Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Allen: I think well be just fine with Ken Dorsey as OC

Thanks
    Thanked 5,351 Times in 4,249 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Josh Allen: I think well be just fine with Ken Dorsey as OC

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-dorsey-as-oc/

Bills Josh Allen has been working with Ken Dorsey since the quarterback’s second year in the league, when Buffalo hired Dorsey to be the club’s QBs coach.

But with former offensive coordinator Brian Daboll moving on to become the Giants head coach, Dorsey has moved up in the ranks to become the Bills’ new OC.

During his Tuesday press conference, Allen said it’s been different not having Dorsey lead his positional meeting room and it will take some time to adjust to Dorsey being the play-caller. But some of the little things can be worked out during OTAs.

“Even today, I was like, hey I want you talking to me in the headset and just let me hear your voice because that’s going to be a little bit of an adjustment and [learning] curve,” Allen said. “When you talk into a microphone, it sounds a little different. Some words become different words and you have to decipher what that means. So even [in] that, we can find a way to get better.
    BUFFALO BILLS SCHEDULE

09/08 @ Rams 8:20 pm
    09/19 TITANS 7:15 pm
    09/25 @ Dolphins 1:00 pm
    10/02 @ Ravens 1:00 pm
    10/09 STEELERS 8:20 pm
    10/16 @ Chiefs 4:25 pm
    10/30 PACKERS 8:20 pm
    11/06 @ Jets 1:00 pm
    11/13 VIKINGS 1:00 pm
    11/20 BROWNS 1:00 pm
    11/24 @ Lions 12:30 pm
    12/01 @ Patriots 8:15 pm
    12/11 JETS 1:00 pm
    12/18 DOLPHINS TBD
    12/24 @ Bears 1:00 pm
    01/02 @ Bengals 8:30 pm
    01/08 PATRIOTS TBD

2. Post thanked by:

swiper (05-25-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Josh Allen: I think well be just fine with Ken Dorsey as OC

I just hope that Dorsey doesn’t try reverses or tosses on 3rd and one. Last year it got to the point where I felt our chances were better if we false started on 3rd and ones because i trusted Allen more on 3rd and 5. Daboll would outsmart himself on short yardage gains, Allen would bail him out a lot

- - - Updated - - -

I just hope that Dorsey doesnt try reverses or tosses on 3rd and one. Last year it got to the point where I felt our chances were better if we false started on 3rd and ones because i trusted Allen more on 3rd and 5. Daboll would outsmart himself on short yardage gains, Allen would bail him out a lot
    Troll, Troll, Troll your posts

Angrily down the thread

Cluelessly, cluelessly, cluelessly, cluelessly

Your credibility is but a Dream

-Notabrain

4. Post thanked by:

sukie (05-24-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    I just hope that Dorsey doesn’t try reverses or tosses on 3rd and one. Last year it got to the point where I felt our chances were better if we false started on 3rd and ones because i trusted Allen more on 3rd and 5. Daboll would outsmart himself on short yardage gains, Allen would bail him out a lot
    So consistently!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 5,608 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree with Josh.

Thanks
    Thanked 27,664 Times in 15,628 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't want 'just fine'. I want 'dominant'.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 4,522 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    That's what he meant.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

9. Post thanked by:

swiper (05-25-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 22,592 Times in 12,941 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    That's what he meant.
    Can you point to the place where he used the word dominant in the quote?

This is called expectation setting and Josh is right to be lowering the bar.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,637 Times in 8,553 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Can you point to the place where he used the word dominant in the quote?

This is called expectation setting and Josh is right to be lowering the bar.
    Allen was clearly parsing his words, professor. It is what he meant. And I, too, agree with Josh. Dorsey saw up close what worked and what didn't work under Daboll. Dare I say he must have been frequently frustrated watching Daboll. Daboll was no QB whisperer. The NY Giants were sold a bill of goods, but that is their problem. Moving Doughnut-boy outta town allows Dorsey to slide in and improve what Allen already had made a productive offense. I think they will excel. I can't see how it would be any other way. The key, for the Bills, was keeping Dorsey in their fold. They did that. Beane has provided the weapons and the blockers. Josh is one more year into what is now his prime years. This season ought to be fun to watch.

12. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (05-25-2022),Novacane (05-25-2022),sukie (05-25-2022),Woodman (05-25-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,577 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    Allen was clearly parsing his words, professor. It is what he meant. And I, too, agree with Josh. Dorsey saw up close what worked and what didn't work under Daboll. Dare I say he must have been frequently frustrated watching Daboll. Daboll was no QB whisperer. The NY Giants were sold a bill of goods, but that is their problem. Moving Doughnut-boy outta town allows Dorsey to slide in and improve what Allen already had made a productive offense. I think they will excel. I can't see how it would be any other way. The key, for the Bills, was keeping Dorsey in their fold. They did that. Beane has provided the weapons and the blockers. Josh is one more year into what is now his prime years. This season ought to be fun to watch.

I wonder if Dorsey will be a sideline guy or booth.

14. Post thanked by:

Jimkelly12203 (05-25-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    I wonder if Dorsey will be a sideline guy or booth.
    I don't even care. He strikes me as a bright guy (though he was not a good QB himself). He understands the position, the offense. I know the NFL pundits, you know... the ones notacon kowtows to, had some fun trying to figure out whether the Bills offensive success was more Daboll or Allen. I think it's pretty clear to most who post here. It was Allen.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,169 Times in 6,988 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dorsey played QB. I do believe that helps a ton.
    We don't even have pictures
    Just memories to hold
    That grow sweeter each season
    As we slowly grow old...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 1,465 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Josh has (and will) change the play at the line of scrimmage every single time if need be. Dorsey doesn't have to be a genius and Dabol wasn't one. All Dorsey has to do is call an intelligent concept for a particular down and Josh will do the rest. Outside of the Shanahan (his dad, btw) first 20 play script, prime cheat erra Patriots and Andy Reid, i'm not so sure i've seen a team win because of "amazing playcalling". It's the stuff that happens from Monday through Saturday that makes a truly great play caller. If you want to be considered an elite NFL OC, you need to have a QB that can understand your vision and then go out and execute it. Josh can do that. This isn't Miami where they literally didn't allow Tua (for whatever reason) to change plays. Josh can do whatever the hell he wants. And Dorsey has been here the whole time. So yes. We are going to be just fine.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,522 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This. Josh still has a relationship with Daboll and isn't going to come out and say "we won't miss him/a beat." But that's what he meant if you read between the lines. Because Dorsey gives them continuity and the fresh perspective of a former QB. Whereas, as I said elsewhere, Daboll wasn't anything special in his previous NFL stints. I have no doubt Dorsey can at least be up to the same task as Daboll was with a guy like Josh.
    Last edited by Goobylal; 05-25-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,063 Times in 3,105 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Josh will be the one running the offense.

20. Post thanked by:

swiper (05-25-2022),TacklingDummy (05-25-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Josh will be the one running the offense.
    He already had been, when Daboll's plays didn't turn out right.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,063 Times in 3,105 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He already had been, when Daboll's plays didn't turn out right.
    Right, but people are putting way too much stock into who the OC is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 9,828 Times in 6,349 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Brian Daboll was one of the most important reasons why Josh Allen is the bona fide superstar he is considered today.

The continuity from Daboll to Dorsey will benefit the Bills and Allen to a high degree.

But, as every year goes by, ALLEN will be the guy that makes the coaches look brilliant.

After four years, he is coming into his own at the highest level.

There is no doubt that he started last season with a slight regression (as happens when DC devise game plans against you). He made some bad decisions. He lost several games with an underperforming offense....the Pittsburgh game....against Tennessee his penchant for hero ball went a big way to NOT putting the Titans away when he had a chance with 9:45 left to play in the game with a 31-27 lead.....and instead of putting the game away, taking what the defense was giving him....he attempted several terrible long hero ball passes while ignoring the easy outlet pass to keep the ball moving, getting first downs and eating clock.

The Jax loss was a debacle of underperforming offense. And the first half of the Tampa loss had Josh and the Bills offense looking relatively pathetic.

Then, the second half of that game, Josh looking like he turned some kind of mental corner and decided to put the team on his back and will them forward. But not with the usual failed hero ball.....it was more an experienced, wily vet, who knew exactly what he was doing and taking advantage of the defenses weaknesses.

After that, he seemed to kick his whole game into a different gear....a true NFL superstar QB. Culminating in the best NFL playoff game in history....and the only thing that held Josh back was the flip of a coin.

This year, I believe the importance of the OC is diminished as Josh Allen, superstar takes over. An extremely gifted and talented athlete, who has mastered the NFL QB persona at the highest level of competence, grit, determination, skill, experience and attitude.

He will make Dorsey look brilliant.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,209 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Meh. Everyone has a role to execute and Dorsey is just another guy on the team. No one guy (outside of Allen) is going to bring the O from being "fine" to being "dominant". Allen's comment is accurate and he could have said it just about anybody.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,592 Times in 12,941 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cool, then it shouldn’t be hard to point out where he said that.