Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Reinhart as a PANTHER

  1. #1
    I really like you! swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    31,031
    Thanks
    14,722
    Thanked 12,769 Times in 8,658 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    81

    Reinhart as a PANTHER

    ****ing stupid Sabres.

    Reinhart with a hat trick last night. Now has 43 points in 43 games. Sabres shoulda just paid him.


    Some nuggets about Sam Reinhart and Anton Lundell, too:

    With a hat trick and an assist, some might tab Reinhart as the Panthers (and NHL) player of Monday night, instead. Either way, this surge pushes Reinhart to exactly a point per game (43 in 43). Maintaining that pace may be unlikely, but Reinhartís in a strong position to top his Sabres career-high of 65 points from 2018-19. If the Panthers found something special here, the Panthers could theoretically throw three dangerous lines (each line headed by Reinhart, Jonathan Huberdeau, and Aleksander Barkov) at opponents. Yikes
    .
    LINK

  2. #2
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    96,612
    Thanks
    13,594
    Thanked 23,993 Times in 12,348 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    272

    Re: Reinhart as a PANTHER

    I don't think the money was the problem. He's friends with Jack and I think he was disgruntled with the organization over all the losing and over how they handled that situation.

  3. #3
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17,179
    Thanks
    3,675
    Thanked 7,620 Times in 4,813 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    52

    Re: Reinhart as a PANTHER

    We can’t even ice 1 line… we have all 3rd line talent

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    51,933
    Thanks
    11,246
    Thanked 14,928 Times in 10,860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    123

    Re: Reinhart as a PANTHER

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I don't think the money was the problem. He's friends with Jack and I think he was disgruntled with the organization over all the losing and over how they handled that situation.
    Not money, but the sabres refused to give him long term deals. Bridge deal after bridge deal. He was upset about it at several points.

    He also called Adams after the trade to wish him good luck and wished he could have been apart of the solution. Long story short, sam was a good dude and I miss him as a sabre
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

  5. Post thanked by:

    swiper (02-01-2022)

  6. #5
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    96,612
    Thanks
    13,594
    Thanked 23,993 Times in 12,348 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    272

    Re: Reinhart as a PANTHER

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Not money, but the sabres refused to give him long term deals. Bridge deal after bridge deal. He was upset about it at several points.

    He also called Adams after the trade to wish him good luck and wished he could have been apart of the solution. Long story short, sam was a good dude and I miss him as a sabre
    So, basically trepidation from the GM. The other albatross contracts weren't Adams' fault, but he's still stuck with them and the org can't afford another one, so he got gun-shy.

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    51,933
    Thanks
    11,246
    Thanked 14,928 Times in 10,860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    123

    Re: Reinhart as a PANTHER

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    So, basically trepidation from the GM. The other albatross contracts weren't Adams' fault, but he's still stuck with them and the org can't afford another one, so he got gun-shy.
    Nah, the extension time was mostly under botts. Adams inherited a disgruntled player at that point

  8. Post thanked by:

    swiper (02-01-2022)

  9. #7
    I really like you! swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    31,031
    Thanks
    14,722
    Thanked 12,769 Times in 8,658 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    81

    Re: Reinhart as a PANTHER

    Yep. Everything JATM said is true. Reinhart wanted a long term contract from Buffalo. He said publicaly after the trade that he would have stayed in Buffalo had they offered him a long term contract. This came up a few times during his Sabres tenure. Each time the Sabres kept offering him two year deals. Gave him no security. The Sabres were afraid of looking like they overpaid for another long-term contract. What a giant mess on the Sabres part. A point a game player could have been in blue and gold for life. So infuriating.

  10. #8
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17,179
    Thanks
    3,675
    Thanked 7,620 Times in 4,813 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    52

    Re: Reinhart as a PANTHER

    When was Sam a point a game player? In Florida he has NHL guys to play along side.

  11. #9
    I really like you! swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    31,031
    Thanks
    14,722
    Thanked 12,769 Times in 8,658 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    81

    Re: Reinhart as a PANTHER

    Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    When was Sam a point a game player? In Florida he has NHL guys to play along side.
    He was close in 2018-2019 on a lousy team. The Sabres watched him play every night and should have known what they had then and locked him up. If they would have done so before the Eichel injury, then he'd still be a Sabre. Reinhart, Thompson, Mittelstadt, Cozens all could play center.

  12. #10
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17,179
    Thanks
    3,675
    Thanked 7,620 Times in 4,813 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    52

    Re: Reinhart as a PANTHER

    Well not Mittens… he’s always injured. He’s the Poz of hockey.

  13. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    51,933
    Thanks
    11,246
    Thanked 14,928 Times in 10,860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    123

    Re: Reinhart as a PANTHER

    Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    Yep. Everything JATM said is true. Reinhart wanted a long term contract from Buffalo. He said publicaly after the trade that he would have stayed in Buffalo had they offered him a long term contract. This came up a few times during his Sabres tenure. Each time the Sabres kept offering him two year deals. Gave him no security. The Sabres were afraid of looking like they overpaid for another long-term contract. What a giant mess on the Sabres part. A point a game player could have been in blue and gold for life. So infuriating.
    He was very upset after one season when he couldnt go to the world's because he didn't have a contract. He felt robbed of an opportunity. And I agree. Dude just wanted to play and security of a contract

  14. #12
    I really like you! swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    31,031
    Thanks
    14,722
    Thanked 12,769 Times in 8,658 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    81

    Re: Reinhart as a PANTHER

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    He was very upset after one season when he couldnt go to the world's because he didn't have a contract. He felt robbed of an opportunity. And I agree. Dude just wanted to play and security of a contract
    Yes. That was a Botterill failure. Big misstep.

  15. Post thanked by:

    JATMtheJATM (02-02-2022)

  16. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    51,933
    Thanks
    11,246
    Thanked 14,928 Times in 10,860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    123

    Re: Reinhart as a PANTHER

    Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    Yes. That was a Botterill failure. Big misstep.
    Enormous. And by the time the sabres had to do something, he was shuttled off for minimum parts. Thank God Levi looks like an absolute steal at the moment because good god.

    And I'm glad people see sam's worth now. I was constantly blasted for saying what a good player he was, and i think he was criminally under appreciated

  17. #14
    Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Last Depot
    Posts
    31,486
    Thanks
    8,593
    Thanked 13,263 Times in 7,055 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    120

    Re: Reinhart as a PANTHER

    Build a better organization and players will want to stay.

    The scorched earth plan wasn't working.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •