X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills @ Dolphins GDT !!!

Dorsey should be mad at himself for calling shotgun on 2&1 at the goal line. Josh could QB snuck it in easily instead we lose 2 yards. Fing dumb.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ckg927 View Post
      Oh, FFS....YOU TOO?

I am DAMNED sick and tired of "the fix was clearly in today" crap. And I don't care WHO spreads it.

Give me an answer to this question: WHY try to fix a game and put at risk all the money spent on broadcast rights, corporate sponsorships(league wide and for individual teams), etc. etc. etc. just so one team can cover the spread? WHO BENEFITS FROM IT? WHO?

(throws the mic with so much force, Diggs catches the dart for 6 and then points and screams "You....You....You...shut the....(ahem)....up".)

- - - Updated - - -

Josh Allen made it short and blunt in his post-game presser: "We beat ourselves."

it's not about picking a winner and loser. vegas couldn't care less about who wins the game. it's about who covers and who doesn't, and the bills were costing them $$$. I didn't buy this theory either till a buddy of mine (who is a gambler) broke it down for me. He ever predicted the dolphins covering today. his exact words were "watch where the money goes and watch the lines".

what he explained to me is vegas doesn't need to win every week, and normally they don't particularly care about week to week anomalies. what they do care about is a "sure bet". meaning any team that becomes a "sure bet" is a problem. what put the bills in the crosshairs for a fix, he explained, was the titans game. vegas moved the line as far as you could rationally go for an NFL match and still 70+% of the money went on buffalo to cover a 10+point spread. and the bills covered. At that point vegas decided they needed to fix it. the line never moved all ****ing week, and the money just poured onto the bills, 70+% of the money, 90% or so of the betters all went for the bills at 5.5 it was one of the heaviest gambled lines all week. yet the line never moved. if things were up and up that line would have hit 10 with that type of action on the bills. thats why he claims he put 100k down on the fins. it's these types of lines he bets heavy, because according to him vegas and the league have been in bed with each other for over 3 decades now.

again - to repeat - it's not about fixing the game to get a winner or loser, it's about fixing it for who covers and who doesn't. and they don't do this much. they just do it for "sure bets". the bills were the first victim of the sure bet this season. it might happen again if we keep blowing teams out going forward. but this game had vegas fingerprints all over it.

that's why i was upset at the safety. it put us in a position to cover. I knew the refs would stick their fingers in it again on the final drive because of that. had he been able to punt it safely, I think the refs would have called it straight on our final drive. TD or no TD we weren't going to cover; but the safety put us in danger of covering.
      Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-25-2022, 08:51 AM.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf View Post
        Dorsey should be mad at himself for calling shotgun on 2&1 at the goal line. Josh could QB snuck it in easily instead we lose 2 yards. Fing dumb.
        He hasn't called a qb sneak yet this season. He's got some growing to do.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

I think the C-QB exchange scared them. I'd run Singletary two more times.

Look - you guys saying no need to run the ball. Down there within 5 yard line? You HAVE to. We don't have Kelce. The area is compressed. Josh is luck actually a few throws into the endzone wasn't picked. Those defensive coordinators and data research firms are paid big time league wide for red zone offense and defense. You just have so many passing plays to run - if you say to yourselves that we are crossing out all run plays. That remains my biggest beef with the Bills offense - not able to get 3rd and 1 running the ball. Heck not even a threat to anyone.
          Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 09-25-2022, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

I’m already over this game. More worried about everyone getting healthy.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Jaydog57
              Pretty cool for a Fin Fan.
              • Oct 2002

What a game; I have a feeling the fans at the rematch in Buffalo later this season will be twice as loud.
              "There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                I’m already over this game. More worried about everyone getting healthy.
                I feel the same. Going to shrug it off and walk away from it. Need players back. Over and done.

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Good news is Miami only undefeated team in AFC and that will last only 4 days

Comment

• ckg927
                    Not quite Best in the World....
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                    I HOPE Cincinnati buries Miami in the ground so deeply, they'll be sleeping next to Jimmy Hoffa.
                    John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                    David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

Miami reminds me of the Cardinals last year. Starting off hot with literally everything going their way.
                      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                      Vanek is Austrian not European
                      Originally posted by Prov401
                      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                      Originally posted by better days
                      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post

Cinci hasn't been very impressive.

Comment

• Skooby
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

I didn’t make the game today, it was an odd game.

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                            Cinci hasn't been very impressive.
                            pissed about that and it’s at home

Comment

• paladin warrior
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Ref are *** it terrible

Comment

• paladin warrior
                                All-Pro Zoner
                                • Oct 2004

When bring Tre' a White CB back. Crush Dolphins tuna fish breath in Buffalo Bill's home .

Comment

Working...
                                X