X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Jordan Phillips is one of the most important pieces to our passrush

Dude nearly had 4 sacks. Him coming through the middle with Rousseau and Miller on the outside should not be understated. He has the skill to be a top 5 DT in this defense. This passrush looked exactly like it did in 2019. He is an insanely good pass rusher. Something about this defense fits him so incredibly well
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jordan Phillips is one of the most important pieces to our passrush

I don't know what it is about Buffalo. He's was just average in AZ. This defense looked great.

Comment

• Gibby 2.0
      The things I get you to say
      • Oct 2019

One of Beane's worst moves was letting him and those 10 sacks he had in 19 go. So glad he is back.
      Insert whimsical line here

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        I don't know what it is about Buffalo. He's was just average in AZ. This defense looked great.

He was standing up, playing on the end, and in the middle. He is so ****ing valuable to have and i think he controlled his temperament finally because thats his only weakness in this defense
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

The defense TEAM looked great. And the D-line’s constant changing of players and DEPTH is “one of the most important pieces to our pass rush”.

Here are the snap counts for the eight D-lineman....

Von Miller - 52.24%
          Rosseau - 67.16%
          Epenesa - 53.73%
          Phillips - 52.24%
          Basham - 38.81%
          Jones - 68.66%
          Settle - 41.79%
          Oliver - 25.37%

This is a recipe for dominance. The “backups” (Phillips, Basham, Epenesa & Settle) would be starters on the majority of NFL teams.

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by notacon View Post
            The defense TEAM looked great. And the D-line’s constant changing of players and DEPTH is “one of the most important pieces to our pass rush”.

Here are the snap counts for the eight D-lineman....

Von Miller - 52.24%
            Rosseau - 67.16%
            Epenesa - 53.73%
            Phillips - 52.24%
            Basham - 38.81%
            Jones - 68.66%
            Settle - 41.79%
            Oliver - 25.37%

This is a recipe for dominance. The “backups” (Phillips, Basham, Epenesa & Settle) would be starters on the majority of NFL teams.

I feel like your trying to disagree with me in a weird way

Im saying Phillips is one of the best in the game and when he plays our defense is maximized. Your trying to be sneaky in your disagreement that hes one of the biggest pieces to our defense. Is that because it makes your boy from the 9th most important piece to the 10th??

Something feels off about your response. I feel like i know what it is

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

It's just a great rotation system .... stay fresh kick ass.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                I feel like your trying to disagree with me in a weird way

Im saying Phillips is one of the best in the game and when he plays our defense is maximized. Your trying to be sneaky in your disagreement that hes one of the biggest pieces to our defense. Is that because it makes your boy from the 9th most important piece to the 10th??

Something feels off about your response. I feel like i know what it is
                I’m not being “sneaky” or “trying” to disagree with your opinion and in no way is it in “a weird” way.

I am clearly disagreeing with it. You are actually ignoring your own observation when you say "Something about this defense fits him so incredibly well” which is the whole point.

It’s a TEAM defense and a collection of eight different players that compliment each other in a way that is designed and play calls are (in concert with what the other position groups in the defense, LB, CB’s & S) game planned to accomplish.

And with the injury to Ed Oliver, Boogie Basham filled in at DT playing nine snaps on the inside so to maintain a rotation to keep Daquan Jones, Philips and Settle fresh. Basham filling in for a position that is not usual for him, contributes to the overall success of the D-line.

The depth of the D-line is what is “most important” and the way DC Frazier implements their strengths in relation to the strengths and weaknesses of the Rams O-line (in this game) is what makes it jell.

In other words, to the extent that Phillips is effective is attributed as much to what the other members of the defense is doing, as much as the defensive scheme and as much as his own individual skill....and the skill level among all eight D-lineman even surprised (how well they played as a group) some of the players....like McKenzie who mentioned that fact in his
                podcast. (Specifically he talks about the D-line at that 18:30 mark)

Comment

• Cali512
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                  I’m not being “sneaky” or “trying” to disagree with your opinion and in no way is it in “a weird” way.

I am clearly disagreeing with it. You are actually ignoring your own observation when you say "Something about this defense fits him so incredibly well” which is the whole point.

It’s a TEAM defense and a collection of eight different players that compliment each other in a way that is designed and play calls are (in concert with what the other position groups in the defense, LB, CB’s & S) game planned to accomplish.

And with the injury to Ed Oliver, Boogie Basham filled in at DT playing nine snaps on the inside so to maintain a rotation to keep Daquan Jones, Philips and Settle fresh. Basham filling in for a position that is not usual for him, contributes to the overall success of the D-line.

The depth of the D-line is what is “most important” and the way DC Frazier implements their strengths in relation to the strengths and weaknesses of the Rams O-line (in this game) is what makes it jell.

In other words, to the extent that Phillips is effective is attributed as much to what the other members of the defense is doing, as much as the defensive scheme and as much as his own individual skill....and the skill level among all eight D-lineman even surprised (how well they played as a group) some of the players....like McKenzie who mentioned that fact in his
                  podcast. (Specifically he talks about the D-line at that 18:30 mark)

ROFL

what a disgusting and repulsive take, LOL. Your post is ridiculous and comical ROFL

Uh huh

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

I think Phillips is a perfect fit here, brings some mean, and he has a knack of rising to the moment here. Imho, he's a critical, underrated add to this defense, though I can't imagine we'll be able to keep him.

Comment

• sukie
                      Seriously?
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                      I think Phillips is a perfect fit here, brings some mean, and he has a knack of rising to the moment here. Imho, he's a critical, underrated add to this defense, though I can't imagine we'll be able to keep him.
                      We couldn’t keep him before and he signed for big scratch only to bust all over the place and be released… I think he loves Buffalo and wants to collect hardware.

Comment

• Cali512
                        • Jan 2012

We havent had a DT who consistently gets into the backfield like he does. Oliver is great, but he doesnt clog the middle and bully guards like Phillips does. He reminds me of Haynesworth when he was good.

I understand the rotation is great, but all im saying is having Phillips on the field maximizes our defense. And yes the rotation is great at keeping him fresh. On passing downs, having Rousseau/Oliver/Phillip/Von on the field is legit unfair to the offense

Milano and Edmunds are great at playing sideline to sideline, and we have 5 DBs on the field. So the middle is getting pressure, outside is getting pressue, Edmunds and milano control dumpoffs, and our DBs are very good to great. There is no weakness

Last year i felt like our defense feasted on bad QBs and average RBs. I have confidence that when we play Mahomes, Lamar, Mahomes, Burrow, well be ready and get consistent pressure

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                          We couldn’t keep him before and he signed for big scratch only to bust all over the place and be released… I think he loves Buffalo and wants to collect hardware.
                          I'm more than fine with it. Here.....he'a a wrecker. Don't care why. Collect the hardware, sign him every other year with a prove it deal, gimme results. He has.

Comment

• Cali512
                            • Jan 2012

I'm more than fine with it. Here.....he'a a wrecker. Don't care why. Collect the hardware, sign him every other year with a prove it deal, gimme results. He has.

I would prioritize him over Oliver tbh. But the benefit we have is that hes seen the alternative and it wasnt great. so hes at the mercy of our team

But oliver needs to be careful and see what happened to Phillips because Oliver never had a season like phillips when we let him go. The grass isnt always greener on the other side and we can easily roll with Jones, settle, and phillips if oliver wants to play that game

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                              ROFL

what a disgusting and repulsive take, LOL. Your post is ridiculous and comical ROFL

Uh huh
                              A "disgusting and repulsive take?!?!?!? Seriously???? I can't help it if your takes are just plain dumb.

Funny, but you “guaranteed” that Jamison Crowder was going to be cut. Instead, he was a significant contributor at the slot position. Sorry if you show time and time again that your observations and analysis are shallow and sometimes, nonsensical.

Jesus. Grow the **** up.
                              Last edited by notacon; 09-11-2022, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X