If Buffalo wins the OP will just say..

"The reverse jinx WORKED".

What a troll.

Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs Zero's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: It was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Yet they still turned it on enough to kick the living **** out of a team that beat us

Its not very constructive to try to draw any conclusions about how well fair against any other tea, by basing it on how the Bills played against a common opponent. The Jets beat both the Bengals and the Titans (who beat us) - what conclusion would you draw from that?

The Bills understand that the Chiefs are the measuring stick. The best in class. But I think youre selling this Bills team shirt in this matchup. The defense is playing well and I trust this unit than the one on K . And you already know this offense can hang with anyone.

Granted we may lose, the game is at Arrowhead after all, but this a closer game than it seems. Vegas has this priced correctly.

3. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (01-18-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,788 Times in 5,585 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    It's not like the team hasn't proven capable of laying an egg ...
    Of course they are capable. I'm going into this game hoping we win, knowing we can, but not expecting it. It's his attitude that it's already decided. The Bills lost. It' stupid.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,508 Times in 4,738 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Actually past events I f competition really do not have any impact on a future contest. Week 5 is in the past and so is pat Saturday. The future does not exist and is merely conjured through projection. No one knows what is gonna happen on Sunday let alone an hour from now. All anyone can do is affect probabilities. That’s it.

if ANYONE knew what was gonna happen I need to see the big dollar gambling ticket. It wouldn’t be gambling if the future was known.

responding in anger to someone supposedly spewing reality about the future is almost as dumb as stating future reality.

Go Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    It's going to be a shootout.

And it's going to be fun to watch.

Either team could win.
    Exactly. These are two ultra good teams playing well. Epic challenge my ass. Its a crapshoot.

Realism does not mean picking the worst possible outcome every time. Thats not realistic.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,788 Times in 5,585 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HendersonD06 View Post
    If Buffalo wins the OP will just say..

"The reverse jinx WORKED".

What a troll.
    No, he'll just move on to there's now way they will beat the next team.

The Stoner Zoner BillsFanInMass's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills are gonna destroy Kermit and the chefs. The Bills are playing with an attitude. They are on a mission pedal to the metal. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Haack until next season. Call me a Homer. Whatever.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,644 Times in 12,129 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    You always say this. It's your opinion and you are arguing from your perspective. This is you. You have a reputation that you created. No one else did that for you. So it is absurd to say that it isn't about you as if an idea comes from somewhere other than ourselves. You ought to know this by now and just own it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    You always say this. It's your opinion and you are arguing from your perspective. This is you. You have a reputation that you created. No one else did that for you. So it is absurd to say that it isn't about you as if an idea comes from somewhere other than ourselves. You ought to know this by now and just own it.
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

The whole point of this message board is to discuss the team, so that’s what I do. In the very early days of this message board, I saw some rather obvious flaws in the team (most of which turned out to be correct btw). People freaked out. I couldn’t believe it because again, the observations were pretty obvious.

Then, when I was right, people accused me of caring more about being right than about the team winning. Again, I couldn’t believe this. I was just trying to discuss the team honestly, and gain some credibility when I was right. But it didn’t work like that at all. People just labeled me a “negative Nancy” and argued with me incessantly. I lived out of market and all I wanted to do was discuss the Bills with people who actually followed the team. But I didn’t get that. I got a gaggle of people who wanted to be homers and didn’t want a realistic discussion of the team. They just wanted other people who were just as biased to reassure them and trash dissenters like me.

Looking back on it, I should have just left when I realized no one wanted to be objective . But, it was the early 00’s. There was no Twitter or FB and the local media around Buffalo had a limited web presence, so it was the best way to get Bills news being out of market. And, I had met numerous posters in person and we had a bunch of meet ups (and to this day I remain friends with several of them). So, I kept posting.

Yes, I got caught up in this sort of online persona and I eventually lost my objectivity as well. I admitted that last year.

But, from the beginning, all I wanted was to get Bills news and have conversations about the team when I was 400 miles away and didn’t know any Bills fans, or anyone really cuz I was new to the area. I never wanted attention or reactions from people and was frankly shocked at how much of that I got for obvious opinions that turned out to be correct.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 01-17-2022 at 09:26 PM.

10. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (01-17-2022),Mace (01-17-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,771 Times in 6,121 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Actually past events I f competition really do not have any impact on a future contest. Week 5 is in the past and so is pat Saturday. The future does not exist and is merely conjured through projection. No one knows what is gonna happen on Sunday let alone an hour from now. All anyone can do is affect probabilities. That’s it.

if ANYONE knew what was gonna happen I need to see the big dollar gambling ticket. It wouldn’t be gambling if the future was known.

responding in anger to someone supposedly spewing reality about the future is almost as dumb as stating future reality.

Go Bills.
    Bet the over. What it is. Easy win.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    The Bills beat the Chefs earlier this year. Stay consistent.
    But when I pointed out that we didnt beat any teams last year that had winning records, I was told that it wasnt their record. Its how they were playing when we played them. And at the time we played the Chiefs, they were playing much worse than they are now.

So, dont give me any lectures on consistency when so many people here constantly bend the narrative to favor the Bills.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,749 Times in 8,148 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

The whole point of this message board is to discuss the team, so that’s what I do. In the very early days of this message board, I saw some rather obvious flaws in the team (most of which turned out to be correct btw). People freaked out. I couldn’t believe it because again, the observations were pretty obvious.

Then, when I was right, people accused me of caring more about being right than about the team winning. Again, I couldn’t believe this. I was just trying to discuss the team honestly, and gain some credibility when I was right. But it didn’t work like that at all. People just labeled me a “negative Nancy” and argued with me incessantly. I lived out of market and all I wanted to do was discuss the Bills with people who actually followed the team. But I didn’t get that. I got a gaggle of people who wanted to be homers and didn’t want a realistic discussion of the team. They just wanted other people who were just as biased to reassure them and trash dissenters like me.

Looking back on it, I should have just left when I realized no one wanted to be objective . But, it was the early 00’s. There was no Twitter or FB and the local media around Buffalo had a limited web presence, so it was the best way to get Bills news being out of market. And, I had met numerous posters in person and we had a bunch of meet ups (and to this day I remain friends with several of them). So, I kept posting.

Yes, I got caught up in this sort of online persona and I eventually lost my objectivity as well. I admitted that last year.

But, from the beginning, all I wanted was to get Bills news and have conversations about the team when I was 400 miles away and didn’t know any Bills fans, or anyone really cuz I was new to the area. I never wanted attention or reactions from people and was frankly shocked at how much of that I got for obvious opinions that turned out to be correct.
    Well, I'm glad you didn't leave, old son. Like I said, I get it. I'm still looking forward to sharing the happy when we get a title, and I know you'll feel the same.

14. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (01-17-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,586 Times in 15,577 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

If you sincerely believe that then maybe you should consider actually trying to discuss the team instead of. your consistent historical record of starting threads that...

We'll never beat KC.
    We'll never beat New England.
    We'll never win a prime time game.
    We'll never beat a team with a winning record.
    We'll never win a playoff game.
    Get the members riled up.
    "Look at me"
    "It's not about me"
    Lose = I told you so, I'm right.
    Win = well we had to prove it, I'm still right.
    Rinse.
    Repeat.

Every year.

Try actually talking to others instead of trying to draw attention to yourself by declaring you possess some absolute truth that in reality has just as much chance of being false as it does being true.

You're not the only one with questions and concerns about the team, everybody has them depending on the specific subject, and some actually share the same concerns and fears.

But you pretty much are the only one that has a pattern of starting negative threads to draw attention to yourself and get a reaction from the rest of the membership. And most of the membership recognizes it, obviously based on the responses you get.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

16. Post thanked by:

Gibby 2.0 (01-17-2022),kscdogbillsfan1221 (01-17-2022),notacon (01-18-2022),Novacane (01-17-2022),ParanoidAndroid (01-18-2022),TacklingDummy (01-18-2022)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,310 Times in 3,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Bet the over. What it is. Easy win.
    I got the Bills on the momey line to win and the under.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The demolition of the Pats last night was awesome. Embarrassing those ****ers on National TV was long overdue.

But the Chiefs are clicking on all cylinders. Theyre playing so much better than when we beat them earlier this year. Its gonna be a rerun of what happened last year.

Also, I hate the ****ing Steelers.
    Dood. Dont ever change. You deity level troll on a regular basis and most people dont recognize it.

Good fun 👌😂

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    If you sincerely believe that then maybe you should consider actually trying to discuss the team instead of. your consistent historical record of starting threads that...

We'll never beat KC.
    We'll never beat New England.
    We'll never win a prime time game.
    We'll never beat a team with a winning record.
    We'll never win a playoff game.
    Get the members riled up.
    "Look at me"
    "It's not about me"
    Lose = I told you so, I'm right.
    Win = well we had to prove it, I'm still right.
    Rinse.
    Repeat.

Every year.

Try actually talking to others instead of trying to draw attention to yourself by declaring you possess some absolute truth that in reality has just as much chance of being false as it does being true.

You're not the only one with questions and concerns about the team, everybody has them depending on the specific subject, and some actually share the same concerns and fears.

But you pretty much are the only one that has a pattern of starting negative threads to draw attention to yourself and get a reaction from the rest of the membership. And most of the membership recognizes it, obviously based on the responses you get.
    No. I originally did exactly what you’re asking. It got literally the same reaction as the “we’ll never beat NE” type threads. Trying not to be antagonistic got literally the same reaction. So what’s the point? I just put it out there because people here react poorly to something they don’t want to hear regardless of how it’s phrased.

Thanks
    Thanked 27,586 Times in 15,577 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No. I originally did exactly what you’re asking. It got literally the same reaction as the “we’ll never beat NE” type threads. Trying not to be antagonistic got literally the same reaction. So what’s the point? I just put it out there because people here react poorly to something they don’t want to hear regardless of how it’s phrased.
    So you are being intentionally antagonistic because you know people are going to react poorly.

Thanks for being honest.

21. Post thanked by:

Night Train (01-18-2022),Novacane (01-18-2022),ParanoidAndroid (01-18-2022)

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,049 Times in 3,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

PLEASE STOP WITH THE PERSONAL ATTACKS.

I do NOT want to be issuing points, that potentially could add up enough points that would cause a temporary banning. We are entering the DIVISIONAL ROUND!!!!

Back to the topic of Op's deep-seated expectations of getting punched in the face by the Bills

The demolition of the Pats last night was awesome. Embarrassing those ****ers on National TV was long overdue.

But the Chiefs are clicking on all cylinders. They’re playing so much better than when we beat them earlier this year. It’s gonna be a rerun of what happened last year.

Also, I hate the ****ing Steelers.
    I'm also always expecting a letdown, but what makes it different is that THIS Bills team IS different. More importantly, the leadership and management has proved to be different.

Yes, the Chiefs are clicking, but so are the Bills.

Yes, the Chiefs are appeared to be more consistent over the last half of the season. Did you watch any of those game? I get a lot of them here and several of them were really close and if the zebra's hadn't called some sketchy crap - the Chiefs would have missed the playoffs.

My biggest concern about this matchup is our coaching/gameplan. My biggest hope for that, is Daboll & Frazier are auditioning for round 2 of interviews and need to put on a good show. I want to believe that McD has gotten past his conservative "play not to lose" gamecalling, but I haven't gotten there yet.
    Last edited by Cntrygal; 01-18-2022 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

23. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-18-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,930 Times in 2,900 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I’ve never been more confident in this Bills team than I am right now. I started watching the Bills in the mid 80s and have been hooked every year since and this team just feels different. Josh will go down as the best QB in Bills history and will get us a Super Bowl victory. This is the year!

25. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (01-18-2022),notacon (01-18-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Obada has been inactive for the past two games, but Leslie Frazier is hoping to get him back for this important matchup in Kansas City.

"He's kind of day-to-day right now, Frazier said. "So, we'll see how he progresses as the week goes on. Would be great to get him back, but we'll see. Hopefully he'll make it back."

Link

If he's 100%, this could help.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    I’ve never been more confident in this Bills team than I am right now. I started watching the Bills in the mid 80s and have been hooked every year since and this team just feels different. Josh will go down as the best QB in Bills history and will get us a Super Bowl victory. This is the year!
    Sadly, I'm not confident about outcomes... but I'm highly optimistic. We are finally on the right road, not the side road that leads to a ravine with no bridge.
    Which is a huge improvement since I have been watching them since the 70s.

28. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (01-18-2022)