Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alright, lay it on me

Thanks
    Thanked 9,898 Times in 4,020 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Alright, lay it on me

I keep having 2003 flashbacks. I can't help it.

2. Post thanked by:

kscdogbillsfan1221 (09-19-2022),OpIv37 (09-20-2022),The last buffalo fan (09-21-2022)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 4,368 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills are not very good. The combined record of the teams they beat is 1-4.

4. Post thanked by:

Bill Cody (09-20-2022),Dr. Lecter (09-21-2022),Historian (09-20-2022),Skooby (09-19-2022),The last buffalo fan (09-21-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,595 Times in 6,150 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills Win!

That's enough for me.
    33*60*95*128*141*144*160*163*204*221

Thanks
    Thanked 26,305 Times in 13,732 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    I saw 2 blow out wins but not by that margin. I figured Rams would get garbage score to make it respectable … this game i predicted Bills by a lot. Just not THAT much.
    I expected to lose to the Rams. Didn’t think it would mean much if we did. They’re the champs and it was an awful west coast road trip. To me, the Titans were the roadblock.

We destroyed both teams. And we didn’t even play that well in the first half against the Rams and the D was banged up against the Titans.

So yeah, we are well ahead of where I thought we were. Still, car get over the mentality that disappointment from this team is inevitable
    Last edited by OpIv37; 09-19-2022 at 03:31 PM.

7. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (09-19-2022),The last buffalo fan (09-21-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    The Bills are not very good. The combined record of the teams they beat is 1-3.
    Something he can work with.

9. Post thanked by:

Skooby (09-19-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Our punter is prettay good!
    ok Larry.

11. Post thanked by:

Skooby (09-19-2022)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,902 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    There are some parallels between those two squads
    That thought has crossed my mind too
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,076 Times in 4,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not going to lay it on you, I'm sure you were livin in up last night during that massive slaughter! I can't stand Vrabel, I'm glad they hung 40 on him and his highly over-rated team

14. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (09-20-2022),OpIv37 (09-20-2022),The last buffalo fan (09-21-2022)

The things I get you to say Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,064 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    Yeah, the whole Miami thing next week scares me.
    Insert whimsical line here

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Not going to lay it on you, I'm sure you were livin in up last night during that massive slaughter! I can't stand Vrabel, I'm glad they hung 40 on him and his highly over-rated team
    I despise the Titans more than any other non-division team because of the Mirage. Vrabel being there doesn't help. I'd be happy if they never won another game unless they're playing Brady or one of our division rivals.

17. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (09-21-2022)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,306 Times in 15,453 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We have had alot of trouble with that team, going back to the days in the Astrodome, so the win is very satisfying.

I just though it would be somewhat closer.

19. Post thanked by:

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I just can't wait until we can play the Jaguars again so we can prove once and for all we belong on the same field as them.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,700 Times in 7,760 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I saw 2 blow out wins but not by that margin. I figured Rams would get garbage score to make it respectable … this game i predicted Bills by a lot. Just not THAT much.
    So did I, as did you and several other posters. Especially the Titans game. You started this thread.....Keys to Squeaking out a win vs tough Titans.

Opening line was 7.5
    yesterday 10.5

anyone giving the Titans a chance?

personally don’t think there will be sleeping on anyone now that the world non-bigoted up and is watching.

(Title is for any Titan lurkers. Wanna lift their spirits before they get crushed again.)

screw good football. I want this over by the half.
    And my first post of the thread was this....

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The Bills are going to crush the Titans.

The reason they lost to them last year was not because of Henry...it was AJ Brown that killed us.....and Josh Allen failed hero ball with 9 minute left in the game with a four point lead.

Thankfully, he learned his lesson and did exactly the opposite when confronting the same situation in the second NE game, with 7 minutes in the game and a five point lead. Check the film. The difference is astounding.

First Monday night game in Buffalo since 2018....only the second one since 2008.

This game could get ugly for the Titans. The Bills may win by two or three scores....maybe more.

If I was a betting man, I would take the Bills. Watch the spread is going get higher as the bets on the Bills start rolling in.....oh....that has already started moving from 7.5 to 10.5 as sukie pointed out.
    And others....

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    This game won't even be close.

Bills are going to wipe the field with them. The Titans have zero receiving threats. Henry looked super old last week. Their best player was Hillard, a backup RB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Take away Henry early and score early on offense. The Titans game plan will be out the window and the route will be on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Not so tough anymore. Although I saw that a lot of people are picking the Titans in survivor pools. Dumb.

As opposed to the (hopefully) old Opi....

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    1. We haven’t proven we can beat them
    2. They will have a chip on their shoulder after that embarrassing loss, and the last time we played them with a chip on their shoulder was the 2020 COVID game. We all know how that went.
    3. We had a big build up to the opener, followed by a lot of down time. It’s not unreasonable to think we could come out flat.
    4. When we lost last year, it was cuz of run D, and they have the best RB currently in the game. Yes, we did well against thr run last week. And yes, their run game was stifled by a bad team last week, but it’s only one game for each team. Need more evidence than that before believing they won’t run all over us again.
    So, as penance Opi (smartly) offers this mea culpa up....

I didn’t think we would win this game. I didn’t believe we would beat the Titans until we actually did.

Well, I was wrong. This was one of the biggest dominations I’ve ever seen in the NFL. Josh Allen had Brady numbers- 317 Yards and 4 TD’s… in less than 3 quarters.

Two games is a small sample size, but it’s two dominant performances so far, one against the defending champs on the road, one against a team that has been a thorn in our side, with a banged up defense too.

So, yup. No defending what I said. I’m happy that I was wrong but I was flat out wrong. Never in a million years did I expect this level of dominance.

I appreciate your manning up (of course, you had no choice after such adamant pessimism)....don't you think its time to put the PTSD behind you???? For your own mental health sake???

This sentence says it all about your malady...."Never in a million years did I expect this level of dominance.”

Lots and lots of Bills fans (and most NFL analysts and all the bookies) DID “expect this level of dominance”.

Last year, you started to see the light after the Bills beat the crap out of KC on the road, and the Pats twice, culminating with the historic beat down on Belichick in the playoffs....but then, like an alcoholic who falls off the wagon, you just could not help going back to the Negative Nancy bottle of despair.

Despite the fact that Las Vegas does NOT dole out 10 point spreads on a whim, and it was obvious reality that the Bills improved over last year and the Titans got worse.....your PTSD just takes over as you crawl into a defensive fetal position, expecting the worst and guzzling from the bottle of depressing pessimism.

How about you take a new lease on life and REVESE the mindset based on reality....that EVERYONE seems to understand (hence the “hype” before the season started) instead of saying ’I’ll believe the Bills can beat the Titans (or any other team) when they actually do it.....

You flip it into the realistic mindset that ‘I’ll believe that Miami (or any other team) can beat the Bills when they actually do it’.

And after the Bills inevitably lose a game (although I would not bet against them going undefeated this season) you don’t fall off the wagon and hit the bottle of pessimism and doom and gloom.

THEN we will know that you are fully recovered from the debilitating Bills bad luck PTSD that you have been burdened with for over two decades.

For your own health and happiness.....because we love you Opi, and can’t stand to see some one dear suffering so much.
    Last edited by notacon; 09-20-2022 at 05:24 AM.

22. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (09-20-2022),The last buffalo fan (09-21-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BTW....Miami will be exposed this weekend. It could be a close game, but I doubt it.

The Bills have the Dolphins number, beating them the past seven games....last year by the collective margin of 61-11.

The seven wins since the last time the Fins beat the Bills (almost 4 years ago on Dec 2, 2018) have been by a collective score of 258-123.

Bills win by two scores at the least on Sunday.

24. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,181 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Last years results mean nothing about this next game. Personnel are quite different on both teams.

Bills D line is much better. Miami’s Upgraded the offensive line but without the ability to run… play action doesn’t work. Also making T Bubbs (Tua) release quick aids the secondary. Bills by a lot again.

26. Post thanked by:

mightysimi (09-20-2022),The last buffalo fan (09-21-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Last years results mean nothing about this next game. Personnel are quite different on both teams.

Bills D line is much better. Miami’s Upgraded the offensive line but without the ability to run… play action doesn’t work. Also making T Bubbs (Tua) release quick aids the secondary. Bills by a lot again.
    Tell that to the Colts whenever they play the Jags.

The Bills have Miami’s number. The Bills continue that dominance. Tua had a good game. Once he strings together a good season, he can prove he is more than an average struggling starter.

28. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    So did I, as did you and several other posters. Especially the Titans game. You started this thread.....Keys to Squeaking out a win vs tough Titans.

And my first post of the thread was this....

And others....

As opposed to the (hopefully) old Opi....

So, as penance Opi (smartly) offers this mea culpa up....

I appreciate your manning up (of course, you had no choice after such adamant pessimism)....don't you think its time to put the PTSD behind you???? For your own mental health sake???

This sentence says it all about your malady...."Never in a million years did I expect this level of dominance.”

Lots and lots of Bills fans (and most NFL analysts and all the bookies) DID “expect this level of dominance”.

Last year, you started to see the light after the Bills beat the crap out of KC on the road, and the Pats twice, culminating with the historic beat down on Belichick in the playoffs....but then, like an alcoholic who falls off the wagon, you just could not help going back to the Negative Nancy bottle of despair.

Despite the fact that Las Vegas does NOT dole out 10 point spreads on a whim, and it was obvious reality that the Bills improved over last year and the Titans got worse.....your PTSD just takes over as you crawl into a defensive fetal position, expecting the worst and guzzling from the bottle of depressing pessimism.

How about you take a new lease on life and REVESE the mindset based on reality....that EVERYONE seems to understand (hence the “hype” before the season started) instead of saying ’I’ll believe the Bills can beat the Titans (or any other team) when they actually do it.....

You flip it into the realistic mindset that ‘I’ll believe that Miami (or any other team) can beat the Bills when they actually do it’.

And after the Bills inevitably lose a game (although I would not bet against them going undefeated this season) you don’t fall off the wagon and hit the bottle of pessimism and doom and gloom.

THEN we will know that you are fully recovered from the debilitating Bills bad luck PTSD that you have been burdened with for over two decades.

For your own health and happiness.....because we love you Opi, and can’t stand to see some one dear suffering so much.
    I will agree that at this point, "I'll believe Miami can beat the Bills when they prove it" is the only logical mentality. Yes, they've improved, but we've really had their number the last few seasons.

As far as the mentality, after 30 years of disappointment, it's really hard to turn off. Even early in this game when they marched down the field and scored on their first drive, it felt like we weren't going to be able to stop them so we would have to score on every drive.

30. Post thanked by:

notacon (09-20-2022),The last buffalo fan (09-21-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I will agree that at this point, "I'll believe Miami can beat the Bills when they prove it" is the only logical mentality. Yes, they've improved, but we've really had their number the last few seasons.

As far as the mentality, after 30 years of disappointment, it's really hard to turn off. Even early in this game when they marched down the field and scored on their first drive, it felt like we weren't going to be able to stop them so we would have to score on every drive.
    I know Opi....I know.

We are all here to help you!!!

32. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Last night was the best game plan we have had since Allen got here. Really hoping it is indicative of some growth on McDermott's part.

Loved that one challenge he looked like an idiot on. It was brilliant. Don't call a timeout challenge the play. It's this type of winning mentality we need from the coaches on gameday at all times.

If Allen keeps spreading the ball around and executing consistently on quick reads into tight windows our receivers are going to start lighting things up -- oh dump a RB into that mix and see some more TDs.

If this team slows down and takes it's time they are potent and going to be very difficult for anyone to beat.

34. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,181 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why was that a brilliant challenge vs a timeout?

36. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (09-20-2022)