• Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: 2022-2023 Sabres Thread

4-2 Sabres

We get the victory.
    Last edited by Woodman; 10-18-2022, 03:44 PM.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• sukie
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by swiper View Post
      Comrie is the star of the game so far! With 4 minutes remaining in the game. Many, many great stops.
      I’m weeping with joy

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Just to be clear: the big draft debate was McDavid vs Eichel. Well, they’ve been better than us but neither team has really accomplished anything since then.

Last I checked: they still have McDavid, we no longer have Eichel, and we won, in their house after a long road trip.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Just to be clear: the big draft debate was McDavid vs Eichel. Well, they’ve been better than us but neither team has really accomplished anything since then.

Last I checked: they still have McDavid, we no longer have Eichel, and we won, in their house after a long road trip.
          In fairness. They've won playoff series since drafting McDavid. He's taken them to the dance. And gone into it.

I'd take that
          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Oilers outshot Sabres 48-24. Cromrie really was sensational with the Sabres having a lot of trouble in their own zone , in addition to getting back on D after a chance.

Lots of work to do.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• swiper
              • Sep 2010

Tage Thompson has figured out how to use his long reach in tight spaces. Watch his goal. Amazing.

Dahlin scores in each of the first 3 games.

Here are the game highlights:

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                Oilers outshot Sabres 48-24. Cromrie really was sensational with the Sabres having a lot of trouble in their own zone , in addition to getting back on D after a chance.

Lots of work to do.
                I like him. He looked great against florida wile getting shelled with shots.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Hinostroza in the lineup and played well. Quinn benched.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Tage Thompson has figured out how to use his long reach in tight spaces. Watch his goal. Amazing.

Dahlin scores in each of the first 3 games.

Here are the game highlights:

Thompson is exciting. Once he learned that he can't deke through everyone, he became a real player. It's awesome.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Good start so far but one big complaint: Too many shots/scoring opportunities. In 3 games, they've been outshot every time and given up 36, 37 and 48 shots. Yikes. I just don't trust Anderson and Comrie to maintain that level of goaltending over the course of a season.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                        Thompson is exciting. Once he learned that he can't deke through everyone, he became a real player. It's awesome.
                        Roughly a year and a half ago, I said something to the effect of "i wish Tage Thompson was as good in real life as he is when I'm playing NHL on PS5." Well, he's not video game level good, but he has become a really good NHL player.

Makes you wonder what St. Louis and Krueger were doing with him.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Roughly a year and a half ago, I said something to the effect of "i wish Tage Thompson was as good in real life as he is when I'm playing NHL on PS5." Well, he's not video game level good, but he has become a really good NHL player.

Makes you wonder what St. Louis and Krueger were doing with him.
                          What did Krueger do to everyone?

This team is exciting. I may have to revisit my 7th place prediction down the line
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• swiper
                            • Sep 2010

Good start so far but one big complaint: Too many shots/scoring opportunities. In 3 games, they've been outshot every time and given up 36, 37 and 48 shots. Yikes. I just don't trust Anderson and Comrie to maintain that level of goaltending over the course of a season.
                            The defense is very young, perhaps the youngest defense the Sabres have every iced. The pairings have changed in attempts for the Sabres to find the right person to pair with Owen Power. I think they broke up the Jokiharju/Dahlin pairing. Kevyn Adams kept talking about signing a veteran to sign to play with Power, but he did not do that. And Dahlin thinks he's Bobby Orr, always looking for the breakout rush. It'll get better, the more they play, but they could have used that veteran stay-at-home defenseman that never materialized, IMO.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

The defense is very young, perhaps the youngest defense the Sabres have every iced. The pairings have changed in attempts for the Sabres to find the right person to pair with Owen Power. I think they broke up the Jokiharju/Dahlin pairing. Kevyn Adams kept talking about signing a veteran to sign to play with Power, but he did not do that. And Dahlin thinks he's Bobby Orr, always looking for the breakout rush. It'll get better, the more they play, but they could have used that veteran stay-at-home defenseman that never materialized, IMO.
                              Yeah Dahlin has scored in every game so far. Goals are always a good thing, but my concern is that his offensive success will only encourage him to join the rush, which will lead to defensive lapses. But you are right- it is a very young group and will probably stabilize as they get more experience.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                                • Aug 2012

Yeah Dahlin has scored in every game so far. Goals are always a good thing, but my concern is that his offensive success will only encourage him to join the rush, which will lead to defensive lapses. But you are right- it is a very young group and will probably stabilize as they get more experience.
                                That's dahlins game. He said he feels more confident in joining the okay cause he knows Samuelsson is back patrolling the blue line.

This is the new NHL with ideally 4 guys who join and move into the play.

It'll bite you in the ass from time to time, but that's the risk.
                                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                                X