Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Spencer and Star

  1. #1
    Registered User Saratoga Slim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,706
    Thanks
    264
    Thanked 830 Times in 409 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26

    Spencer and Star

    Anyone hear an update on when these boys are going to get themselves off the COVID list?
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

  2. #2
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,721
    Thanks
    4,130
    Thanked 4,891 Times in 3,844 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    105

    Re: Spencer and Star

    nope.
    BILLS AGAINST THE WORLD!



  3. #3
    Well, lookie here... YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    77,700
    Thanks
    26,323
    Thanked 27,392 Times in 15,322 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    221

    Re: Spencer and Star

    We won't hear anything until they pass the protocols and come off the list.

    Star was put on the 14th, Brown the 18th so unless they are showing symptoms both are eligible to come off any time.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

  4. #4
    Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Last Depot
    Posts
    30,335
    Thanks
    8,023
    Thanked 12,926 Times in 6,771 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    116

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Non-vax players can't be counted on.
    We don't even have pictures
    Just memories to hold
    That grow sweeter each season
    As we slowly grow old...

  5. Post thanked by:

    Haile SpikedLemonade (11-30-2021)

  6. #5
    Unreachable Douche
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    67,271
    Thanks
    8,242
    Thanked 5,065 Times in 3,202 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    185

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Non-vax players can't be counted on.
    Nor can vaxxed players.

  7. Post thanked by:

    Buffatexas (11-30-2021),NC-BILLS44 (11-30-2021),THE END OF ALL DAYS (12-03-2021)

  8. #6
    My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    St. John, USVI
    Posts
    13,803
    Thanks
    2,123
    Thanked 4,079 Times in 2,449 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    50

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Nor can vaxxed players.
    Not nearly equatable considering the NFL rules and/or the reduced severity of symptoms via vaccination.

    But hey! You got a thanks from a guy who still thinks COVID is a hoax so there's that feather in your cap.

  9. Post thanked by:

    notacon (11-30-2021),swiper (11-30-2021)

  10. #7
    Unreachable Douche
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    67,271
    Thanks
    8,242
    Thanked 5,065 Times in 3,202 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    185

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    Not nearly equatable considering the NFL rules and/or the reduced severity of symptoms via vaccination.
    Do you want me to pull out the long list of vaccinated players that have missed games because they tested positive for covid?

    We can compare it to the unvaccinated list.

  11. #8
    Registered User Canadian'eh!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Fredericton, NB
    Posts
    10,104
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    43

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Do you want me to pull out the long list of vaccinated players that have missed games because they tested positive for covid?

    We can compare it to the unvaccinated list.
    Show us the # of days missed for each too.

  12. Post thanked by:

    notacon (11-30-2021)

  13. #9
    Registered User justasportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bundoks
    Posts
    69,915
    Thanks
    3,858
    Thanked 11,316 Times in 6,920 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
    Show us the # of days missed for each too.
    the number of days is a different point form what TD was making. You cant count on either because both can still get covid and miss games.

  14. Post thanked by:

    TacklingDummy (11-30-2021)

  15. #10
    Unreachable Douche
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    67,271
    Thanks
    8,242
    Thanked 5,065 Times in 3,202 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    185

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
    Show us the # of days missed for each too.
    The vaccinated Rothlesburger missed 1 game.

    The unvaccinated Rodgers missed 1 game.

  16. Post thanked by:

    THE END OF ALL DAYS (12-03-2021)

  17. #11
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,721
    Thanks
    4,130
    Thanked 4,891 Times in 3,844 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    105

    Re: Spencer and Star

    I didn't miss a single one.

  18. #12
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    5,452
    Thanks
    779
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 1,204 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    The vaccinated Rothlesburger missed 1 game.

    The unvaccinated Rodgers missed 1 game.
    Going back to the players in the title, they have missed 2 games and counting. 1 game where a NT would have been very welcome.

    An unvaccinated player gets an auto 10 day away from the team but a vaccinated player can return quicker with negative tests. How are the 2 comparable?

  19. Post thanked by:

    Haile SpikedLemonade (12-03-2021),Mace (11-30-2021),Night Train (11-30-2021)

  20. #13
    Unreachable Douche
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    67,271
    Thanks
    8,242
    Thanked 5,065 Times in 3,202 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    185

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Going back to the players in the title, they have missed 2 games and counting. 1 game where a NT would have been very welcome.

    An unvaccinated player gets an auto 10 day away from the team but a vaccinated player can return quicker with negative tests. How are the 2 comparable?
    Seeing how the Bills last 2 games were 4 days apart.

    Vaccinated individuals who are symptomatic must also return two negative tests taken at least 24 hours apart and must be asymptomatic for 48 hours. If vaccinated individuals donít return two consecutive negative tests, they may return after 10 days.

  21. #14
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    5,452
    Thanks
    779
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 1,204 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Seeing how the Bills last 2 games were 4 days apart.

    Vaccinated individuals who are symptomatic must also return two negative tests taken at least 24 hours apart and must be asymptomatic for 48 hours. If vaccinated individuals don’t return two consecutive negative tests, they may return after 10 days.
    Right so a vaccinated player can return sooner providing they meet the criteria. There is no option for an unvaccinated player to return early. Close contacts are also a worse problem for the unvaccinated.

  22. #15
    Registered User jimmifli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,624
    Thanks
    9,872
    Thanked 9,225 Times in 4,199 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    37

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Both back. Plus Felciano.

  23. Post thanked by:

    Haile SpikedLemonade (12-01-2021),THE END OF ALL DAYS (12-03-2021)

  24. #16
    Registered User Canadian'eh!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Fredericton, NB
    Posts
    10,104
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    43

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    the number of days is a different point form what TD was making. You cant count on either because both can still get covid and miss games.
    As always, you totally miss the point.

    Vaccination doesn't have to be 100% effective to be of value. It was never claimed to be. Morons with political agendas seem to think that's some wonderful point.

    As with society, the majority of cases come from unvaxd. The bigger majority of hospitalization is unvaxd. Even bigger for those who die.

    That majority is coming from (using Canada as an in example) the 15% of the population who refuse vaccine. So if 15% are creating 60-80% of the cases.... It means getting vaccinated increases your chances of not catching it a huge amount... Just not completely. Same with severity and death even more.

    To extrapolate to NFL rules:

    An unvaccinated player is FAR more likely to catch covid. They are also tested daily, so far more likely to know they have an asymptotic case.

    Once positive the unvaxd are out 10 days minimum. Vax'd are out until successive negative tests.

    Unvaxd players in contact but negative miss time. Vax'd only if positive.

    So it's absolutely false and completely illogical to act like being unvaxd isn't a detriment to the team.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    The vaccinated Rothlesburger missed 1 game.

    The unvaccinated Rodgers missed 1 game.
    Wow. That completely specific example works for you so it must be like... Science.

  25. Post thanked by:

    Haile SpikedLemonade (12-01-2021),Mace (12-03-2021),mightysimi (12-01-2021),notacon (12-04-2021)

  26. #17
    Registered User Bill Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    9,822
    Thanks
    1,014
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,893 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    40

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
    As always, you totally miss the point.

    Vaccination doesn't have to be 100% effective to be of value. It was never claimed to be. Morons with political agendas seem to think that's some wonderful point.

    As with society, the majority of cases come from unvaxd. The bigger majority of hospitalization is unvaxd. Even bigger for those who die.

    That majority is coming from (using Canada as an in example) the 15% of the population who refuse vaccine. So if 15% are creating 60-80% of the cases.... It means getting vaccinated increases your chances of not catching it a huge amount... Just not completely. Same with severity and death even more.

    To extrapolate to NFL rules:

    An unvaccinated player is FAR more likely to catch covid. They are also tested daily, so far more likely to know they have an asymptotic case.

    Once positive the unvaxd are out 10 days minimum. Vax'd are out until successive negative tests.

    Unvaxd players in contact but negative miss time. Vax'd only if positive.

    So it's absolutely false and completely illogical to act like being unvaxd isn't a detriment to the team.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Wow. That completely specific example works for you so it must be like... Science.
    dude....they're not listening. They just want you to stop typing so they can respond with their next "point". Politics trumps lives, suffering, the success of the Bills. Give it up

  27. Post thanked by:

    Haile SpikedLemonade (12-01-2021),Mace (12-03-2021),notacon (12-04-2021)

  28. #18
    Ever Living Ever Sure Rasta Haile SpikedLemonade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    32,570
    Thanks
    41,777
    Thanked 13,973 Times in 9,427 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    81

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    dude....they're not listening. They just want you to stop typing so they can respond with their next "point". Politics trumps lives, suffering, the success of the Bills. Give it up
    Truly not worth engaging them in any conversation.

  29. Post thanked by:

    Bill Cody (12-01-2021),Mace (12-03-2021)

  30. #19
    Unreachable Douche
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    67,271
    Thanks
    8,242
    Thanked 5,065 Times in 3,202 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    185

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post



    Wow. That completely specific example works for you so it must be like... Science.
    Sure…if you want to consider NFL rules science.

  31. #20
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,721
    Thanks
    4,130
    Thanked 4,891 Times in 3,844 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    105

    Re: Spencer and Star

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    Both back. Plus Felciano.
    and it's about time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •