Thread: Tremaine Edmunds: I think about contract a little bit, but focus is on the work

Thanks
    Thanked 5,403 Times in 4,298 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tremaine Edmunds: I think about contract a little bit, but focus is on the work

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tting-in-work/

The Bills picked up their option on linebacker Tremaine Edmunds‘ contract for this season, but there has not been any sign that a longer deal is in the works before the team hits the field in September.

Edmunds has been a starter in Buffalo since arriving as the 16th overall pick in the 2018 draft and he’s gone to a pair of Pro Bowls, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if there’s interest in keeping him in town for a while. Edmunds admitted to giving some thought to his contract situation before the team’s offseason program wrapped up, but said that his main focus is on performing well rather than whether he’ll land an extension.
    Click This!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/IQy08hbocbc?feature=share

BUFFALO BILLS SCHEDULE

09/08 @ Rams 8:20 pm
    09/19 TITANS 7:15 pm
    09/25 @ Dolphins 1:00 pm
    10/02 @ Ravens 1:00 pm
    10/09 STEELERS 8:20 pm
    10/16 @ Chiefs 4:25 pm
    10/30 PACKERS 8:20 pm
    11/06 @ Jets 1:00 pm
    11/13 VIKINGS 1:00 pm
    11/20 BROWNS 1:00 pm
    11/24 @ Lions 12:30 pm
    12/01 @ Patriots 8:15 pm
    12/11 JETS 1:00 pm
    12/18 DOLPHINS TBD
    12/24 @ Bears 1:00 pm
    01/02 @ Bengals 8:30 pm
    01/08 PATRIOTS TBD

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 3,407 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tremaine Edmunds: I think about contract a little bit, but focus is on the work

I hope he plays his ass off this year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tremaine Edmunds: I think about contract a little bit, but focus is on the work

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    I hope he plays his ass off this year.
    Make your case Tremaine.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,264 Times in 7,056 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's making over 12 Mil this year.

Shut up and show up.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

5. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (06-28-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    He's making over 12 Mil this year.

Shut up and show up.
    How great would it be if he suddenly just started kicking everybody's ass!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,816 Times in 6,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think everyone hopes that he actually shows up and resembles a real NFL MLB.

I think very few think that will actually happen.

8. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (06-28-2022),Mace (06-27-2022),YardRat (06-27-2022)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,912 Times in 8,252 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

I genuinely think it's possible, though at this point in life I'm a natural pessimist. I think his usage in this defense causes indecision where he can't throw himself into a play.

Imho, he had a great rookie season, with Kyle Williams on the line in front of him, Milano on the other side, and Lorenzo Alexander out there as a hybrid lb/de, Edmunds could play mlb and he showed serious promise.

With Von Miller now, and imo, a better DL in front of him, another serious CB, Edmunds has the chance to reach his potential. If he does, some people will say he turned it up playing for a contract, but I'd just say he had better peers he wasn't stuck covering for and was able to get past the indecision of being a one man emergency reaction force.

I have my gripes with him, which I've stated and argued, but I think they "might" have logical explanation. I'm good with letting it play out. It will play out anyway, and so.

Thanks
    Thanked 27,771 Times in 15,697 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The comments are worth a read. Lol...
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 27,771 Times in 15,697 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is incredible, if true...

Terrell Bernard is an instinctual playmaking machine who has never allowed a touchdown in 983 pass coverage snaps.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,620 Times in 4,813 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I genuinely think it's possible, though at this point in life I'm a natural pessimist. I think his usage in this defense causes indecision where he can't throw himself into a play.

Imho, he had a great rookie season, with Kyle Williams on the line in front of him, Milano on the other side, and Lorenzo Alexander out there as a hybrid lb/de, Edmunds could play mlb and he showed serious promise.

With Von Miller now, and imo, a better DL in front of him, another serious CB, Edmunds has the chance to reach his potential. If he does, some people will say he turned it up playing for a contract, but I'd just say he had better peers he wasn't stuck covering for and was able to get past the indecision of being a one man emergency reaction force.

I have my gripes with him, which I've stated and argued, but I think they "might" have logical explanation. I'm good with letting it play out. It will play out anyway, and so.
    I said it before… once a 20 year old got the keys… he wasn’t held accountable for how crappy he kept the car.

who on the roster would keep edmunds accountable? No one. But now Miller is here, he has a voice, love to teach, loves to win. If Edmunds is over pursuing or not shedding blocks… He will be taken to task. Or he will be gone.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When I first read this I was trying to figure out how to say what you did. This is exactly how I feel.
    Once you can no longer expect justice from the system, then it has failed and you don't have a government you just have a mafia!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,998 Times in 12,349 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Even if he does, I'd be hesitant to sign him. Contract year players are a real thing.

But, even if he's making $12 million, how can it NOT be on his mind? Guys are getting huge paydays left and right. The Bills are a good team right now and are getting a lot of press, and he is by far the most hotly debated player on the team. He has to be thinking about if he's going to get a payday and if it's going to be with the Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Even if he does, I'd be hesitant to sign him. Contract year players are a real thing.

But, even if he's making $12 million, how can it NOT be on his mind? Guys are getting huge paydays left and right. The Bills are a good team right now and are getting a lot of press, and he is by far the most hotly debated player on the team. He has to be thinking about if he's going to get a payday and if it's going to be with the Bills.
    I agree, about contract year players. I just don’t think he can step up for even this. You can’t fix hesitation, miss reads, and inability to shed blockers at this point in his career!

16. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (06-28-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,620 Times in 4,813 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Notty’s 49 jersey will be on sale for nickels on the dollar after this season.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,913 Times in 6,419 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He already has. Thats why he was named the the Pro Bowl, TWICE.

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Nottys 49 jersey will be on sale for nickels on the dollar after this season.
    Sorry, I would never own any players jersey. I always thought that was a bit juvenile.

Acid Douching Asswipe
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,998 Times in 12,349 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post

Sorry, I would never own any player’s jersey. I always thought that was a bit juvenile.
    I stopped owning current player jerseys because I went through a streak where every player whose jersey I bought either sucked or was off the team within 2 years. Bledsoe, McGahee, Spikes (2x because I got one autographed), Evans. After that, I decided to just go with the classic players. I have a Kelly replica and an authentic Bruce Smith that is my usual gameday attire.

20. Post thanked by:

notacon (06-28-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,913 Times in 6,419 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I stopped owning current player jerseys because I went through a streak where every player whose jersey I bought either sucked or was off the team within 2 years. Bledsoe, McGahee, Spikes (2x because I got one autographed), Evans. After that, I decided to just go with the classic players. I have a Kelly replica and an authentic Bruce Smith that is my usual gameday attire.
    To each, their own.

I would not wear a NFL jersey if you gave it to me. If you gave me one signed by the player, I would frame it and hang it up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    He already has. Thats why he was named the the Pro Bowl, TWICE.

Sorry, I would never own any players jersey. I always thought that was a bit juvenile.

i think you think that the edmunds hate is strictly this message board. But its the whole fan base for the most part. Like 90% of the comments on every page that talks about edmunds is full of comments about how much he sucks. You are one of a select, select few that thinks hes anything more than average. He had some of the worst stats of any linebacker Ive ever seen the last 2 seasons which is not arguable and he was part of a defense that gave up 1200 yards and 8 TDs the last 6 games that he played in. Hes part of the problem, the biggest part of the problem

i think you think that the edmunds hate is strictly this message board. But its the whole fan base for the most part. Like 90% of the comments on every page that talks about edmunds is full of comments about how much he sucks. You are one of a select, select few that thinks hes anything more than average. He had some of the worst stats of any linebacker Ive ever seen the last 2 seasons which is not arguable and he was part of a defense that gave up 1200 yards and 8 TDs the last 6 games that he played in. Hes part of the problem, the biggest part of the problem
    Last edited by Cali512; 06-28-2022 at 04:17 PM.
    Troll, Troll, Troll your posts

Angrily down the thread

Cluelessly, cluelessly, cluelessly, cluelessly

Your credibility is but a Dream

-Notabrain