Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: RB James Cook

Thanks
    Thanked 5,009 Times in 2,899 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: RB James Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Can't wait to see Cook and Shakir take their shots.
    I didn't know they were drinkers

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-22-2022),The last buffalo fan (05-24-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,209 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Vaccine.

4. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (05-24-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,908 Times in 6,415 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

BTW Gooby....the Bills DID trade with their “rivals” Baltimore (1st round trade) and Bengals (2nd round). In fact, the Bills used only ONE of their original draft picks in 2022. #89 overall for Terrel Bernard (which many thought was a reach as it was).

2022 NFL Draft: Buffalo Bills selections

Round Selection Player College Notes
    1 23 CB Kaiir Elam Florida Obtained from BAL for picks 25 & 130
    1 25 TRADED TRADED Bills original selection, traded to Baltimore
    2 57 TRADED TRADED Bills original selection, traded to Tampa Bay
    2 60 TRADED TRADED Obtained from TB for pick 57, traded to CIN
    2 63 RB James Cook Georgia Obtained from CIN for pick 60
    3 89 LB Terrel Bernard Baylor Bills original selection
    4 130 TRADED TRADED Bills original selection, traded to Baltimore
    5 148 WR Khalil Shakir Boise State Obtained from CHI for picks 168 & 203
    5 168 TRADED TRADED Bills original selection, traded to Chicago
    6 180 P Matt Araiza San Diego State Obtained from TB for pick 57
    6 185 CB Christian Benford Villanova Acquired from Carolina for Darryl Johnson
    6 203 TRADED TRADED Bills original selection, traded to Chicago
    6 209 OL Luke Tenuta Virginia Tech Obtained from CIN for pick 60
    7 231 LB Baylon Spector Clemson Acquired from Atlanta for Lee Smith
    7 246 TRADED TRADED Bills original selection, traded for Case Keenum

And for all we know (which is not much besides what is public) the Bills could have tried to trade up for Breece Hall. And they could have had a trade in place (which the Jets got wind of) which caused the Jets to move up to where they did (#36 overall) to grab him before the Bills did.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,573 Times in 3,176 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Maybe. Maybe not.

You're seriously trying to go into the minds of the Titans GM?!?!? ALL teams in the AFC are the Bills rival.

Using this draft value chart....

#33 pick is worth 110.5. The Bills #57 is worth 70.1. So, the Bills would have to make up 40.4 points (the difference in value of #57 overall to #33 overall).

The Bills No 89 overall is worth 38.3.....and No. 168 overall is worth 6.6. Those together are worth 44.9. It would be a difference of value of 4.5 “overpay"

A draft pick is worth whatever another team is willing to pay for it in trade. The Bills could have gotten a trade to grab Breece Hall, and it would not have cost them as much as you think.

Of course, the true value is in Beane’s hands. And obviously he valued the picks he made. I respect his management of the Bills roster.

BTW....according to the value chart I just used, the Bills trade in the first round (#23 overall for the Bills #25 & #130 overall) was pretty close to my proposed trade for Hall. (#33 for Bills #57, #89 & #168)

The value of moving from #25 to #23 is worth 12.5 points (161.5 minus 149). The difference in what the Bills paid (#25 = 149 plus #130 = 15.6 or 164.6 total) was 15.6 points (a difference of 3.1 points). They slightly overpaid to move up. Not surprising when dealing with a 1st round pick since 1st round picks have the advantage of the fifth year option.

If the Bills did a trade that I propose (#33 overall for #57, #89 & #168) it would be a little more of an “overpay” (4.5 points) than the trade they DID do in round round one.

So it would be perfectly possible.
    No, there are a select few teams who are the Bills' rivals. They're not going to just give away a prime pick for nothing.

Again, the Lions got the Packers' 2-2nd rounders for the 2nd pick in the 2nd round. It cost the Packers an extra 34.8 points using that chart, which is the equivalent of the Bills' 3rd round pick, which they would have had to use to move up. Meaning it would have cost them a 2nd rounder in 2023. It wasn't worth worth trading what it would have taken to get Hall, especially at a devalued position like RB.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    No, there are a select few teams who are the Bills' rivals. They're not going to just give away a prime pick for nothing.

Again, the Lions got the Packers' 2-2nd rounders for the 2nd pick in the 2nd round. It cost the Packers an extra 34.8 points using that chart, which is the equivalent of the Bills' 3rd round pick, which they would have had to use to move up. Meaning it would have cost them a 2nd rounder in 2023. It wasn't worth worth trading what it would have taken to get Hall, especially at a devalued position like RB.
    Uhhhhh......Both Baltimore AND Cincinnati are EACH one of the “select few teams who are the Bills’s rivals”. Certainly for supremacy in the AFC THIS year.

In all reality, Baltimore and Cincy are much more a rival than Tennessee, who is probably not going to be close to winning the AFC this year. In fact, I would not be surprised of they don’t even make the playoffs this year.

You were the one who brought up the draft value charts. I simply used them to compare what the Bills DID do in a first round trade (involving “prime picks”) to what WOULD ABSOLUTELY be possible to move up in the second round.

Obviously, your opinion that it "wasn't worth worth trading what it would have taken to get Hall, especially at a devalued position like RB.” was proven wrong by the trade the Jets DID in fact make.

They traded for the #36 overall used to pick Hall (104.4 points) in exchange for the #38 overall (worth 100.5 points) and the #146 overall (worth 10.9 points). “Overpaying” 7 points.

It could EASILY been the case that the Jets moved up to grab Hall away from the Bills. We will never know.

But, to reject the possibility that the Bills would of or could of have made a
    trade is silly.

I believe it is more lily than not. Once Hall was taken off the board, the Bills went to the next player on their board, Cook. Which they correctly perceived was not worth #57 overall, and they conducted TWO trades to move back.

Trying to use the Packers terrible trade where they gross overpaid and got fleeced, is silly as well.

Just because one team makes a bad trade does not mean that others will follow. That GB trade may have been the worst of the draft. They overpaid by an astounding 34.8 points. Maybe if I get bored, I’ll put numerical values to all the trades that were made. I suspect that the GB trade was by far the worst.

I’ll let you know if I do so.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Uhhhhh......Both Baltimore AND Cincinnati are EACH one of the “select few teams who are the Bills’s rivals”. Certainly for supremacy in the AFC THIS year.

In all reality, Baltimore and Cincy are much more a rival than Tennessee, who is probably not going to be close to winning the AFC this year. In fact, I would not be surprised of they don’t even make the playoffs this year.

You were the one who brought up the draft value charts. I simply used them to compare what the Bills DID do in a first round trade (involving “prime picks”) to what WOULD ABSOLUTELY be possible to move up in the second round.

Obviously, your opinion that it "wasn't worth worth trading what it would have taken to get Hall, especially at a devalued position like RB.” was proven wrong by the trade the Jets DID in fact make.

They traded for the #36 overall used to pick Hall (104.4 points) in exchange for the #38 overall (worth 100.5 points) and the #146 overall (worth 10.9 points). “Overpaying” 7 points.

It could EASILY been the case that the Jets moved up to grab Hall away from the Bills. We will never know.

But, to reject the possibility that the Bills would of or could of have made a
    trade is silly.

I believe it is more lily than not. Once Hall was taken off the board, the Bills went to the next player on their board, Cook. Which they correctly perceived was not worth #57 overall, and they conducted TWO trades to move back.

Trying to use the Packers terrible trade where they gross overpaid and got fleeced, is silly as well.

Just because one team makes a bad trade does not mean that others will follow. That GB trade may have been the worst of the draft. They overpaid by an astounding 34.8 points. Maybe if I get bored, I’ll put numerical values to all the trades that were made. I suspect that the GB trade was by far the worst.

I’ll let you know if I do so.
    I'm less interested with what could have happened than what actually did happen. The Packers had to give up a lot more in points to move all the way from the end of the 2nd to the beginning because the Vikings (I made a mistake in saying it was the Lions) demanded that much of a premium to move that far down. The Titans, regardless of whether they consider themselves rivals of the Bills (they still do), would have looked to see what the Packers gave up and demanded a similar premium from the Bills, considering all the Bills had to offer was one 2nd rounder near the end of the 2nd round. So you're looking at a 2nd, 3rd and probably 2nd next year at least. Again, not worth it for a devalued position and especially on a RB with over 800 carries in college and when the Bills already have a lead RB and are just looking for a complementary back.

As for the Jets, I don't care what they think. There's a reason they've been doormats for the better part of 4 decades now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm less interested with what could have happened than what actually did happen. The Packers had to give up a lot more in points to move all the way from the end of the 2nd to the beginning because the Vikings (I made a mistake in saying it was the Lions) demanded that much of a premium to move that far down. The Titans, regardless of whether they consider themselves rivals of the Bills (they still do), would have looked to see what the Packers gave up and demanded a similar premium from the Bills, considering all the Bills had to offer was one 2nd rounder near the end of the 2nd round. So you're looking at a 2nd, 3rd and probably 2nd next year at least. Again, not worth it for a devalued position and especially on a RB with over 800 carries in college and when the Bills already have a lead RB and are just looking for a complementary back.

As for the Jets, I don't care what they think. There's a reason they've been doormats for the better part of 4 decades now.
    But, we DO NOT KNOW “what happened”. We DO NOT KNOW if the Bills tried to trade up to get Hall....we DO NOT KNOW if they HAD a deal in hand and the Jets just jumped ahead of the Bills.

This whole discussion is ALL about what “could” have happened.

And your use of one (seemingly very bad) trade is meaningless since it does not reflect what the BILLS did in fact do (in relation to value with their draft day trades they DID make).

Now I am more determined to investigate every draft day trade in relation to the value as determined by the chart that I have been using. It will be extremely interesting to see the actual difference in “overpaying” or “steals” in relation to others.

I have a very strong suspicion that your reliance on one trade is going to show that that particular trade (that you are wising the determine what could have happened or not) was an outlier. And it will support my premise that the Bills could have easily, and with good value, traded up to get Hall.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But, we DO NOT KNOW “what happened”. We DO NOT KNOW if the Bills tried to trade up to get Hall....we DO NOT KNOW if they HAD a deal in hand and the Jets just jumped ahead of the Bills.

This whole discussion is ALL about what “could” have happened.

And your use of one (seemingly very bad) trade is meaningless since it does not reflect what the BILLS did in fact do (in relation to value with their draft day trades they DID make).

Now I am more determined to investigate every draft day trade in relation to the value as determined by the chart that I have been using. It will be extremely interesting to see the actual difference in “overpaying” or “steals” in relation to others.

I have a very strong suspicion that your reliance on one trade is going to show that that particular trade (that you are wising the determine what could have happened or not) was an outlier. And it will support my premise that the Bills could have easily, and with good value, traded up to get Hall.
    It doesn't matter if it was an outlier: the trade happened one pick before the pick the Bills would have had to trade into to take Hall, and the Titans would have wanted similar compensation (and again, the Bills didn't have 2-2nd rounders). Not that the Titans likely would have traded down since rumor has it they wanted Elam, which is why the Bills traded up 2 spots to take him, and the Titans traded down after they did and took McCreary.

And given that Beane had just traded a 4th rounder, I doubt he was going to trade away more premium picks, again especially for a devalued position.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,396 Times in 4,291 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    I didn't know they were drinkers
    So heavy!
    Click This!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/IQy08hbocbc?feature=share

BUFFALO BILLS SCHEDULE

09/08 @ Rams 8:20 pm
    09/19 TITANS 7:15 pm
    09/25 @ Dolphins 1:00 pm
    10/02 @ Ravens 1:00 pm
    10/09 STEELERS 8:20 pm
    10/16 @ Chiefs 4:25 pm
    10/30 PACKERS 8:20 pm
    11/06 @ Jets 1:00 pm
    11/13 VIKINGS 1:00 pm
    11/20 BROWNS 1:00 pm
    11/24 @ Lions 12:30 pm
    12/01 @ Patriots 8:15 pm
    12/11 JETS 1:00 pm
    12/18 DOLPHINS TBD
    12/24 @ Bears 1:00 pm
    01/02 @ Bengals 8:30 pm
    01/08 PATRIOTS TBD

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If you've looked at a draft value chart recently, you'd realize that it wouldn't have been "easy" at all to move up from the 25th pick of the 2nd round to the 3rd pick. It would have cost all of their remaining picks and then some.\

As for how good Hall will be, it remains to be seen.
    No, the closest was the Packers who traded for the 34th pick using their 2-2nd rounders, giving up a lot of points. The Bills would have had to get to 35 to get a shot at Hall (who went 36) and the Titans would have demanded a huge haul as well since the Bills are their rival and they saw what the Packers gave up.

And Cook will be splitting time with Singletary, not expected to be the lead back. Hall will probably be their lead back. It will be interesting to see how they fare in the NFL.
    It doesn't matter if it was an outlier: the trade happened one pick before the pick the Bills would have had to trade into to take Hall, and the Titans would have wanted similar compensation (and again, the Bills didn't have 2-2nd rounders). Not that the Titans likely would have traded down since rumor has it they wanted Elam, which is why the Bills traded up 2 spots to take him, and the Titans traded down after they did and took McCreary.

And given that Beane had just traded a 4th rounder, I doubt he was going to trade away more premium picks, again especially for a devalued position.

Well…I did the analysis I promised of the point value difference of all the draft day trades.

They do not support what that you have said.

What I found was extremely interesting and very instructive. First of all, the draft value chart that I used is very accurate (in relation to actual trades made).

There were only three trades that were well outside equity in value.

1. The Lions moved up in the first round and traded with their division rival, Vikings, that favored the Lions by a whopping 57.1 points.
    2. The Packers moved up in the 2nd round with the Vikings (the trade you are trying to hold up as the reason why it would cost the Bills an arm and a leg to move up to get Hall) and that cost the Packers 34.8 point in unequal value.
    3. The Vikings traded with the Colts to move up in the second round and that cost the Vikes 34.4 points in unequal value.

The first interesting fact is that the Vikings were in ALL THREE trades that were outliers. And in two of them they traded within their division.

The average point differential in ALL the draft day trades was ONLY 7.76 points.

If the three outlier trades were taken out, all the other trades differed in value by ONLY 3.47 points.

Out of the 27 draft day trades that a point variance can be calculated (trades involving a player and trades involving 2023 draft picks excluded) only SIX were outside a 10 point difference.

The aforementioned three trades by the Vikes…..57.1, 34.8 & 34.4…..and three others of 13.9, 13.3 and 10.8 points.

All the 21 remaining trades were pretty close in value difference.

You harp on a possible trade with the Titans, and for some reason believe that “the trade happened one pick before the pick the Bills would have had to trade into to take Hall, and the Titans would have wanted similar compensation” which has little credibility for several reasons.

It’s irrelevant that a trade happened “right before the pick the Bills would have had to make” Just like the trade that the Lions made had zero effect on the Bills trade up to get Elam.

More important is that the Bills would not necessarily have to trade with the Titans. The more logical trade would be with the BUCS, (who traded right before the Packers trade that you are fixated on) to obtain the #33 overall pick from the Jags.

I strongly suspect that the JAGS pushed that trade to MOVE UP to No. 27 overall to snag Devin Lloyd.

And the Bills obviously have a working relationship with the Bucs because they later DID make a very fair trade with the Bucs (our No 57 overall for No 60 & No 180), only a 1.3 point differential.

My earlier suggestion that the Bills could have moved up the second round to get Hall is spot on.

The trade could have been with the BUCS…..#33 overall for the Bills #57, #89 & #168 which would result in the Bills paying only a 4.5 point difference.

We will never know if the Bills consider this, or if the Bucs would have gone along with it.

We’ll never know why the Jets made a trade to move up only two spots (from #38 to #36) to select Breece Hall. Obviously, they apparently thought someone would slide into #37 and get him by trading with Houston.

Maybe they thought that Houston would select Hall.

It’s similar to the situation with the Bills trade to get Elam.

Did the Bills think that Dallas was going to select him at #24??? I doubt it. Did they believe there was a trade in the works with another team with Dallas to get him??? I would love to know.

In any event, the record below of all the draft day trades do not, in any way, show that the Bills trading up to get Breece Hall was either too expensive or not easy.

I strongly suspect that they WANTED Breece Hall, but either could not get it done, or the Jets got there before the Bills.

Typical draft day maneuvering.

Enjoy the spreadsheet below. It’s very interesting. Bolded is which team had larger differential in point value and by how much. The red are the three outliers.

Saints receive: Points
    No 11 overall 261.1
    Cammanders receive:
    No 16 overall 213.7
    No 98 overall 32.1
    No 120 overall 19.5
    TL 265.3
    Commanders 4.2
    Lions receive:
    No 12 overall 250.9
    No 46 overall 86.4
    TL 337.3
    Vikings receive:
    No 32 overall 112.6
    No 34 overall 108.4
    No 66 overall 59.2
    TL 280.2
    Lions 57.1
    Eagles receive:
    No 13 overall 241
    Texans receive:
    No 15 overall 222.5
    No 124 overall 17.9
    No 162 overall 7.6
    No 166 overall 6.9
    TL 254.9
    Texans 13.9
    Ravens receive:
    No 23 overall 161.5
    Cardinals receive:
    WR Marquise Brown NA
    No 100 overall 30.6
    NA
    Titans receive:
    No 18 overall 197.3
    No 101 overall 30
    TL 227.3
    Eagles receive:
    WR A.J. Brown NA
    NA
    Chiefs receive:
    No 21 overall 174.9
    Patriots receive:
    No 29 overall 127
    No 94 overall 34.8
    No 121 overall 19.1
    TL 180.9
    Patriots 6
    Bills receive:
    No 23 overall 161.5
    Ravens receive:
    No 25 overall 149
    No 130 overall 15.6
    TL 164.6
    Ravens 3.1
    Jets receive:
    No 26 overall 143.2
    No 101 overall 30
    TL 173.2
    Titans receive:
    No 34 overall 106.4
    No 69 overall 55.9
    No 163 overall 7.4
    TL 169.7
    Jets 3.5
    Jaguars receive:
    No 27 overall 137.6
    Bucs receive:
    No 33 overall 110.5
    No 106 overall 26.8
    No 180 overall 5.1
    Bucs 4.8
    Packers receive:
    No 34 overall 108.4
    Vikings receive:
    No 53 overall 75.7
    No 59 overall 67.5
    TL 143.2
    Vikings 34.8
    Falcons receive:
    No 38 overall 100.5
    Giants receive:
    No 43 overall 91.4
    No 114 overall 22.4
    TL 113.8
    Giants 13.3
    Vikings receive:
    No 42 overall 93.2
    Colts receive:
    No 53 overall 75.7
    No 77 overall 48
    No 192 overall 3.9
    TL 127.6
    Colts 34.4
    Texans receive:
    No 44 overall 89.7
    Browns receive:
    No 68 overall 57
    No 108 overall 25.6
    No 124 overall 17.9
    TL 100.5
    Browns 10.8
    Patriots receive:
    No 50 overall 80.1
    Chiefs receive:
    No 54 overall 74.2
    No 158 overall 8.3
    Chiefs 2.4
    Bucs receive:
    No 57 overall 70.1
    Bills receive:
    No 60 overall 66.3
    No 180 overall 5.1
    TL 71.4
    Bucs 1.3
    Bengals receive:
    No 60 overall 66.3
    Bills receive:
    No 63 overall 62.6
    No 209 overall 2.6
    TL 65.2
    Bengals 1.1
    Texans receive:
    No 75 overall 49.9
    Broncos receive:
    No 80 overall 45.4
    No 162 overall 7.6
    TL 53
    Broncos 3.1
    Titans receive:
    No 86 overall 40.5
    Raiders receive:
    No 90 overall 37.6
    No 169 overall 6.5
    TL 44.1
    Raiders 3.6
    Panthers receive:
    No 94 overall 34.8
    Patritos receive:
    No 137 overall 13.3
    2023 3rd round pick NA
    NA
    Colts receive:
    No 96 overall 33.5
    Broncos receive:
    No 179 overall 5.2
    2023 3rd round pick NA
    NA
    Vikings receive:
    No 118 overall 20.4
    Browns receive:
    No 156 overall 8.7
    2023 4th round pick NA
    NA
    Panthers receive:
    No 120 overall 19.5
    No 189 overall 4.1
    TL 23.6
    Commanders receive:
    No 144 overall 11.4
    No 149 overall 10.2
    TL 21.6
    Panthers 2
    Raiders receive:
    No 122 overall 18.7
    No 250 overall 1
    TL 19.7
    Vikings receive:
    No 126 overall 17.1
    No 227 overall 1.8
    TL 18.9
    Raiders 0.8
    Raiders receive:
    No 126 overall 17.1
    Vikings receive:
    No 165 overall 7.1
    No 169 overall 6.5
    TL 13.6
    Raiders 3.5
    Bill receive:
    No 148 overall 10.4
    Bears receive:
    No 168 overall 6.6
    No 203 overall 3
    TL 9.6
    Bills 0.8
    Chiefs receive:
    No 145 overall 11.1
    Seahawks receive:
    No 158 overall 8.3
    Noo 233 overall 1.5
    TL 9.8
    Chiefs 1.3
    Jaguars receive:
    No 154 overall 9.1
    Eagles receive:
    No 188 overall 4.2
    No 198 overall 3.4
    TL 7.6
    Jaguars 1.5
    Texans receive:
    No 150 overall 10
    Bears receive:
    No 166 overall 6.9
    No 207 overall 2.8
    Texans 0.3
    Bucs receive:
    No 157 overall 8.5
    No 235 overall 1.5
    TL 10
    Jaguars receive:
    2023 4th round pick NA
    NA
    Rams recevie:
    No 164 overall 7.3
    Raiders receive:
    No 175 overall 5.7
    No 238 overall 1.4
    TL 7.1
    Rams 0.2
    Bengals receive:
    No 166 overall 6.9
    Bears receive:
    No 174 overall 5.8
    No 226 overall 1.8
    TL 7.6
    Bengals 0.7
    Broncos receive:
    No 171 overall 6.2
    Packers receive:
    No 179 overall 5.2
    No 234 overall 1.5
    TL 6.7
    Packers 0.5
    Eagles receive:
    No 181 overall 5
    Lions receive:
    No 188 overall 4.2
    No 237 overall 1.4
    TL 5.6
    Lions 0.6

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh...almost forgot...your suggestion that “I doubt he was going to trade away more premium picks, again especially for a devalued position.”....

Is not supported by the evidence, and in fact, it’s the opposite.

Obviously Beane does NOT think that RB is a “devalued position” as he DID spend a “premium pick” on the position with Cook. And Beane has been spending relatively premium picks on RB three years in a row now.

Once Hall was off the board, he knew, like everyone else, that Cook was not worth a 2nd round pick, and Beane desperately tried to move back (which he did twice) and finally just gave it up and spent the pick.

I also suspect that Bernard has high on their list of wants because backup LB (and the depth of LB in general...the starters (opposite some sentiment here) are rock solid) leaves much to be desired.

So much so that Beane slightly overpaid for Bernard as he was expected to be a 4th round value. I also suspect that Beane did not want to screw around and lose the guy they had their eyes on.

Again, I trust Brandon Beane with his personal decisions. He knows what the hell he is doing. I would have really enjoyed seeing the Bills with a bona fide every down threat at RB to enhance an already deadly offense.

All-in-all, I, like most Bills fans are pleased and excited with the 2022 draft and anxious to see how many of the picks develop into good NFL players.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh...almost forgot...your suggestion that “I doubt he was going to trade away more premium picks, again especially for a devalued position.”....

Is not supported by the evidence, and in fact, it’s the opposite.

Obviously Beane does NOT think that RB is a “devalued position” as he DID spend a “premium pick” on the position with Cook. And Beane has been spending relatively premium picks on RB three years in a row now.

Once Hall was off the board, he knew, like everyone else, that Cook was not worth a 2nd round pick, and Beane desperately tried to move back (which he did twice) and finally just gave it up and spent the pick.

I also suspect that Bernard has high on their list of wants because backup LB (and the depth of LB in general...the starters (opposite some sentiment here) are rock solid) leaves much to be desired.

So much so that Beane slightly overpaid for Bernard as he was expected to be a 4th round value. I also suspect that Beane did not want to screw around and lose the guy they had their eyes on.

Again, I trust Brandon Beane with his personal decisions. He knows what the hell he is doing. I would have really enjoyed seeing the Bills with a bona fide every down threat at RB to enhance an already deadly offense.

All-in-all, I, like most Bills fans are pleased and excited with the 2022 draft and anxious to see how many of the picks develop into good NFL players.
    I view Cook as essentially a 3rd rounder after Beane traded-down several times to get extra picks. He figured someone would take him sooner or later after Hall and Walker went earlier in the 2nd so sure, he probably took him earlier than he theoretically should have been taken, but who is to say for sure? And if he becomes a stud, no one will care where he was picked.

But even if we were to use your chart and a 3.47 premium for a trade (which is highly improbable for the reasons I mentioned), that's still the Bills' 2nd, 3rd and 5th round picks. Sorry, not even close to worth it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Unknown-1.jpeg

I'm looking for a pretty good season from the
    "Cookie Monster"

16. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (05-24-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I view Cook as essentially a 3rd rounder after Beane traded-down several times to get extra picks. He figured someone would take him sooner or later after Hall and Walker went earlier in the 2nd so sure, he probably took him earlier than he theoretically should have been taken, but who is to say for sure? And if he becomes a stud, no one will care where he was picked.

But even if we were to use your chart and a 3.47 premium for a trade (which is highly improbable for the reasons I mentioned), that's still the Bills' 2nd, 3rd and 5th round picks. Sorry, not even close to worth it.
    I do not agree or disagree with that statement. No one knows. And we will (probably) never know how much the Bills wanted Hall, or even if they tried to move up to get him.

We will see how Hall develops as a RB and compare him to Cook.

Although I suspect that Hall would be much more effective on the Bills offense than the Jets.

At the time of the draft, my opinion is that it would have been worth it to trade up to draft Hall. But, as I have said several times, I trust Beane and am satisfied (at least today, before we really even know how any of the players the Bills drafted will perform) with how the 2022 draft transpired for our team.

My expectation is that Singletary is going to be motivated to continue his upwards trajectory he showed at the end of last season, and Cook will provide a dynamic option for the Bills offense.

Lets’ agree to agree on that.

18. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (05-25-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My expectation is that Singletary is going to be motivated to continue his upwards trajectory he showed at the end of last season, and Cook will provide a dynamic option for the Bills offense.
    Absolutely .... competition is a great thing!

20. Post thanked by:

notacon (05-25-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Singletary's going into the 4th year of his deal and will be an UFA next year. He'll be highly motivated regardless.

And you may know this but Singletary and Cook train(ed) in Florida together.

22. Post thanked by:

Night Train (05-25-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Singletary's going into the 4th year of his deal and will be an UFA next year. He'll be highly motivated regardless.

And you may know this but Singletary and Cook train(ed) in Florida together.
    The chances of Singletary being extended are between slim and none. As it is right now, he’s barely worth the $2.7M cap hit for 2022.

Which is another reason why I was hoping the Bills would have moved up to draft Breece Hall. It would have ensured four years of relatively reasonable cap hits for RB.

The best hope is for Cook to develop into a three down back and take over as the #1 RB when Singletary is allowed to walk.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The chances of Singletary being extended are between slim and none. As it is right now, he’s barely worth the $2.7M cap hit for 2022.

Which is another reason why I was hoping the Bills would have moved up to draft Breece Hall. It would have ensured four years of relatively reasonable cap hits for RB.

The best hope is for Cook to develop into a three down back and take over as the #1 RB when Singletary is allowed to walk.
    They can probably get Singletary back at a cheap price. I doubt he'll be highly coveted on the market. An alternative is draft a RB next year, who won't cost a ton of draft picks and is a better prospect.
    Last edited by Goobylal; 05-26-2022 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They can probably get Singletary back at a cheap price. I doubt he'll be highly coveted on the market. An alternative is draft a RB next year, who won't cost a ton of draft picks and is a better prospect.
    What is a “cheap price”??? Over $3M??? At the least?

The Bills have drafted RB’s three years in a row now, with relatively premium picks. They had a chance to spend some draft capital and get a RB that is projected to have all the tools that the Bills have been trying (and missing) to get in a RB.

NO TEAM in the NFL has spent as much (cumulatively) in the draft on RB the past three years as the Bills without much success (so far). Hopefully Cook will be the exception.

It is the most disappointing positional draft performance of the Beane era.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What is a “cheap price”??? Over $3M??? At the least?

The Bills have drafted RB’s three years in a row now, with relatively premium picks. They had a chance to spend some draft capital and get a RB that is projected to have all the tools that the Bills have been trying (and missing) to get in a RB.

NO TEAM in the NFL has spent as much (cumulatively) in the draft on RB the past three years as the Bills without much success (so far). Hopefully Cook will be the exception.

It is the most disappointing positional draft performance of the Beane era.
    No, less than $3M. If he wants more, look for another FA RB. Or draft one early in the draft without having to surrender a ton of picks.

27. Post thanked by:

notacon (05-27-2022)