Thread: Former Buffalo Bills shine with new teams in Week 1

Thanks
    Thanked 7,565 Times in 6,124 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Former Buffalo Bills shine with new teams in Week 1

Prior to the start of the Buffalo Bills’ 2022 season the standard offseason cuts were made, including some fan favorites like defensive end Jerry Hughes and quarterback Mitch Trubisky as well as offseason signings that were expected to help push the team forward like tight end O.J Howard.
    Considering the Bills have one of the deepest rosters in the entire league, these players leaving the 716 was expected and bound to happen.
    Both Jerry Hughes and O.J. Howard signed with the Houston Texans before the start of the season and the pair made immediate impacts during Week 1. Howard caught both of his targets for 38 yards and two touchdowns, which turned out to be the Texans’ only touchdowns in the game. On the opposite side of the field, Hughes posted a monster stat line, totaling two sacks, one forced fumble, one interception, and one tackle for a loss.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/202...eams-in-week-1
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Thanked 26,291 Times in 13,723 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Former Buffalo Bills shine with new teams in Week 1

That Hughes trade is probably the best trade in Bills history. He was a good player for us for a long time.

Trubisky was only here for a year but I had confidence that he could win a couple games if Josh went down. I don't feel the same way this year. So, I wish them both well (as long as they're not playing us).

OJ Howard? Don't care. I don't wish him any ill will but he wasn't here long enough to make me care.

Oh and one other thing: It's nice to have enough talent on our roster that we're winning without good players who left us.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,565 Times in 6,124 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Former Buffalo Bills shine with new teams in Week 1

I'm happy for their success so far ..... like you said never really got attached to Howard.