Thread: Daboll and Frazier interview for HC job tomorrow - before the big game Sunday?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Daboll and Frazier interview for HC job tomorrow - before the big game Sunday?

Hopefully Schoen just tells them no preparation is required. I hate to have your OC and DC spend hours other than the game plan the day before a playoff game.

Thanks
    Thanked 27,582 Times in 15,574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Daboll and Frazier interview for HC job tomorrow - before the big game Sunday?

Don't like it, but Beane and McD lobbied for it after last season.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 12,528 Times in 8,475 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Daboll and Frazier interview for HC job tomorrow - before the big game Sunday?

WTF? Our OC takes (at least) a day off during the week leading up to preparation for the Chiefs to interview for a new job? How does the NFL let this happen? There is ZERO reason this cannot wait until after the Super Bowl. Zero.

Brian Daboll finishes interview with Giants

Daboll, 46, spoke Friday evening via videoconferencing with team president John Mara, chairman Steve Tisch and Schoen.
    At least he didn't trave there.
    Last edited by swiper; 01-22-2022 at 07:40 AM.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,216 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You don't think the guys that go longer in the playoffs get disadvantaged? Teams want to get their staff together quick and after the first coach signs it usually starts the dominoes falling. I'm confident they aren't still making the game plan on Saturday. Schoen is also still in Buffalo, they don't even have to go anywhere.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 916 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You don't build a winning culture holding people back. They already have their portfolio prepared and are ready for the interviews. We are talking about taking a few hours to talk to some people. What's wrong with you guys? This is taking time away from their families not the team.

6. Post thanked by:

notacon (01-22-2022),Prov401 (01-22-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,504 Times in 4,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Those hours could be used to insert more shovel pass plays or a new Dime package.

8. Post thanked by:

Typ0 (01-22-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,764 Times in 6,299 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Irrelevent. A video interview does not take that much effort or attention....as TypO observed.

The game plan was done within a day or two of the Bills knowing who they were going to face.

The whining about this interview is overblown baloney.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Irrelevent. A video interview does not take that much effort or attention....as TypO observed.

The game plan was done within a day or two of the Bills knowing who they were going to face.

The whining about this interview is overblown baloney.
    Daboll spending hours doing crunches, learning a proper Double Windsor and practicing his “elevator pitch” in an elevator takes him away from OBD… his play calling is compromised.

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 2,484 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

IF this is the case, then tomorrow should be an audition tape for their prospective interviewers. I want Frazier to be able to say see how I shut down the Chiefs? Hire me and I will make this a weekly thing. I want Daboll to be able to say, see how we put up 60 at Arrowhead? I can do the same for you. Of course I also want a weekend with the Ortega sisters, a billion dollars, and a private island in the Maldives but I will settle for having a user title that says Gibby is an Ignorant slut.
    Insert whimsical line here

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ortega sisters? From the Taco tycoon Ortegas?