Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: 2022-2023 Sabres Thread

Gotta hole to dig out of.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Oh **** 3-0 are you guys sleeping!

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Wtf. At least I can go to bed early.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Same here.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

LOL.wow
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

7 shots on goal? Not ready for the big boys tonight

Comment

• Dmoney
                • Aug 2014

And a big FU to the NHL for this Hulu ****. I already live out of market and have gotten NHL Center Ice package. I have cable, so I luckily see the TNT games. Now I have to get a streaming service to watch some games. And to go along with it, I can't even listen to the WGR550 feed of the game. FU NHL.

Sucks that the game was terrible, but I still was wanting to watch it. It was the Leafs after all.

- - - Updated - - -

And a big FU to the NHL for this Hulu ****. I already live out of market and have gotten NHL Center Ice package. I have cable, so I luckily see the TNT games. Now I have to get a streaming service to watch some games. And to go along with it, I can't even listen to the WGR550 feed of the game. FU NHL.

Sucks that the game was terrible, but I still was wanting to watch it. It was the Leafs after all.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

The team as a whole has to learn to pay the price in their own end and getting back on D. UPL was not sharp and it's time to see more of Cromrie, FWIW. A trade now would do next to nothing, when teams usually overpay.

Changes in roster and practice need to happen during the off-season and camp. That's when you change the mindset and demand more.

Right now, any adversity is an automatic run for the panic button. Too emotionally fragile. Youth ? Inexperience ? For most of the roster, it's probably true. Way too many shifts where they are caught floating and watching the opponent beat them to the puck, running them hard in their own end. No one is exempt from these issues. Growth but facing up to the fact they need to give more.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

To many guys who don't work hard. They think they can get by on talent alone. They need to get a couple vet leaders in here next year who won't put up with that. They haven't even bothered to show up in the 3 losses since the break.

I wouldn't make a trade at the deadline either. Fix it in the offseason.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

And get an NHL goalie next season too. UPL stinks.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Need - Goalie

Need - Attitude

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                          7 shots on goal? Not ready for the big boys tonight
                          Looked like they did not give a _______ .

Very disappointed .... it's team team team!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

This team is way too inconsistent. One night, they look like they can definitely make a push for the playoffs, the next night, they look like the Kruger basement-dwellers.

I don't know if this affects the team at all, but so many Leafs fans show up when we play them at home. Of course I always want the Sabres to win, but every time the Leafs are in town, I want the Sabres to just smash them from the opening playoffs, just to get their fans to STFU. These guys are professionals and I know they're used to getting jeered and boo'd, but it has to affect them when they're at home and half the crowd goes nuts when the Leafs score the first goal.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

I was taking a fat dump last night when the game started. I was excited to watch meaningful game..by the time I got out, if was 3-0 and I said screw it and went to the basement to lift a little before putting the little one to bed and playing Xbox.
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                                I was taking a fat dump last night when the game started. I was excited to watch meaningful game..by the time I got out, if was 3-0 and I said screw it and went to the basement to lift a little before putting the little one to bed and playing Xbox.
                                I’m a PlayStation guy. It’s fairly common that I have free time and can choose between PS5 and the Sabres… the video games are the right answer most of the time.

And FWIW I have my reasons for liking PS over Xbox, but I’m not one of those guys that’s super dug in. My brother in law has the latest Xbox and it certainly has its merits. But if you want to continue that discussion, send me a PM. No reason to nerd out here
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X