Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Frazier better be gone.

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 2,484 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Frazier better be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    So then we just need Mahomes to go to the NFC!
    Nah, we need to fix this defense. We need to stop making Allen have to do it alone. The Chiefs are incidental. Frazier and our special teams ****ed us over. Last year I was pissed at the Chiefs. I can't hate them or the refs for a game that our defense did not adequately prepare for
    Insert whimsical line here

Thanks
    Thanked 9,769 Times in 6,120 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby 2.0 View Post
    Nah, we need to fix this defense. We need to stop making Allen have to do it alone. The Chiefs are incidental. Frazier and our special teams ****ed us over. Last year I was pissed at the Chiefs. I can't hate them or the refs for a game that our defense did not adequately prepare for
    I'm just saying with your example, Tom Brady left the AFC as well.

And then the Chiefs ran into him in the Super Bowl, and lost.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,504 Times in 4,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If this roster is only changed by draft picks… I don’t think there are meds strong enough to fight off the homicidal tendencies…

Bills re- signed so and so… ”good signing”
    Bills tendered what’s his face… “ good signing… continuity!”

you know what continuity is? Continue to lose to Andy Reid.

Proudly victimizing the victimizer's victimizer and cracking soreheads Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    If this roster is only changed by draft picks… I don’t think there are meds strong enough to fight off the homicidal tendencies…

Bills re- signed so and so… ”good signing”
    Bills tendered what’s his face… “ good signing… continuity!”

you know what continuity is? Continue to lose to Andy Reid.
    How is firing Frazier continuity. That guy has to go. I'd love to call on Denver's old HC.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Why not one of those high kicks to the corner around the 5 yard line then? If they wanted to down it at the 5 I'd of been fine with it.
    Might be a good idea but also could be risky.

What if the kick accidentally goes out of bounds or they get a big return?

President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League) Prov401's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Unfortunately with last night's performance, I think we are stuck with the Mcfrazier 'bend don't break, try not to lose, scared to win the game' defense for another year.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,980 Times in 3,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If anyone ever played themselves out of a head coaching job it’s him now, I mean giving up 43 points is horrendous coaching.

2021 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,469 Times in 13,022 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    How about improve your team to beat the Chiefs?
    They did....on national tv.

Then they **** the bed against the Jags.

I knew there was something wrong with this team when they lost the opener to Pittsburgh.

If you're a championship caliber team, you beat the scrubs....period.
    "I like the way Putin runs Russia." -Shiva, 9/6/2020.

9. Post thanked by:

Gibby 2.0 (01-24-2022),helmetguy (01-24-2022),swiper (01-24-2022),Typ0 (01-24-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,528 Times in 8,475 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post

I knew there was something wrong with this team when they lost the opener to Pittsburgh.

Said last night, if the the Bills beat Pittsburgh and Jacksonville like they should have then this game would have been played in Buffalo. Whole different ending then.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,504 Times in 4,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How is firing Frazier continuity. That guy has to go. I'd love to call on Denver's old HC.
    They won’t fire Frazier… Stats. Frazier has a flawed outlook but. was given the exact team from a year ago. Add Star subtract White. Tre is the only player one needs to game plan for. Sure power to a degree but there is no mister on D. Thus the result. Epic loss. More painfull than music city because we were forced to watch the knife slowly be pushed in I second at a time for 13 seconds.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,044 Times in 3,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This.

You need to be able to win games in more ways than just relying on your QB. If last night's game is in Buffalo, the Bills win. That's why home field is so important in the NFL.

13. Post thanked by:

Gibby 2.0 (01-24-2022)

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,372 Times in 2,624 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Borosai View Post
    The moment I saw the defensive alignment on the long Hill TD, I knew it was trouble. Who was responsible for that call?
    13 seconds and still gave up a game-tying FG after what should've been a game-winning TD for the ages.
    OT defense looked lost. They had nothing all game, and nothing when it really mattered. No pride.

Frazier isn't going to get a HC job now, so just fire him. Unless McD made those calls. That's a more difficult problem to solve.
    I had the same reaction. As soon as I saw that wide 9 look, I said it out loud. "I don't like this." Boom. TD.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't agree with the decision to kick into the end zone with 13 seconds left, but it was defensible. Anything can happen on a kick return, and with 13 seconds it seems like a fair choice to put your defense on the field and count on them to run it out. 13 seconds.

My big issue is the defense on those two plays. It was like we forgot that KC could tie with a field goal, and were playing to make sure they didn't get a TD. On the Kelce catch...he lined up without ANYONE on him. Hyde and Poyer were deep, and Wallace was off guarding the sideline by himself. There's literally no excuse to leave Kelce without people hanging all over him. He got a clean release and just ran a go route up the seam. Couldn't have been easier. Great! You kept him out of the end zone.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 916 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

McDermott is too committed to 'trusting the process' to go back and evaluate where some problems are. That's why we lost more games this year than we should have. That's why both of our current coordinators won't be gone next season unless they land HC jobs.

Registered User paladin warrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

GM need fire Frazier today . Please don't wasting time . Get over with . I dont care GM is a chicken. Be a man GM . Tell him ( Frazier ) you're fire ! .

18. Post thanked by:

Gibby 2.0 (01-24-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,765 Times in 6,299 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    13 seconds. You gave them a FG.
    Itís obvious that the Bills need a shake up on defense. Despite being ranked #1....they have failed to achieve what was supposed to be THE goal after last season...build the defense to counter the Chiefs and Mahomes.

The Bills had a two year roster....and now that is inevitably going to be several changes in the defensive roster.

Hughes is as good as gone. He had a $9.4 million cap hit in 2021 and there is little reason to sign a 33 year old vet to a new contract. Even for one year.

Same with Addison. They may have to take the dead money cap hit for Star Lotulelei of $5.2 million but still save $4 million in 2022 cap space. Heís 32.

The Bills still have not found a viable pass rusher. It may be time to make the moves to save cap space and sign a known pass rusher in FA.

Time to bring in some fresh thinking on defense. Best thing to happen is Frazier gets hired as HC somewhere else.

20. Post thanked by:

Gibby 2.0 (01-24-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,528 Times in 8,475 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Boomer Esiason suggested something on the radio. He said on the 2nd to last play of OT Kelce came back to the huddle and told Mahomes, "did you see that? If they have the same coverage throw it to me over that seem." They did and he scored the winning TD.

Esiason also said, "why didn't they tell Addison to hold Kelce on the line of scrimmage (talking about the 13 seconds)". If they did, it would have cost them a few yards, but also clicks on the clock, the latter which were far more valuale with a lead and 13 seconds left. It would have been a smart penalty.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, Pittsburgh was an eye opener sort of like the Jets opener back in 1994. All our flaws were on display, and most of them went unaddressed the rest of the year. Lets see, we had Daboll coaching cute, the only reason that didn't have too much of an impact yesterday was because of Josh Allen (and people want to trade him, are you f***ing kidding me?), we had the defense failing to make stops at the worst possible time and the dagger was a special teams miscue. Throw in sloppy line play and stupid penalties and you have the recipe that ultimately led to our downfall.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,313 Times in 4,215 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Scrub beating is an absolute must.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    Boomer Esiason suggested something on the radio. He said on the 2nd to last play of OT Kelce came back to the huddle and told Mahomes, "did you see that? If they have the same coverage throw it to me over that seem." They did and he scored the winning TD.

Esiason also said, "why didn't they tell Addison to hold Kelce on the line of scrimmage (talking about the 13 seconds)". If they did, it would have cost them a few yards, but also clicks on the clock, the latter which were far more valuale with a lead and 13 seconds left. It would have been a smart penalty.
    Because while Frazier's defense is statistically good, he is a bad coach because he cannot coach for the big moment. This is his 3rd playoff choke (Houston 2019, Indy 2020 [Reich wins that game if he goes for OT], and KC this year).* I mean come on its easy to have a dominant defense when you have the Washed up Big Ben, Jets twice (their kid may eventually be a thorn in our sides but he was not really impressive last year), Houston's third stringer, the Redskins backup, Tua twice, Jacksonville, Carolina, and Atlanta. ****, that was an easy schedule. Of course you aren't going to allow a lot of points or a lot of yards because those teams just don't have the firepower.

I will be omitting the Queefs game from week five here because it was such a s*** show of penalties and refball that one was not really able to see either team playing at their full strength and keep in mind KC was royally sputtering at the time. It was literally an anomaly.

The Bills defense in playoff situations could be best seen v Tampa and Tennessee and Indianapolis. Tampa? They could not get it done with the game on the line and they got carved by a good qb. Tennessee? They could not stop Henry and they got gashed by the pass and run all game long. The Colts? Yeah they didn't make the dance, but same thing, could not stop a good qb or running back. Chiefs week 5? That is still an anomoly. If not for the makeup penalty Josh Allen is picked and Pat Mahomes probably leads them back. Quite frankly, Frazier's numbers look good but against quality opponents the truth came out.