Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 86

Thread: The Pats are coming!

  1. #61
    Registered User Bill Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,074
    Thanks
    1,036
    Thanked 4,946 Times in 2,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Unfortunately might change again.

    In retrospect, we kind of seem to have remained largely status quo, Pats never do. They're a more dynamic philosophy.

    I remember saying last year, give Belichick another draft and they won't be flopping around like they were.

    Pats are one of those not spectacular, but simply businesslike teams our coaching staff seems to have issues with.

    My heart says the next 4 games are 4-0, my head says 1-3.

    Will agree with notacon though, and he said it, if they don't win Monday night the Bills don't deserve the division and aren't a contender.
    To be fair, BB as GM has been mediocre to poor for a decade prior to this past offseason. A lot of the friction that led to Brady leaving stemmed from that fact. I think Brady leaving and winning the SB did wake everyone up over at Foxboro. And that includes Bob Kraft who put some heat on BB for the 1st time in basically forever. The reason the Pats spent more than any other team in FA is because their roster sucked. But it does appear BB is GM of the year this past year both for FA and the draft. Mac Jones appears to be a perfect fit there. That just raises the stakes for this MNF game. They want back in right now. We have to stand up and say not so fast, not in our house. I'm not taking NE lightly at all. But I think we have a good chance to win. Have to have it.

  2. Post thanked by:

    Mace (11-30-2021)

  3. #62
    Registered User Bill Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,074
    Thanks
    1,036
    Thanked 4,946 Times in 2,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    That is my concern. I'm worried that last year was a fluke down year for them. Brady was their QB for 18 years and won them 6 SB's. It's not easy to just move on from that, and as we know all too well, starting QB's are hard to find.

    Who knows? Maybe Jones plateaus and what they're doing right now is the best they do with him. But if he continues to improve, this div is going to be a dogfight every year for the foreseeable future.
    I agree with all of this

  4. Post thanked by:

    OpIv37 (11-30-2021)

  5. #63
    Registered User Bill Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,074
    Thanks
    1,036
    Thanked 4,946 Times in 2,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Has it, or was last year a fluke off year for them?
    Depends how you define fluke I guess. NE did well to be 7-9 last year. That was a bad team. They are significantly better than that now because they have like 20 new players. It remains to be seen how good the QB will be. I think he's already top 15. But Josh is top 5 and has more experience. It's not fair to boil the game down to 2 players but Josh needs to outplay Mac and we'll be ok.

  6. #64
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    38,595
    Thanks
    4,423
    Thanked 5,324 Times in 4,226 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    118

    Re: The Pats are coming!




    The Pats are coming!



    The Pats will be going.




  7. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    25,533
    Thanks
    18,946
    Thanked 9,774 Times in 6,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    70

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Uh huh. People have been predicting that "changing of the guard" moment for 20 years.
    Yeah....all with Tom Brady.

    I am not "predicting that "changing of the guard” moment”. That was already done last year. Now it’s just maintaining the superiority.

  8. #66
    honey pie Typ0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    31,198
    Thanks
    598
    Thanked 1,409 Times in 917 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    94

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Hate to tell you guys this but if the PATS rise up and dominate us for the next two decades there has been no changing of the guard. Because there is an if there has been no changing of the guard. Blind homerism.

  9. #67
    Registered User Bill Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,074
    Thanks
    1,036
    Thanked 4,946 Times in 2,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    Hate to tell you guys this but if the PATS rise up and dominate us for the next two decades there has been no changing of the guard. Because there is an if there has been no changing of the guard. Blind homerism.
    suicide is painless

  10. #68
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    38,595
    Thanks
    4,423
    Thanked 5,324 Times in 4,226 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    118

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    suicide is painless
    Where the hell is Dr. Kevorkian when you need him huh?

  11. #69
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    16,981
    Thanks
    3,629
    Thanked 7,514 Times in 4,740 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    suicide is painless
    Most here don’t know that that song was a theme to a great tv show.

  12. #70
    Peterman Sucks! Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    34,092
    Thanks
    2,650
    Thanked 9,771 Times in 6,121 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    92

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Most here don’t know that that song was a theme to a great tv show.
    It was the theme to the movie prior to the TV show.

    And is featured in a great scene during the movie.

  13. Post thanked by:

    sukie (12-01-2021)

  14. #71
    Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    18,233
    Thanks
    22,461
    Thanked 14,755 Times in 8,151 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    54

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    To be fair, BB as GM has been mediocre to poor for a decade prior to this past offseason. A lot of the friction that led to Brady leaving stemmed from that fact. I think Brady leaving and winning the SB did wake everyone up over at Foxboro. And that includes Bob Kraft who put some heat on BB for the 1st time in basically forever. The reason the Pats spent more than any other team in FA is because their roster sucked. But it does appear BB is GM of the year this past year both for FA and the draft. Mac Jones appears to be a perfect fit there. That just raises the stakes for this MNF game. They want back in right now. We have to stand up and say not so fast, not in our house. I'm not taking NE lightly at all. But I think we have a good chance to win. Have to have it.
    I can agree with good chunks of this, but my opinion on last year is just that Belichick figured it was necessary. He's all about businesslike recognition. Last year had to happen to get a serviceable QB, so get through it.

    I once read, he watches the film of every game, every week, so I can see him measuring the likely FA classes last year and this one, and tying in the effort in FA with his draft class.

    Mostly, he worries me as a coach when he has the pieces he wants.

    We absolutely do have to stand up and beat them in our house to make a statement. If we don't, the Pats start creeping back into our heads. Bills are just looking wobbly to me.

  15. #72
    Registered User Jimkelly12203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,080
    Thanks
    4,267
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,454 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    16

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    I hate them with every cell in my body. I hate the cheaters with the fire of a million suns. I wish nothing but death and destruction upon them Monday night.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

    Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

  16. #73
    Registered User Bill Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,074
    Thanks
    1,036
    Thanked 4,946 Times in 2,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I can agree with good chunks of this, but my opinion on last year is just that Belichick figured it was necessary. He's all about businesslike recognition. Last year had to happen to get a serviceable QB, so get through it.

    I once read, he watches the film of every game, every week, so I can see him measuring the likely FA classes last year and this one, and tying in the effort in FA with his draft class.

    Mostly, he worries me as a coach when he has the pieces he wants.

    We absolutely do have to stand up and beat them in our house to make a statement. If we don't, the Pats start creeping back into our heads. Bills are just looking wobbly to me.
    oh it was necessary. Check out the Pats drafts for 8-10 years prior to this last one. But yeah absolutely. We have to have this one. It doesn't make much difference how either.

  17. Post thanked by:

    Mace (12-03-2021)

  18. #74
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    16,981
    Thanks
    3,629
    Thanked 7,514 Times in 4,740 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    It was the theme to the movie prior to the TV show.

    And is featured in a great scene during the movie.
    Yeah but the movie featured the lyrics… most don’t know the TV show theme had lyrics.

    Like the Bonanza theme lyrics.

  19. #75
    Peterman Sucks! Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    34,092
    Thanks
    2,650
    Thanked 9,771 Times in 6,121 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    92

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Yeah but the movie featured the lyrics… most don’t know the TV show theme had lyrics.

    Like the Bonanza theme lyrics.
    This is true, considering the TV show just had the music as its theme.

    But if you watched the movie, then you would obviously know what song it was the first time you heard the TV theme.

  20. Post thanked by:

    sukie (12-01-2021)

  21. #76
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    38,595
    Thanks
    4,423
    Thanked 5,324 Times in 4,226 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    118

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    To be fair, BB as GM has been mediocre to poor for a decade prior to this past offseason. A lot of the friction that led to Brady leaving stemmed from that fact. I think Brady leaving and winning the SB did wake everyone up over at Foxboro. And that includes Bob Kraft who put some heat on BB for the 1st time in basically forever. The reason the Pats spent more than any other team in FA is because their roster sucked. But it does appear BB is GM of the year this past year both for FA and the draft. Mac Jones appears to be a perfect fit there. That just raises the stakes for this MNF game. They want back in right now. We have to stand up and say not so fast, not in our house. I'm not taking NE lightly at all. But I think we have a good chance to win. Have to have it.
    It's gonna take an all hands on deck effort or we lose.

  22. #77
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    38,595
    Thanks
    4,423
    Thanked 5,324 Times in 4,226 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    118

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    Well if McD and Frazier can't outfox a rookie QB, we don't deserve the division. Personally, and I never say this, I think we're going to destroy them nationally.
    Wouldn't that be sweet!

  23. #78
    Registered User Margarita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,753
    Thanks
    1,827
    Thanked 1,332 Times in 835 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    9

    Re: The Pats are coming!


  24. Post thanked by:

    Mace (12-03-2021),notacon (12-02-2021),YardRat (12-03-2021)

  25. #79
    Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    18,233
    Thanks
    22,461
    Thanked 14,755 Times in 8,151 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    54

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    They REALLY need to address the Patriots.

    https://www.audacy.com/weei/sports/p...ots-resurgence

  26. #80
    Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    7,179
    Thanks
    10,332
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 2,484 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    Re: The Pats are coming!

    Since the KC game this team has been asleep at the wheel one game, bludgeon the other team into the ground the next. Last week was our bludgeon game so this week is our asleep at the wheel game. I see the Pats just dominating this one from start to finish. I am gonna stick with 59-0
    Insert whimsical line here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •