Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh Allen: I think well be just fine with Ken Dorsey as OC

Thanks
    Thanked 3,200 Times in 1,853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Josh Allen: I think well be just fine with Ken Dorsey as OC

I'm excited for Dorsey. It sounds like a lot of teams were interested in pursuing him as an OC, not just the Giants. I could see him becoming a hot HC candidate sooner than later. It feels like an ideal situation where he's already got a great relationship with Josh and can just build off the past couple seasons while developing his own ideas and wrinkles.

2. Post thanked by:

Jimkelly12203 (05-26-2022),Night Train (05-26-2022),notacon (05-26-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'm excited for Dorsey. It sounds like a lot of teams were interested in pursuing him as an OC, not just the Giants. I could see him becoming a hot HC candidate sooner than later. It feels like an ideal situation where he's already got a great relationship with Josh and can just build off the past couple seasons while developing his own ideas and wrinkles.
    same here. I remember being seriously concerned that Dabol would woo him over to the giants. At the end of the day, i think the most important component of success in life and in business is relationships and character. It doesn't matter what industry you're in. You could be working with a GD genius in your field, but if you don't trust or like that person it isn't going to work. In the last 10 years, i'm sure Dorsey forgot more about NFL football than I could ever possibly know. No one gets to his spot on such a well run team as ours without having the requisite knowledge. When your organization is this well run, it comes down to personal relationships.

We're going to be just fine. It's all about #17. The savior of the Buffalo Bills! As long as we have people around him that he trusts, good things will happen. QB is that one unique role in all of sports where the right guy (in the right environment) can literally be the difference. I hope Allen plays until he's 45 like Brady. Although, I think Josh may have to tap into the kale and avocado smoothies (and whatever fountain of youth other "substances" Brady has been tapped into) yesterday for that to happen.

Regardless, we have another 10-15 years of this awesomeness to enjoy. What a time to be a Bills fan!

Our curse these last 20 years wasn't that we were "bad". It's that we were so mediocre as to be even worse than bad.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. We deserve this!
    Last edited by Jimkelly12203; 05-26-2022 at 03:16 AM.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

4. Post thanked by:

Ed (05-26-2022),notacon (05-26-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,519 Times in 3,137 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I was never worried Dorsey would leave, as long as the Bills wanted him to stay. They were grooming him for the job and the Pegulas will pay money to their coaches. And with Josh, he has the QB. If he went to the Giants, he'd be taking a gamble with his career on Jones becoming a good QB. Whereas he stays in Buffalo, just keeps the offense as it is and he's a HC in 2-3 years time.
    "You're more likely to make a lot of money if you work hard than if you don't."-Spartacus

Thanks
    Thanked 12,624 Times in 8,540 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Right, but people are putting way too much stock into who the OC is.
    You don't think he's important? He's what makes the wheels go round and round. Unless you have a QB like a Brady or Rodgers that is really capable of doing out on the field. Love Josh, but he's not that yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,624 Times in 8,540 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    I was never worried Dorsey would leave, as long as the Bills wanted him to stay. They were grooming him for the job and the Pegulas will pay money to their coaches. And with Josh, he has the QB. If he went to the Giants, he'd be taking a gamble with his career on Jones becoming a good QB. Whereas he stays in Buffalo, just keeps the offense as it is and he's a HC in 2-3 years time.
    Right. He was the Bills to lose. Beane worked it out.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,519 Times in 3,137 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    Right. He was the Bills to lose. Beane worked it out.
    I don't think Beane had much to do with it. All Dorsey would be getting in NYC is a bigger market, which is appealing to some and a reason why it wasn't a slam-dunk until the contract was signed. But the team and QB are far worse and if the team does poorly, he's back to being a QB coach in a few years time.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,819 Times in 6,342 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    You don't think he's important? He's what makes the wheels go round and round. Unless you have a QB like a Brady or Rodgers that is really capable of doing out on the field. Love Josh, but he's not that yet.
    That may have been true at the start of the 2021 season. But not the end....especially after the 1st half of the Tampa Bay game.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 4,248 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    he would have been a fool to leave ....
    BUFFALO BILLS SCHEDULE

09/08 @ Rams 8:20 pm
    09/19 TITANS 7:15 pm
    09/25 @ Dolphins 1:00 pm
    10/02 @ Ravens 1:00 pm
    10/09 STEELERS 8:20 pm
    10/16 @ Chiefs 4:25 pm
    10/30 PACKERS 8:20 pm
    11/06 @ Jets 1:00 pm
    11/13 VIKINGS 1:00 pm
    11/20 BROWNS 1:00 pm