• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: 2022-2023 Sabres Thread

The ice looked terrible and we never got a level puck, did you see the around the board passes literally get stopped by the snow ?? My cousin was there, said in his years of Zamboni driving he never saw more scraping and water repairs. Someone needs to be fired, you’ll hear about this soon I’d bet.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I guess I'm glad Granato isn't blaming the zamboni crew. Jesus....
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby View Post
        The ice looked terrible and we never got a level puck, did you see the around the board passes literally get stopped by the snow ?? My cousin was there, said in his years of Zamboni driving he never saw more scraping and water repairs. Someone needs to be fired, you’ll hear about this soon I’d bet.
        Problem is, both teams played on the same ice. One scored 4 goals. One didn't score.

It was an awful game but when you play 82, there are going to be some duds. Get back on track tonight. Also, they activated Comrie- does he start tonight after that awful performance by Anderson?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

The Flyers somehow managed. Sabres just laid an egg. It happens. Move on and don't let it become a habit.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

Both teams play on the same ice.

At the end of the day, Sabres sucked while the Flyers sucked it up.

Frankly, I'm so used to playing on bad ice, I wouldnt even know what good ice is
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Skooby
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Sabres game is speed and accuracy on shots, how many over the net shots did we have again ?? Philly got super lucky.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

How's the ice tonight?

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Tuchs goal was another great play by Thompson. I can't believe how good he's become.

Comment

• swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                    They've won 8 of their last 9 games.

I don't miss the Ralph, Eichel, Reinhart days at all...
                    They've now lost 3 of their last 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Sabres game is speed and accuracy on shots, how many over the net shots did we have again ?? Philly got super lucky.
                    There is NOTHING lucky about beating another team 4-0 in the NHL.

Comment

• swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

The defense and goaltending is the problem. The young offensive players having issues getting back defensively.

But the defense. Yuck. Finally they got Jokiharju back in last night. He, Dahlin and Samuelsson are the only guys that are solid. Power has to be played so he can grow. Outside of those 4 they can all go. Bryson, although fast, is too small and gets pushed around a lot. Lybushkin is tough, but is not that good defensively. It was written about a lot that Adams would get a veteran defender to pair with Dahlin. He didn't do that. He should have.

The goalies all suck. There isn't an NHL starter on the roster. The Anderson story is nice, but he is a 40+ year old goalie that needs to retire. Comrie is no better than UPL. And while UPL has improved, he's not more than a back-up at the NHL level at this point. He's giving up 4 goals a game.

To me they need a real veteran goaltender and a real solid veteran defender. Selling 100% youth is nutty. I've heard enough. And they aren't actually doing that: Comrie, Lybushkin, Jost. Get a goaltender and a defender.

Comment

• swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Asplund & Hinostroza replaced Quinn & Peterka last night.

Jokiharju was back in, in place of Bryson.

The team looked better last night defensively, but not good enough.

I think I've seen enough of Clague too. I thought I liked his play for a minute, but he's been exposed lately. IDK. 7th defenseman. Who would you keep there: Bryson, Clague, or Pilut.

Sabres open roster spot by placing defenseman Casey Fitzgerald on waivers

Comment

• swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                          took a night off, that sucks.
                          That happens to every team, I get it. But two nights in a row, after adding Asplund, Hinostroza & Jokiharju, and still losing to a team they've never beaten is tough. We'll see where they go. They've rebounded before. We'll see. Dahlin looks good through it all. He's really growing in to what they said he would.

When Thompson doesn't score it seems like a different team.
                          Last edited by swiper; 01-11-2023, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                            Asplund & Hinostroza replaced Quinn & Peterka last night.

Jokiharju was back in, in place of Bryson.

The team looked better last night defensively, but not good enough.

I think I've seen enough of Clague too. I thought I liked his play for a minute, but he's been exposed lately. IDK. 7th defenseman. Who would you keep there: Bryson, Clague, or Pilut.

Sabres open roster spot by placing defenseman Casey Fitzgerald on waivers

Deserved. Those two have gone ice cold.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

This has been a ****ty week.

Comment

• Woodman
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Apr 2014

extra ****ty!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                                X