Thread: Raiders are working out Colin Kaepernick

Thanks
    Thanked 5,345 Times in 4,243 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Raiders are working out Colin Kaepernick

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-kaepernick/

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media said the workout is actually happening today.

It’s a stunning development. But it’s not a shock, given the comments made several weeks ago by team owner Mark Davis.

I believe in Colin Kaepernick,” Davis said last month. “He deserves every chance in the world to become a quarterback in the National Football League. I still stand by it. If our coaches and General Manager want to bring him in or want him to be the quarterback on this team, I would welcome him with open arms.”

The Raiders currently have four quarterbacks on the roster: Derek Carr, Chase Garbers, Nick Mullens, and Jarrett Stidham.

Kaepernick told the I Am Athlete podcast last month that he’s willing to start at the ground level, with a caveat.

I know I have to find my way back in,” Kaepernick said. “So, yeah, if I have to come in as a backup, that fine. But that’s not where I’m staying. And when I prove that I’m a starter, I want to be able to step on the field as such.”
    BUFFALO BILLS SCHEDULE

09/08 @ Rams 8:20 pm
    09/19 TITANS 7:15 pm
    09/25 @ Dolphins 1:00 pm
    10/02 @ Ravens 1:00 pm
    10/09 STEELERS 8:20 pm
    10/16 @ Chiefs 4:25 pm
    10/30 PACKERS 8:20 pm
    11/06 @ Jets 1:00 pm
    11/13 VIKINGS 1:00 pm
    11/20 BROWNS 1:00 pm
    11/24 @ Lions 12:30 pm
    12/01 @ Patriots 8:15 pm
    12/11 JETS 1:00 pm
    12/18 DOLPHINS TBD
    12/24 @ Bears 1:00 pm
    01/02 @ Bengals 8:30 pm
    01/08 PATRIOTS TBD

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,340 Times in 2,600 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Raiders are working out Colin Kaepernick

To late.
    'The Conservative government never actually justified or explained why they felt Canada needed a fifth-generation fighter,' Trudeau said in 2015. 'They just talked ... like it was obvious'
    . PM Trudeau..

Thanks
    Thanked 5,345 Times in 4,243 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How about the C.F.L.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,823 Times in 12,238 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Like I said in another thread:

Forget about politics and activism. Kap is 34 and hasn't played in 6 years. And his last couple of seasons weren't exactly stellar. The chances of him having NFL success are basically non-existent. It doesn't matter if you think he's disrespecting the country and the troops. It doesn't matter if you think he's standing up against racism and oppression. It doesn't matter if you don't care either way. In terms of football, it's just too late.

The Raiders are having a lot of problems right now and this is a publicity stunt to distract people.

5. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (05-29-2022),Mace (05-27-2022),Novacane (05-27-2022),YardRat (05-27-2022)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,836 Times in 8,193 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Like I said in another thread:

Forget about politics and activism. Kap is 34 and hasn't played in 6 years. And his last couple of seasons weren't exactly stellar. The chances of him having NFL success are basically non-existent. It doesn't matter if you think he's disrespecting the country and the troops. It doesn't matter if you think he's standing up against racism and oppression. It doesn't matter if you don't care either way. In terms of football, it's just too late.

The Raiders are having a lot of problems right now and this is a publicity stunt to distract people.
    As I've said many times before, I loved Kap coming out of college and hoped for the Bills to draft him for Gailey's pistol offense, I think it would have been glory. Watched his career. He seemed to have lost interest in the sport at the tail end of his playing career, lost weight, and focus. Didn't look like the same player he'd been under Harbaugh.

He had another chance with the NFL workouts, and prima donna'ed it into driving away scouts.

He wants to play again, sure, I understand, but time is not forgiving. He blew his career. The kneeling was a sideshow. As a successful NFL QB he already had a powerful platform and didn't need to do that, he could have approached it differently. Instead he embraced a martyr role for drama. As an activist, he was not at the forefront of any BLM activity, he suddenly became not a voice at all, unless it was about Colin Kaepernick being martyred, "they won't let me play.....I'm a martyr.....I want to play but they won't let me !"

Dwindling window. His fault though.

But I'm not bothered if he gets the chance, though I find it an odd fit for the Raiders.

7. Post thanked by:

Mr. Pink (05-28-2022),Novacane (05-27-2022),OpIv37 (05-27-2022)