Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 916 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: It was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Huh? I don't understand why this is confusing you. Would you rather play a team that is firing on all cylinders, or a team that played poorly but still manage to limp to a victory over the 7 seed? I'd rather have the latter.
    Was going to defend you about not being a 'pessimist' then I saw this loser talk. We are talking about trying to win a championship Op and we need to be prepared to beat the Chiefs firing on all cylinders not wait around to play the limp dick teams. That is what it comes down to.

I agree with you our team has proven not consistent. They have been up and down. It is frustrating and should be considered when making these predictions. I am with you on those things and not going blindly into this. However, that doesn't mean they are going to show up and play crappy either.

We are going to stomp them.

We are going to destroy them.

If McDermott doesn't shut the team down we are going on to win a championship this season the cards have been dealt and we are in as good a position as anyone.

Let's get it on.

I think if they are going to lay an egg it will be in subsequent weeks not this one.

2. Post thanked by:

Gibby 2.0 (01-19-2022),Novacane (01-19-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,764 Times in 6,299 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    I think most fans find themselves in between you and Op. Op is far one way and your far the other.

You agree with everything the bills can do and spin everything positive, Op is a pessimist

Most of us are in the middle, rational
    Oh PLEASE. You are SO lacking in self awareness. It’s STUNNING!!

You are not “rational” in the least. And your posts are NOT “in the middle”.

Jesus. I already proved beyond any doubt that an overwhelming majority pf your posts are extremely NEGATIVE and **** and disrespect almost every player (in some way or another) and the coaches.

Read you own posts. You are one of the most negative posters....and WAY MORE negative and disrespectful and NON-RATIONAL than Opi ever has been or probably ever will be.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I'm saying I don't know if we're a better team than the Chiefs because of the inconsistency. If we can play like we did against the Patriots, we'll beat any team in the NFL, including the Chiefs. But anyone who has been watching knows that team doesn't show up every week. And they're playing extremely well and they've been more consistent.
    You said the same thing (but worse) about the Pats. Even when the Bills crushed the Pats at NE, you doubted they could do it again.

And even after the historic beat down of the Pats and the Bills...you pimp the idea of their inability to beat them, and Belichick (who you have a sick worship of) you STILL disrespect the Bills and their ability to “beat good teams”.

Sorry, but the Bills already have shown that they can beat the Chiefs....and I fully expect them to do it again this weekend.

I’ve said it before and will repeat....wait until the Bills are dead before you dance on their grave.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BTW Opi....every single team in the NFL can be called “inconsistent”.

EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!

6. Post thanked by:

Gibby 2.0 (01-19-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Oh PLEASE. You are SO lacking in self awareness. It’s STUNNING!!

You are not “rational” in the least. And your posts are NOT “in the middle”.

Jesus. I already proved beyond any doubt that an overwhelming majority pf your posts are extremely NEGATIVE and **** and disrespect almost every player (in some way or another) and the coaches.

Read you own posts. You are one of the most negative posters....and WAY MORE negative and disrespectful and NON-RATIONAL than Opi ever has been or probably ever will be.

Just the way you responded to my post is irrational
    Troll, Troll, Troll your posts

Angrily down the thread

Cluelessly, cluelessly, cluelessly, cluelessly

Your credibility is but a Dream

-Notabrain

Thanks
    Thanked 7,504 Times in 4,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

BTW Opi....every single team in the NFL can be called “inconsistent”.

EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!
    Jets consistently blow

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,404 Times in 1,749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Jets consistently blow
    The Jets beat the Titans.

10. Post thanked by:

notacon (01-20-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,504 Times in 4,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    The Jets beat the Titans.
    That was the Titans inconsistency nose diving.

12. Post thanked by:

Joe Fo Sho (01-20-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

KC was not inconsistent. They went through a slump then got healthier and started playing better. That is not inconsistent. Better teams won't come out and lay eggs randomly with no rhyme or reason like we do. We don't do well with adversity. We fold up and cave. When things are going our way we look great and everybody goes 'ooohhhh ahhhh Josh Allen'. When things aren't going our way we don't know how to fight through it and get on the right track. We lose our intensity and immediacy. Even in a loss good teams keep fighting tooth and nail. Not us. We are a very capable team but not one you can always count on to strive towards their capabilities. Personally, I think the coaching has taken them out of some games and the players just say **** it trying to overcome lousy coaching decisions is way more to ask of them than should be asked.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    KC was not inconsistent. They went through a slump then got healthier and started playing better. That is not inconsistent. Better teams won't come out and lay eggs randomly with no rhyme or reason like we do. We don't do well with adversity. We fold up and cave. When things are going our way we look great and everybody goes 'ooohhhh ahhhh Josh Allen'. When things aren't going our way we don't know how to fight through it and get on the right track. We lose our intensity and immediacy. Even in a loss good teams keep fighting tooth and nail. Not us. We are a very capable team but not one you can always count on to strive towards their capabilities. Personally, I think the coaching has taken them out of some games and the players just say **** it trying to overcome lousy coaching decisions is way more to ask of them than should be asked.

I think what was really going on is the players weren't allowed to be physical and impose their will. We were becoming so pass happy and finesse that our OL/RBs/QB were getting destroyed every game without a consistent run attack to counter. That can make teams defeated especially if the playcalling doesn't allow our team to counter physically

When your team comes out physical and establishes a run game or consistent push, that goes well for the whole game. Every game we struggled or looked uninspired in where due to lack of physicality

For an offensive line it's a mentality. Imagine going backwards a whole game vs mean angry huge lineman and never getting a chance to hit them back. It takes a toll on you mentally. The run game/mentality side of things is why our team is playing more physical and our blocking improved. Once you allow balance in the offense, and allow lineman to hit the defense back, you get better results

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think what was really going on is the players weren't allowed to be physical and impose their will. We were becoming so pass happy and finesse that our OL/RBs/QB were getting destroyed every game without a consistent run attack to counter. That can make teams defeated especially if the playcalling doesn't allow our team to counter physically

When your team comes out physical and establishes a run game or consistent push, that goes well for the whole game. Every game we struggled or looked uninspired in where due to lack of physicality

For an offensive line it's a mentality. Imagine going backwards a whole game vs mean angry huge lineman and never getting a chance to hit them back. It takes a toll on you mentally. The run game/mentality side of things is why our team is playing more physical and our blocking improved. Once you allow balance in the offense, and allow lineman to hit the defense back, you get better results
    That is a function of the game planning. Coaching taking us out of the game. I hope they woke up but am concerned the real thing that happened was the punter started struggling in practice so they have to change to a more aggressive strategy that actually works. All the finesse stuff was a big part of the problem. How can you get everyone on the same page to execute something when the outcome is predetermined to be what Josh Allen decides to do 'on the moment'? So they would one minute have him running around trying to figure out what to do and the next run him right up the gut. We need to play as a unit that puts everyone in a good position to win their individual battles more than we need Josh Allen to do everything to compensate for the teams shortcomings.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,788 Times in 5,585 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree but something changed at halftime in Tampa. I think McDermott finally got pissed off. I don't expect that play to return.

17. Post thanked by:

notacon (01-20-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Allen's job is to exploit our strengths and the opponents weaknesses not to be Uber Allen waiting for that to show up every week is very problematic.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    I agree but something changed at halftime in Tampa. I think McDermott finally got pissed off. I don't expect that play to return.
    I hope so but simply from an analytical perspective have to assert it went on too long and the mentality of that play was allowed to permeate our culture to the point it is what's going to show up when the chips are down.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,469 Times in 3,100 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think they went vanilla after beating the Cheats to essentially wrap-up the division. But they decided to dial-it-up for the 2nd half of the Bucs. Then we saw what they could really do against the Cheats last Saturday.

But it's let's go time. They'll be primed to play like the 2nd half of the Bucs (where they got screwed at the end) and the Cheats playoff games.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

Thanks
    Thanked 8,999 Times in 3,632 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah...maybe. On O, Mahomes slowed down on his turnovers, or really the Chiefs slowed down on committing turnovers.

On D, a historically bad D looked better towards the end of the season. Some credit getting Melvin Ingram. Again, maybe.

In their last 7 games, they had Denver 2X and Pittsburgh 2X. That's 4 games without facing an offense. When they faced the Raiders, the Raiders were still reeling from their own personal problems.

When they played SD in that stretch, SD took them to OT, even with the Chargers own bad defense.

And of course, Cinci put an absolute beat down on them in the 2nd half.
    Even against a bad Denver offense, it took a late game fumble return to beat the Broncos.

When they've faced a good QB, even in the late season, their improved D hasn't looked so improved.

In terms of overcoming adversity...again...maybe.

The BIlls lose a close game to NE, a game some call embarrassing. So the next time they face the Pats, they beat them pretty handily. In the rubber match, it was an uber focused beat down.

The Bills lost a pretty bad AFCCG last year to KC. So they went back to the Chiefs house and beat them pretty handily.

So now they have another rubber match.

I call it a toss up, but I like the way this team comes back from losses.

22. Post thanked by:

YardRat (01-20-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just the way you responded to my post is irrational
    NOPE. It’s SPOT ON.

They way you respond to my posts show delusion and irrational denial of reality on your part. It’s clear to any objective observation.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry, but you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Going through a slump is a sign of being inconsistent. And I challenge the idea that their slump was because of not being healthy.

There is no doubt that Mahomes was playing extremely inconstant ball in many games. Off target which caused many INTs. The Chiefs defense started the year SUCKING to high heaven.

In any event...EVERY TEAM is inconsistent to some degree. It is undeniable.

The trick is to put that inconsistency behind you come playoff time, and reduce it is much as a team can.

25. Post thanked by:

Bill Cody (01-20-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    From what McDermott says, it was the “leaders on the team” that may have “got(en) pissed”.

Buffalo Bills Head Coach Sean McDermott Reveals What Happened in the Locker Room at the Turning Point of His Team’s Season

McDermott then shared how the feeling around the team changed that fateful afternoon:

I think, really, it’s the first time I sensed our leaders as a group really step up and take control of the situation. That was the first time this season where I’ve felt that synergy, that vibe, that energy — if you will — of us playing together as a team. And it was great to see.

Sean McDermott on the Buffalo Bills turning the season around in Tampa Bay
    Last edited by Cntrygal; 01-20-2022 at 06:37 PM. Reason: LARGER FONT DOESN'T IMPROVE YOUR ARGUMENTS.

27. Post thanked by:

Novacane (01-20-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry, but you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Going “through a slump” is a sign of being “inconsistent”. And I challenge the idea that their “slump” was because of not being healthy.

There is no doubt that Mahomes was playing extremely inconstant ball in many games. Off target which caused many INT’s. The Chief’s defense started the year SUCKING to high heaven.

In any event...EVERY TEAM is “inconsistent” to some degree. It is undeniable.

The trick is to put that inconsistency behind you come playoff time, and reduce it is much as a team can.
    Like most things this comes down to perspective....and anyone that doesn't have your perspective gets pummeled with a diatribe of drivel. Inconsistent is not trending in any way. Slumping is trending. They weren't playing well and they didn't play well. They started playing well and kept playing well. We went up and down....one week we looked good and the next week poor then the next good again. Sorry you can't fathom the difference because it doesn't meet the criteria of your mantra.

29. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (01-20-2022)