• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: 2022-2023 Sabres Thread

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
    I'd try and trade him. If they can't then let him play out the last year of his contract then let him walk.
    They can. Someone will take him.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

OMG. UPL sucks ass. Get him as far away from Buffalo as possible. Bruins 3-0 in first.

Comment

• swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Bruins first goal in 15 seconds. On the ice were Jokiharju/Power/Girgensons/Okposo/Krebs. All blew along with UPL.

Comment

• swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          The amount of ****ing odd man rushes piss me off. That's just recklessness and/or laziness. I'm souring on Granato too. It seems to be ok with him.
          Granato should be teaching better. Ruff, and many, many others, teach to avoid that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
          Agree that maybe it's time to parlay Victor into assets while they can.

Comment

• swiper
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2010

Swayman so much better, today, than UPL. That should never get said. On any day. But it's true. He just robbed Quinn point blank. He actually came out to the shooter. UPL floats backwards into the net.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by swiper View Post
              Swayman so much better, today, than UPL. That should never get said. On any day. But it's true. He just robbed Quinn point blank. He actually came out to the shooter. UPL floats backwards into the net.
              Moving backwards is a sign you are fighting the puck, or the dude is a heck of a shooter..

When I move backwards on a shot, it's because I'm not confident of my twitch reflexes that day, or the guy can shoot 100 mph and I need to give myself another split second to react
              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• ckg927
                Not quite Best in the World....
                • Aug 2012

Of the Sabres D, I'd keep the obvious 3. The rest of them can go. Preferably for bags of pucks.

This team needs to start drafting what I call "bastards": skill players who play with a chip on their shoulder and are willing to inflict it on opponents.
                Last edited by ckg927; 03-19-2023, 02:47 PM.
                John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• ckg927
                  Not quite Best in the World....
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                  Agree that maybe it's time to parlay Victor into assets while they can.
                  Olofsson's not the ONLY one I'd parlay into assets. My list is a bit longer than that.

I'd also advocate bringing Brandon Biro up...if not now, then DEFINITELY for next season(if Okposo doesn't return). He's improved his play from all reports, and that includes on the penalty kill(which Buffalo REALLY needs); Biro currently leads the Amerks in scoring(when it comes to points).
                  John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                  David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Biro would be a fine bottom 6 winger.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

7-0? ****ing a. My parents are moving closer to us and we were at their house helping them pack. So glad I didn’t get to watch this cluster****.

Just 10 days ago they had the 10-4 loss and now this. WTF?
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        7-0? ****ing a. My parents are moving closer to us and we were at their house helping them pack. So glad I didn’t get to watch this cluster****.

Just 10 days ago they had the 10-4 loss and now this. WTF?
                        They folded. Could you imagine a playoff series against Boston? No thanks.

Comment

• swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Moving backwards is a sign you are fighting the puck, or the dude is a heck of a shooter..

When I move backwards on a shot, it's because I'm not confident of my twitch reflexes that day, or the guy can shoot 100 mph and I need to give myself another split second to react
                          Not when the shooter is 5' from him, perhaps if he's at the circle.

Comment

• swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Brandon Biro and ALL the leading scorers in Rochester are SMALL. They need a big forward with skill. More like Tuch.

Greenway looks like a dud.

Comment

• swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

They can't win when Samuelsson and Tuch are both not on the ice.

Something wrong with Dahlin and Thompson. Skinner ineffective without a center that's hot.

Comment

• Dmoney
                                • Aug 2014

Well if Jordan Greenway., with his 8 points, can fetch a 2nd and 5th round pick, Olofsson should fetch us 2 first round picks....

Obviously, I'm kidding.

Greenway shows me nothing that would suggest he can ever be a first line player, no matter how many times Granato tries him on the first line.
                                Not a good skater, not a hitter, not a finisher. Looks like we got fleeced by the wild. Maybe the 5th round pick, but a 2nd rounder too?!?! Nahh.

Comment

Working...
                                X