Thread: The holiday break will last a bit longer

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,879 Times in 4,379 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The holiday break will last a bit longer

Per TSN: The NHL will not be back in action until Tuesday(12/28); it's being done to adequately assess the results of league-wide testing results and to assess the teams' readiness to play. However, they will be back to practice on Sunday(12/26)-that has NOT changed.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

2. Post thanked by:

swiper (12-25-2021)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The holiday break will last a bit longer

And we might get this break extended further; Elliotte Friedman noted that the Leafs/Pens game on Wednesday is likely to be postponed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The holiday break will last a bit longer

ESPN confirms Friedman's report...and adds that 2 other games have been cancelled: Tuesday(12/28)'s Columbus-Chicago tilt as well as Wednesday(12/29)'s Boston-Ottawa contest.

In addition, the NHL has temporarily reintroduced the taxi squads for all teams until the All Star Game break. Rules:

*The squads will be in place from 12/26 to each team's last game before the ASG break(in Buffalo's case, it's Feb. 1st against the Golden Knights).
    *Each team can place as many as 6 players on the taxi squad. No player can spend more than 20 consecutive days on the taxi squad.
    *All players on the taxi squad CAN travel & practice with the team, but can only play in a game if recalled and put on the active roster before a game.

There were also tweaks made to the CBA for the time being:

*If a team has fewer than 2 goalies available for a game, it can recall a goalie immediately.
    *If a team has few than 12 forwards & 6 defensemen available specifically due to COVID protocols, they can recall as many players as needed to fill the deficit.
    *Each team can recall a player pursuant to the Roster Emergency Exemption with an AAV of no more than $1 million.
    Last edited by ckg927; 12-27-2021 at 11:51 AM.