Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Mac Jones supposedly took a big step forward

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,417 Times in 1,758 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Mac Jones supposedly took a big step forward

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    Because I won't bet you makes me smart with my money. Has nothing to do with my confidence. Nice try. But it's another swing and miss on your part. You are doing that a lot in this thread.
    The smart play would be not to bet if you're probably going to lose. So yeah, you are being smart with your money. Good job, so much fun, super serious bills forum guy.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,933 Times in 6,436 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    if we're not 5-2 by week 8 we're not a superbowl caliber team.
    Im not sure if I agree with that assessment...but I DO think the Bills will start the season 5-2, if not better.

I have already made my way too early prediction of the Bills going 14-3 (13-4 at the worst depending on when they wrap up the #1 seed)

IF they do start the year at 4-3, for example, I could see them winning out the rest of the year. After the Green Bay, the only challenging match up is week 17 @Cincy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    The smart play would be not to bet if you're probably going to lose. So yeah, you are being smart with your money. Good job, so much fun, super serious bills forum guy.
    Well....I dont bet money of any sports. Have not done so since the early 70s in high school, when the local teenaged bookie sold the football cards in school. Bet $1 and pick four games against the spread. I did not bet every week....did not have much money. And got sick and tired of losing money.

Anyway....there are other ways to bet.

Id be willing to bet swiper (or especially Opi) that the Bills start the season better than 2-5. And the loser vows to not post for one month after the Green Bay game...or until the end of November.

This is a list: They're my demands Parzival's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    They won 10 games with a rookie QB last year. They were only one game behind us for the division and they made the playoffs.

No one is saying we don't have Josh Allen or that we're going to be in last place.

The problem is that some people are trying to write off Mac Jones and, based on his performance last year, it's simply too early to do that. There's still a decent chance that he becomes a decent QB. Will he be the next Brady or as good as Allen? I highly doubt it. But he's probably going to be a bust either.
    Kid has already hit his ceiling. Hes probably had professional level coaching since he was 10 years old. Hes serviceable, theyll be drafting his replacement in a couple years.
    Over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,044 Times in 12,373 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    Kid has already hit his ceiling. He’s probably had professional level coaching since he was 10 years old. He’s serviceable, they’ll be drafting his replacement in a couple years.
    Wishful thinking

Thanks
    Thanked 4,601 Times in 3,195 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Wishful thinking
    He's right.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    Kid has already hit his ceiling. He’s probably had professional level coaching since he was 10 years old. He’s serviceable, they’ll be drafting his replacement in a couple years.
    I think this is silly.