X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Re: 3rd and 22 -- the play call reminded me 13 seconds again

Not surprising, Frazier was asked about that play yesterday by reporters, and he admitted at the end of the day that he'd like "that call back" among all the calls he made on Sunday.

I get the feeling that Frazier is a very good D coordinator from film study, devising schemes taking away opponents biggest strength, relating to his players, etc. But he has issues making right decision at critical moments in the past as a head coach. What about McDermott? His background is D and at times he steps in taking away calls from Frazier. Can he make the critical decisions like Belichick would?

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
      Worst call of the day comes from Frazier by dropping into a prevent. Even if we had a healthy backfield, I’d be hesitant considering who their QB is. That stupid defensive call still pisses me off today. I hate the prevent. The only thing your old king is preventing your defense from looking good.
      I hate the prevent too, but I hate our version of it even worse, like by all means line up so far back you can't possibly defend the 1st down marker.

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
        I hate the prevent too, but I hate our version of it even worse, like by all means line up so far back you can't possibly defend the 1st down marker.
        Know what I hate? The brand new toilet paper roll and the need to get the roll started… ya think ya got it but you only have 1 ply… now the perforations don’t line up and you get a handful of TP shards… you might just as well skooch on the living room carpet, perhaps grab the kitty’s scratching post OR just step outside and use the garden hose all whilst waving at the neighbors.

Comment

Working...
        X