratoga Slim (11-29-2021)

My IQ Test results came back negative BillsOwnAll's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I fully expect the fact to beat us both times and win the div. This Bills team whoops up on weak teams but struggles when they have to play anyone who can hit back. We're destined to be a WC team that loses in the first round, especially after losing White.
    Are you describing the pats? Thatís exactly them as well. You love giving extra credit to other teams and less credit to the bills. If the bills did what the pats just did agaisnt the Titans, you would be having a fit and how the score wasnít relevant to the closeness of the game. The pats have beaten no one. Mac is nothing special ( yet he still could be). Their offense is a high school offense

Thanks
    Thanked 1,409 Times in 917 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How is this weeks game the measuring stick of where the Bills are at but the Jax loss doesn't count? Baloney. We don't play 4 decent quarters against a team that gets in our face and/or smashes us in the mouth. We are a bunch of BS finesse built on hope and the contrived notion that Josh Allen is something he isn't. Maybe NE will do us a favor and have a down game they are due for one -- that is how we can win -- wait around for the other team to either suck or have a down game. Even if a ****ty team shows up to play and smashes us in the mouth we can't beat them.

I don't hold out hope for other teams to suck so we can win. That is about as lame as it gets. Our squad has proved they are nothing but a Josh Allen smoke and mirrors show. All you need to do is rattle him and we are screwed. Brilliant strategizing on the part of the coaching staff. Should be an exciting season filled with hope and gut wrenching disappointment. Sounds like the Bills to me when we are supposed to be on the road to bigger and better things.

The PATS don't stand out anywhere but are solid everywhere. Bellicheck is on the road to COTY and White closing in on ROTY. Allen is breaking a bunch of team records. Josh Allen stands out because that is how things in our world are designed. It's all about Josh Allen succeeding and Josh Allen being in a position to make plays. Josh Allen. Josh Allen. Josh Allen. Blah Blah Blah. Josh Allen is currently 2nd in the division against a rookie quarterback. Josh Allen. UGH.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
    Are you describing the pats? That’s exactly them as well. You love giving extra credit to other teams and less credit to the bills. If the bills did what the pats just did agaisnt the Titans, you would be having a fit and how the score wasn’t relevant to the closeness of the game. The pats have beaten no one. Mac is nothing special ( yet he still could be). Their offense is a high school offense
    The Pats beat the Titans YESTERDAY. They also beat the Chargers, who are 6-5 in an extremely tough division.

And their O is 14th in YPG and 7th in PPG. It's not exactly what they were in Brady's heyday but it's far from a high school offense as you claim.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,774 Times in 6,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Titans had 2 runners top 100yds rushing against them yesterday, neither Henry or Peterson were even dressed, and they pretty much fielded nobody at wide receiver. The Tennessee skill group on offense were pretty similar to what the Saints rolled out against us on Thanksgiving.
    The Titans beat themselves with really bad fumbles.

The loss of AJ Brown is much worse than losing Henry. And despite the passing game of Tennessee being crippled, and no Henry, the Pats STILL got their asses ran over even though they were concentrating on stopping it.

The Bills are going to kick ass Monday night.

If they don’t....they don’t deserve to be AFC East champions or any playoff threat.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

****... another thing I just thought of: Pats and Bills on MNF. How many times are they gonna show the McFumbles replay? Ugggh.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,774 Times in 6,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Pats beat the Titans YESTERDAY. They also beat the Chargers, who are 6-5 in an extremely tough division.

And their O is 14th in YPG and 7th in PPG. It's not exactly what they were in Brady's heyday but it's far from a high school offense as you claim.
    The Chargers are a Jekyll and Hyde team. The Pats beat them with a pick six. They are not ready for prime time. Losing to Denver showed how they still have not learned how to win.

Tennessee was at their most vulnerable with no WRís....they have FOUR WR on injured reserve....and their best player, (besides Henry) and biggest threat, AJ Brown was not playing, which should have made the Pats stopping the run easy.

They totally whiffed. Allowing 270 yards rushing with the THIRD STRINGER gaining 131 and 10.9 yards per rush is almost criminally bad running defense. They saved themselves with two ill timed fumbles. The Titans beat themselves much more than the Pats beat them.

The Pats look VERY vulnerable and VERY beatable.

I know you worship at Belichickís feet, and are scared ****less of him and the Pats.....Iím not. Itís time to smash them in the mouth and show the world who the boss is in the AFC East.

I expect that to happen next Monday night.....and will be surprised if it doesnít.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The Chargers are a Jekyll and Hyde team. The Pats beat them with a pick six. They are not ready for prime time. Losing to Denver showed how they still have not learned how to win.

Tennessee was at their most vulnerable with no WR’s....they have FOUR WR on injured reserve....and their best player, (besides Henry) and biggest threat, AJ Brown was not playing, which should have made the Pats stopping the run easy.

They totally whiffed. Allowing 270 yards rushing with the THIRD STRINGER gaining 131 and 10.9 yards per rush is almost criminally bad running defense. They saved themselves with two ill timed fumbles. The Titans beat themselves much more than the Pats beat them.

The Pats look VERY vulnerable and VERY beatable.

I know you worship at Belichick’s feet, and are scared ****less of him and the Pats.....I’m not. It’s time to smash them in the mouth and show the world who the boss is in the AFC East.

I expect that to happen next Monday night.....and will be surprised if it doesn’t.
    Uh huh. People have been predicting that "changing of the guard" moment for 20 years.

We play to win the game! BuffaloBlitz83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We destroyed the Pats on monday night last year too. It was a massacre. Granted they are improved at QB but I fully expect to be 6 point favorites before kickoff.
    I

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    We've basically mimicked the Chiefs. Except we have a slightly better defense, and they have the better offense. I do like the way Josh played against NO, with him not going after the big play and playing hero ball. Of course, that's much easier said when the other team is starting their 3rd string QB and you dont have to worry about keeping pace.

I worry about playing teams that can physically impose their will on us, and as well, any bad weather will basically take Josh out of the game. Here's hoping there's no rain or snow vs. NE
    The Chiefs have Mahomes who were a bit more consistent than Josh in rising up above everyone else and got them to that Superbowl 2 years ago. This is where I see the difference between the 2 QBs, and really the difference between Mahomes and all the other young QBs who are (going to ) getting $40+ million per. Note, this is not a knock on Allen. I consider him to be a couple of years behind QBs who played major college ball and the fact he's where he is now speaks volume. I sincerely hope and I believe the management believes that he can improve more, albeit not as dramatic as the last 2 years.

And that brings me to coaching and management. There are QBs in the past as talented as Mahomes today but they only got one superbowl whereas Brady under Belichick got 6. Rodgers is a prime example. Coaches will easily fall into love of the capability of the star QB and just rely on that guy to bail you out every time. Belichick is known to be harsh on Brady, to adapt, and to find ways to compliment. I just feel like this past off season, the Bills coaching staff was not well prepared for teams countering Bills offense success 2020. They addressed the tackles position, still expecting the air raid offense can carry them without addressing the ground attack alternatives. I bet you in hindsight, McDermott would admit they should have dug deeper into the 2020 playoff games offensive performance to expect what they would see in 2021.
    Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 11-29-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,324 Times in 4,226 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So I guess we are officially on our last bloody leg.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The who beat who stuff doesn't apply.
    Teams and available players change from week to week too much to make any comparison legitimately.
    We beat the best team in the division KC when they had everybody .... so The who beat who is totally without merit.
    They (Bills) will have tough games the rest of the way .... can they win those games ..... without a doubt .... can they lose you betcha.
    The (Patriots) will also have tough games and the will find it very difficult to continue their current run JMO.

Bottom line it is my strong opinion we win the division and not the current division leading Patriots.
    Most teams have suffered consequential injuries and in my opinion the Pats still have that coming.
    Luck goes only so far on the injury front.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,946 Times in 2,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Uh huh. People have been predicting that "changing of the guard" moment for 20 years.
    So sweeping them last year doesn't count? As of right now we are the defending AFCE champions. The guard has already been changed

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    So I guess we are officially on our last bloody leg.
    Well, if they beat us, that puts them at 9-4 and us at 8-5, so they'll have a game and a half lead on us, plus the head to head and conf record tiebreakers (div records will be equal if they beat us). That puts a LOT of pressure on us. Then we sill have to play them again, the Bucs, Panthers, Falcons and Jets. The Jets will be an easy win, but the Pats and Bucs- both on the road- will be tough. The Panthers and Falcons aren't great this year, but we've already lost the the Steelers, Colts and Jags, so I'd hardly call them "gimme's".

They play us again, the Colts, Jaguars and Dolphins, so you can count on them to be 3-1 at worst.

All of this is a long way of saying this: Losing to them on Monday isn't the nail in the coffin as far as the div is concerned, but it leaves us ZERO room for error, and it means we're going to have to beat them on the road and beat the Bucs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, if they beat us, that puts them at 9-4 and us at 8-5, so they'll have a game and a half lead on us, plus the head to head and conf record tiebreakers (div records will be equal if they beat us). That puts a LOT of pressure on us. Then we sill have to play them again, the Bucs, Panthers, Falcons and Jets. The Jets will be an easy win, but the Pats and Bucs- both on the road- will be tough. The Panthers and Falcons aren't great this year, but we've already lost the the Steelers, Colts and Jags, so I'd hardly call them "gimme's".

They play us again, the Colts, Jaguars and Dolphins, so you can count on them to be 3-1 at worst.

All of this is a long way of saying this: Losing to them on Monday isn't the nail in the coffin as far as the div is concerned, but it leaves us ZERO room for error, and it means we're going to have to beat them on the road and beat the Bucs.
    They won't beat us.

So they will be 8-5 and we will be 8-4 after Mondays game.

After that they get a bye.

We play @ the Bucs on 12/12.

We close with Panthers, Patriots, Falcons and Jets.

They close with Colts, Bills, Jaguars and Dolphins.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    So sweeping them last year doesn't count? As of right now we are the defending AFCE champions. The guard has already been changed
    Has it, or was last year a fluke off year for them?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I joke a bit about this, but in reality, we actually might be better off as a WC team if we that means we dont have to play in weather.

21. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-29-2021)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,755 Times in 8,151 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Maybe off topic, but outside of the Chiefs, have we beat any teams this year when we played against their first string QB?
    Didn't see anyone else answer. 2nd Miami game, Tua. Past that we're 0-4 against 1st string qb's.

Kind of startled me when I looked it up.
    Last edited by Mace; 11-29-2021 at 05:32 PM.

23. Post thanked by:

YardRat (11-29-2021)