Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Poyer looking for a contract extension in Buffalo

Thanks
    Thanked 5,443 Times in 4,334 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jordan Poyer looking for a contract extension in Buffalo

You must make an opponent fight for every inch.

Layback keep it in front is loser mentality.

It's just that simple really.
    Click This!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/IQy08hbocbc?feature=share

BUFFALO BILLS SCHEDULE

09/08 @ Rams 8:20 pm
    09/19 TITANS 7:15 pm
    09/25 @ Dolphins 1:00 pm
    10/02 @ Ravens 1:00 pm
    10/09 STEELERS 8:20 pm
    10/16 @ Chiefs 4:25 pm
    10/30 PACKERS 8:20 pm
    11/06 @ Jets 1:00 pm
    11/13 VIKINGS 1:00 pm
    11/20 BROWNS 1:00 pm
    11/24 @ Lions 12:30 pm
    12/01 @ Patriots 8:15 pm
    12/11 JETS 1:00 pm
    12/18 DOLPHINS TBD
    12/24 @ Bears 1:00 pm
    01/02 @ Bengals 8:30 pm
    01/08 PATRIOTS TBD

Thanks
    Thanked 22,746 Times in 13,036 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Again, disagree. Has nothing to do with fandom, I'd feel the same if any other team did it. It's not going to work, we've proven several times. The goal is the same, you have to work for it. Some teams do, and get farther. You don't fall back into a video game soft prevent if you want to win a real game.

It was entirely generic and inadequate, and I find it real hard to believe you don't see it so.

It wasn't normal for a team fighting for another level to get generic default. It just wasn't.
    Of course it was a generic default. How do you think something like that becomes the default? Because it’s the consistent call in that situation. It got beat, the end.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 6,154 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The more and more mocks I've been seeing have Kyle Hamilton falling out of the top 10.

If he's still there at about 13 I would be happy if the Bills would entertain trade up offers to try and go get him.

Poyer then doesn't need to be extended as we'll have his replacement. A replacement that won't have to start Day 1...or we could move Poyer for another asset.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    The more and more mocks I've been seeing have Kyle Hamilton falling out of the top 10.

If he's still there at about 13 I would be happy if the Bills would entertain trade up offers to try and go get him.

Poyer then doesn't need to be extended as we'll have his replacement. A replacement that won't have to start Day 1...or we could move Poyer for another asset.
    I'm guessing if we are ever so blessed to get Hamilton he does start day 1.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 6,154 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    I'm guessing if we are ever so blessed to get Hamilton he does start day 1.
    I would think the same and we'd then be actively trying to move Poyer.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    I would think the same and we'd then be actively trying to move Poyer.
    1,000,000% agree!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jordan Poyer
    not present at voluntary OTAs

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/202...voluntary-otas

The most notable absence was All-Pro safety Jordan Poyer, who has made it known he is looking for a new contract through his new agent, Drew Rosenhaus. It doesn’t sound like one is on the horizon, so this may drag through mandatory minicamp into training camp.

“Business is business right now,” is what head coach Sean McDermott had to say about the situation. He noted that he spoke with Poyer at the Micah Hyde charity softball game and everyone is on the same page.
    Last edited by Woodman; 05-26-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,043 Times in 12,372 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

First, **** Drew Rosenass.

Second, the cap space just isn't there right now. I don't know where they think the money is gonna come from.

Third, I'll be pissed if he holds out and misses games. The team has a chance to do something great this season, but we're gonna need him to do it. And we're already down 1 DB in White, who probably won't be ready for the start of the season and likely won't be 100% when he does come back. If he misses practice, I really don't care. He's a vet, we're running the same D as we did before, so I have no doubt he'll be ready regardless of his off-season/preseason participation. We just need him on the field when the real games start.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,281 Times in 7,066 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not at OTA's

What a complete non-story
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

10. Post thanked by:

notacon (05-26-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,631 Times in 4,821 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cut Hyde. Use the money to pay Poyer.

let him do post game interviews solo. That’ll teach him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just trying to get more than he deserves can't blame him there

Thanks
    Thanked 9,931 Times in 6,434 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    First, **** Drew Rosenass.

Second, the cap space just isn't there right now. I don't know where they think the money is gonna come from.

Third, I'll be pissed if he holds out and misses games. The team has a chance to do something great this season, but we're gonna need him to do it. And we're already down 1 DB in White, who probably won't be ready for the start of the season and likely won't be 100% when he does come back. If he misses practice, I really don't care. He's a vet, we're running the same D as we did before, so I have no doubt he'll be ready regardless of his off-season/preseason participation. We just need him on the field when the real games start.
    I don’t understand the hostility directed at an agent. Poyer is a big boy. He (or at least his wife) expressed their dissatisfaction at his contract situation (in public) well before they hired Drew Rosenahus.

In fact, if a PLAYER decides to get tough in negations with a team, HE seeks out the best agent to do so. And Rosenahaus is the guy to do that. So, he’s simply doing what his client, Poyer, is requesting him to do.

And I also disagree that the "cap space just isn't there right now.”....it cap space can be produced rather easily. What I believe is the big sticking point is how long the contract will be....and how a longer term contract for an aging player will effect the cap in later years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I love these guys that always feel their worth more than the contract that they signed.

Or was it the wife? $$$$$$$$

Thanks
    Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's the inevitable ripple effect of signing Von Miller, then Diggs tapping his foot, now Poyer jumps in to see what he can get. I think 9 million is a fair price for him. Unless they work some kind of extension and hide it under the cap down the road, I don't see how he gets the money. He's not going to get 15 million, maybe a few million more. Then who's next, Hyde? You gotta draw the line somewhere.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,281 Times in 7,066 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Feel free to correct me but what I read is he married some Tik-Tok model/narcissist who is crying for him to get more $$$ constantly.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Feel free to correct me but what I read is he married some Tik-Tok model/narcissist who is crying for him to get more $$$ constantly.
    Sounds about right.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,043 Times in 12,372 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I don’t understand the hostility directed at an agent. Poyer is a big boy. He (or at least his wife) expressed their dissatisfaction at his contract situation (in public) well before they hired Drew Rosenahus.

In fact, if a PLAYER decides to get tough in negations with a team, HE seeks out the best agent to do so. And Rosenahaus is the guy to do that. So, he’s simply doing what his client, Poyer, is requesting him to do.

And I also disagree that the "cap space just isn't there right now.”....it cap space can be produced rather easily. What I believe is the big sticking point is how long the contract will be....and how a longer term contract for an aging player will effect the cap in later years.
    The goal of an agent is to get the maximum amount of money for an individual player.

But we aren't fans of individual players. We're fans of the Buffalo Bills. The more money Rosenhaus gets for a single player means less cap space available to put a winning team together. That's the problem with people like him. He wants what's best for an individual player so he can get the biggest commission possible. None of that ever helps a team.

Also, it really is about ego. A player willingly signs a VERY lucrative contract. Then, someone else gets a bigger contract, and suddenly the player gets all butthurt and doesn't like the contract he willingly entered cuz someone else got more.

19. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (05-30-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Also, it really is about ego. A player willingly signs a VERY lucrative contract. Then, someone else gets a bigger contract, and suddenly the player gets all butthurt and doesn't like the contract he willingly entered cuz someone else got more.
    Post 113 agrees!

Whatever happened to honoring what you've signed
    Last edited by Woodman; 05-27-2022 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The goal of an agent is to get the maximum amount of money for an individual player.

But we aren't fans of individual players. We're fans of the Buffalo Bills. The more money Rosenhaus gets for a single player means less cap space available to put a winning team together. That's the problem with people like him. He wants what's best for an individual player so he can get the biggest commission possible. None of that ever helps a team.

You have just proven my point in that to direct your hostility at an agent is folly.

And your statement that “...we aren't fans of individual players. We're fans of the Buffalo Bills” is proven to be wrong almost every day if you read the posts of so many posters....do I really have point out who (BTW...I’m not talking about you)???

With the reality of the embarrassing riches that today’s NFL enjoys, with billions upon billions being showered down on the league. And the VERY REAL REALITY of extremely short careers, that can be cut short (along with the ability to walk and/or think clearly) on any play, I have NO PROBLEM with each payer maximizing the economic advantages they can, while they can. Ad get rewarded for the YEARS and EYARS of dedication to their craft.

NOT ONE OF US HERE would do ANY different if in the same situation. And IF one says they would be “different”, you are lying and fooling yourself.

On the situation of Poyer, he is one of the best safeties in the NFL, and him wanting to get paid like one is not only NOT “selfish”, it is smart and what I would expect of any professional athlete that is performing at a world class elite level.

The job of the Bills management is to work within the rules the NFL and the NFLPA have agreed to, and field the best team thy can. The opportunity to do exactly that is what separates the good organizations form the poor ones.

There is a constant flood of extremely gifted athletes, the best in the WORLD, available every year, and the CBA has made it possible to bring that new talent (and develop it) in a cost effective manner.

If you want to rant about greed or “ego” and selfishness.....look to the OWNERS. The most greedy ****s in professional sports. Including our filthy rich owner who won’t spend one penny of his vast wealth to build a statirum that will do nothing except put MORE and MORE RICHES into HIS greedy pockets.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I love these guys that always feel their worth more than the contract that they signed.

Post 113 agrees!

Whatever happened to honoring what you've signed
    Would you please stop being so dishonest and smearing Jordan Poyer????

He is NOT refusing to honor the contract he signed. He is looking to get extended (in the last year of his contract) just like Diggs was extended with TWO years left on his contract.

Just like Josh Allen was extended with TWO YEARS left on his contract, which did not effect the remaining contractual agreement he had on his contract that the time.

That’s why Allen’s cap numbers were so relatively low in 2021 AND 2022.