Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPNs Football Power Index Projections for 2022....Bills #1

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,841 Times in 8,196 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: ESPNs Football Power Index Projections for 2022....Bills #1

I don't put a lot of weight into it, but I know we have a very good team with certainty.

Being ranked 24th or 27th was always a downer, man. Being ranked 10-15th was encouraging. Being ranked number 1 is like, well, people thinking you should be ranked number 1.

It's feel good stuff. I'm good with it. Had enough feel bad stuff. Tired of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,624 Times in 8,540 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Yes....your post is exactly that!!!
    All your posts are exactly that. You are the worst football poster on this board.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,819 Times in 6,342 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    All your posts are exactly that. You are the worst football poster on this board.
    So....the advice that you give as a doctor are meaningless.....And all textbooks are meaningless because, as you are suggesting, experts opinions dont matter.

Please. Pimp your toxic anger somewhere else.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    What is ignorant about dismissing a pre preseason power ranking? There is nothing tangible there. Fluffy warmth and that is it.
    The ignorance is the knee jerk rejection of any expert opinion no matter how objective and unbiased criteria is.....especially when it projects the Bills as one of the best teams in the NFL (which they undeniably are). On a supposed Bills fan forum site?!?!!?

Jesus. Why the penchant to **** on the Bills so much???? Why are these Negative Nancys here and how in the world do they see themselves as Bills fans?!?!? These are loyal Bills fans?!?!?!

I think NOT!!!!!!!!

SO...you disagree with the overwhelming majority (if not 100%) of the objective NFL experts view (and the Las Veags odds makers....money talks and bullcrap walks) that the Bills are one of the best if not THE best team in the NFL, and are THE favorite to get to and win the Super Bowl this year????

Hmmmmmmm......explain your disrespect for the Bills team. And tell us why your opinion is more valuable and credible than theirs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh....and swiper.....if I am .....the worst football poster on this board. because I think, and agree with ALL the NFL experts, that the Bills are one of the best teams in the NFL.....

You DO NOT think that the Bills are
    one of the best teams in the NFL????

Same as I said to sukie.....
    explain your disrespect for the Bills team. And tell us why your opinion is more valuable and credible than theirs.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,827 Times in 12,238 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So....the advice that you give as a doctor are “meaningless”.....And all textbooks are “meaningless” because, as you are suggesting, experts “opinions” don’t matter.

this is insanity. Doctors and textbooks deal in science. Sports writers deal in opinions. It's a false equivalency.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    this is insanity. Doctors and textbooks deal in science. Sports writers deal in opinions. It's a false equivalency.
    No, its not. Thats why people sometimes get several opinions on a health issues, prognosis and treatment.

Did you not see the almost TOTAL REJECTION of science concerning Covid.....the opinions about the safety and effectiveness of vaccines....treatments (the insane pimping of hydroxchlroqine.....and other unproven cures for Covid.) and the use of masks, all perverted because of right wing politics?!?!?

And with textbooks, have you not paid attention to the red states rejecting science and factual history in order to promote their own biased (and false) viewpoint and opinion of what history IS, and what science even means?!?!?

What do you think the whole Republican Party is ALL about today?????.....rejecting FACTS and TRUTH concerning elections and who won in 2020.

Sorry Opi....the equivalency is SPOT ON!!!

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No, it’s not. That’s why people sometimes get several opinions on a health issues, prognosis and treatment.

Did you not see the almost TOTAL REJECTION of “science” concerning Covid.....the “opinions” about the safety and effectiveness of vaccines....treatments (the insane pimping of hydroxchlroqine.....and other unproven “cures” for Covid.) and the use of masks, all perverted because of right wing politics?!?!?

And with textbooks, have you not paid attention to the red states rejecting science and factual history in order to promote their own biased (and false) viewpoint and “opinion” of what “history” IS, and what “science” even means?!?!?

What do you think the whole Republican Party is ALL about today?????.....rejecting FACTS and TRUTH concerning elections and who won in 2020.

Sorry Opi....the equivalency is SPOT ON!!!
    Oh please. If you think ignoring a doctor's advice on COVID is the same thing as blowing off a sport's writer's power ranking, I can't help you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh please. If you think ignoring a doctor's advice on COVID is the same thing as blowing off a sport's writer's power ranking, I can't help you.
    There are many, many, many more people that “ignore a doctor’s advice on Covid” than blowing off a sports writer's expert power ranking.

If you don’t realize the reality of that, I can't help you.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There are many, many, many more people that “ignore a doctor’s advice on Covid” than blowing off a sports writer's expert power ranking.

And what's your point? People are being stupid about COVID. Power rankings are nothing but opinions. The two things have nothing to do with each other.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,349 Times in 4,247 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oh....and swiper.....if I am “.....the worst football poster on this board.” because I think, and agree with ALL the NFL experts, that the Bills are one of the best teams in the NFL.....

explain your disrespect for the Bills team. And tell us why your opinion is more valuable and credible than theirs.
    Say it right
    BUFFALO BILLS SCHEDULE

09/08 @ Rams 8:20 pm
    09/19 TITANS 7:15 pm
    09/25 @ Dolphins 1:00 pm
    10/02 @ Ravens 1:00 pm
    10/09 STEELERS 8:20 pm
    10/16 @ Chiefs 4:25 pm
    10/30 PACKERS 8:20 pm
    11/06 @ Jets 1:00 pm
    11/13 VIKINGS 1:00 pm
    11/20 BROWNS 1:00 pm
    11/24 @ Lions 12:30 pm
    12/01 @ Patriots 8:15 pm
    12/11 JETS 1:00 pm
    12/18 DOLPHINS TBD
    12/24 @ Bears 1:00 pm
    01/02 @ Bengals 8:30 pm
    01/08 PATRIOTS TBD

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Was he seeking help

Thanks
    Thanked 7,568 Times in 4,775 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oh....and swiper.....if I am “.....the worst football poster on this board.” because I think, and agree with ALL the NFL experts, that the Bills are one of the best teams in the NFL.....

One of the best and #1 are vastly different descriptive. This thread is about a puffy feel good your team is THE best pre preseason power ranking. Ranking meaning in order not a group of teams listed as one of the best.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon
    So....the advice that you give as a doctor are meaningless.....And all textbooks are meaningless because, as you are suggesting, experts opinions dont matter.

You fail again and again and again. You are a joke.
    Last edited by swiper; 05-20-2022 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Words can't describe the brutal stupidity of these posts.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And what's your point? People are being stupid about COVID. Power rankings are nothing but opinions. The two things have nothing to do with each other.
    The point is the mindset of knee jerk rejection of expert information and opinion.

My example of doctors advice is spot on. Swiper is a medical doctor. The training and experience should mean that his opinion on medical and health issues are more valuable and credible than some guy who gets their information from the internet or what like minded people are saying.

His knee jerk (and almost violent, certainly toxic and angry) rejection of professional NFL experts is EXACTLY like if one has a knee jerk rejection of his medical and health care opinion.

We see this phenomena in all kinds of places in todays society. I can list them all but it would be deemed too political.

Sorry to tell the closed minded, biased cynics, power rankings and the opinions of professional sports writers, ex-NFL players, coaches and GMs, are more valuable and credible than the sometimes lunatic rantings of some of the posters here.

EXACTLY like the lunatic rantings rejecting the health threat from Covid, and the effectiveness and need for vaccines are much less valid, valuable and accurate than what trained, experienced medical and health experts provide.

It really is a simple concept.

The BIG question is WHY do so-called Bills fans reject favorable power rankings and opinions from professional NFL experts of the teams prospects out of hand?!?!?!?

Are they WRONG???? And if so, WHY????

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    One of the best and #1 are vastly different descriptive. This thread is about a puffy feel good your team is THE best pre preseason power ranking. Ranking meaning in order not a group of teams listed as one of the best.
    No, they aren’t.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,568 Times in 4,775 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Are too. Ask anyone… ask Joe B.

saying those two statements are the same is goal post moving at its finest.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,841 Times in 8,196 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The point is the mindset of knee jerk rejection of expert information and opinion.

The BIG question is WHY do so-called Bills “fans” reject favorable power rankings and opinions from professional NFL experts of the team’s prospects out of hand?!?!?!?
    I don't know. The point should be the mind set of knee jerk "reaction". Your knees can't help themselves.

Why also, does a so called "Bills Fan" need be incapable of critical thought ? That's not a fan, it's a mindless drone that let's other shape his opinions because it's easier than thinking. It's not hard to be a fan, and see issues anyway, to enjoy the puff pieces, but harbor concerns. The world is not black and white, it has shades of gray you necessarily have to navigate. I see other people navigate them, your knees just bounce into needing to insult people.

Get a grip. It's a message board where people will have opinions you don't agree with. They're entitled to them.
    Last edited by Mace; 05-21-2022 at 06:56 PM.

20. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (05-23-2022),swiper (05-23-2022),Woodman (05-22-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I don't know. The point should be the mind set of knee jerk "reaction". Your knees can't help themselves.
    A wise man once said ^^^^^^^^^