Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If there is one thing to pick on the Bills offense

Thanks
    Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: If there is one thing to pick on the Bills offense

Ingtar, I assume you watched the game as well, not just looking at stats. There are a few plays in the first half I think Josh had a few throws he can do better.

Prior to 4th and 1 on 3rd and 1, he had the Moss(?) to the flank and he threw way short to the ground in front of him. I think the Titans was late to cover and Josh saw it and rushed throw.

The pass to Knox to the middle where two Titans sandwiched him and threw him down pass the 1st down marker. Only one hand full of QB will make that throw, still Josh probably could throw a bit earlier. In the old days, that throw will get Knox "sawed in half" as Ryan Clark tweeted.

I also think the long throw to Gilliam on the side line maybe had too much muster on it. But that was a very difficult throw. Diggs or Davis probably gets it without an issue.

Again I want to emphasize that I'm nit picking here. Josh just set such a high standard himself in the last 4, 5 games. Actually he himself said in teh post game presser that he was not doing that great in the first half of the game.

2. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (09-21-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    Ingtar, I assume you watched the game as well, not just looking at stats. There are a few plays in the first half I think Josh had a few throws he can do better.

Prior to 4th and 1 on 3rd and 1, he had the Moss(?) to the flank and he threw way short to the ground in front of him. I think the Titans was late to cover and Josh saw it and rushed throw.

The pass to Knox to the middle where two Titans sandwiched him and threw him down pass the 1st down marker. Only one hand full of QB will make that throw, still Josh probably could throw a bit earlier. In the old days, that throw will get Knox "sawed in half" as Ryan Clark tweeted.

I also think the long throw to Gilliam on the side line maybe had too much muster on it. But that was a very difficult throw. Diggs or Davis probably gets it without an issue.

Again I want to emphasize that I'm nit picking here. Josh just set such a high standard himself in the last 4, 5 games. Actually he himself said in teh post game presser that he was not doing that great in the first half of the game.

Thats 2 throws that he missed. We dont need to disect everything. One was an insane pass that just missed and one was one of those rush throws like mahomes had last yr
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Thanks
    Thanked 7,572 Times in 6,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's important to win but it's critical to constantly continue to improve and we have room for that.
    Keep getting better .... we gotta stay away from the damn injury bug.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought Allen was off a little. I thought they worked on him making the throws a little sooner and connected with receivers in quicker patterns. He struggled to get the ball into the right place. But he was chunking down the plays differently which is going to be a real good thing if he keeps it up and learns that discipline.