Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone coming to the Ravens game?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,663 Times in 8,459 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Anyone coming to the Ravens game?

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Have you ever gone to a road game that they have won?

FWIW, They are on a two game winning streak when I go
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

2. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-02-2022),DraftBoy (10-03-2022),kscdogbillsfan1221 (10-02-2022),Mace (10-02-2022),notacon (10-03-2022),Novacane (10-02-2022),The last buffalo fan (10-03-2022),TheConsigliere (10-02-2022),YardRat (10-02-2022)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,468 Times in 9,174 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    FWIW, They are on a two game winning streak when I go
    I have no doubt, I'm 6'2 and have only ever looked into the bottom of your loud inappropriate tie, even when you were shaking me like a rag doll.

4. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-02-2022),The last buffalo fan (10-03-2022),TheConsigliere (10-02-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 7,705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I was watching the Red Zone in the late window yesterday, and just happened to catch the sign off from Jim Nance when the last thing he said was “see you in Buffalo next week”.

That is a nod to the #1 CBS announcing crew covering the Bills-Pittsburgh game, which means it will get virtual national coverage.

Sure enough, when I checked my cable programing guide, they already have the Bills 10:00AM (Vegas time) game listed as live on CBS!!!

That means I get to watch the next three games live. And a lot of Bills fans across the country will get that game as well.

I can’t wait until next year when Sunday Ticket moves away from crappy Direct TV to a streaming company.

6. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-03-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That is great if you have reliable streaming ability. Not everyone does and it will suck for them

Mom is not a football fan but for anybody that lives near here, they might be SOL. Service is not the best especially for streaming and things like that.

8. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-03-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I was watching the Red Zone in the late window yesterday, and just happened to catch the sign off from Jim Nance when the last thing he said was “see you in Buffalo next week”.

That is a nod to the #1 CBS announcing crew covering the Bills-Pittsburgh game, which means it will get virtual national coverage.

Sure enough, when I checked my cable programing guide, they already have the Bills 10:00AM (Vegas time) game listed as live on CBS!!!

That means I get to watch the next three games live. And a lot of Bills fans across the country will get that game as well.

I can’t wait until next year when Sunday Ticket moves away from crappy Direct TV to a streaming company.
    The Family is happy for your happiness however please wear a hat when out in that Nevada sun.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That is great if you have reliable streaming ability. Not everyone does and it will suck for them

Mom is not a football fan but for anybody that lives near here, they might be SOL. Service is not the best especially for streaming and things like that.
    There are plenty of NFL games that are available with just a TV antenna.

Does “mom” subscribe to Direct TV and the additional $300 for Sunday Ticket???

If not, the movement to streaming is a moot issue. Besides the fact that a relatively tiny minority of football fans get Sunday Ticket.....it is said to be only 2 million.....and a considerable number of those are bars.

For the millions that do not WANT Direct TV dish on their house, being able to buy it streaming is a godsend. And the number of people that are willing to pay for Sunday Ticket AND do not have “reliable streaming ability” I suspect is an extremely tiny percentage.

I also suspect that just by moving to streaming, without having to go all in on Direct TV (which I have had and it sucks) will boost the subscriber base.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You missed the point
    It works for you
    There are plenty of people that do not have the streaming option for numerous reasons (Note: Mom does have Direct Tv)

12. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-04-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You missed the point
    It works for you
    There are plenty of people that do not have the streaming option for numerous reasons (Note: Mom does have Direct Tv)

No.....YOU missed the point.

Oh...so now you are backtracking and dancing. The point is that Direct TV decided not to even try to renew their contract with the NFL. Whether I welcome the change to streaming is irrelevant and has no bearing on their decision.

Using your mom is quite silly, and exposed as a red herring. Obviously she does not pay for Sunday Ticket (so your sob story using her in a dishonest way is pure baloney) and the move from requiring fans to use that service THEY DO NOT WANT if they DO want Sunday Ticket is a boon to a MANY, MANY more people than don’t have adequate internet access.

Direct TV is in a small minority of US households and has been dropping.

Only about 6% of US households do not have access to reliable internet service (for numerous reasons). About 87% of US households do NOT use Direct TV.

Only about 23% of Direct TV customers pay for Sunday Ticket. And the percentage of those that do not have good streaming options is miniscule. And I suspect plenty of people that DON’T want Direct TV, but have great streaming options, only buy that service because they want Sunday Ticket. They will be dropping Direct TV like a bad habit, and embrace streaming Sunday Ticket in droves.

Again, all one needs is an TV with an antenna to get a plethora of NFL games.

I’m not sure why you even are arguing and whining about this at all. It’s silly and irrelevant. Is it just to be argumentative??? Or is it a personal swipe at me?

The FACT is that HUGE numbers of true blue football fans will now be able to access Sunday Ticket that do not want to be forced to buy Direct TV service they do not want.

And that movement to streaming....which will be embraced by PLENTY because it works for for them is unstoppable.

A side note....President Biden has “launched a new internet access initiative that allocated $45 billion in federal funding to expand high-speed internet across the U.S....

THIS is the way to address the issue of a small percentage of US households that do not have "streaming options”....not whining about Sunday Ticket moving to streaming.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes
    It is all about you. It always is.

I am not whining nor am I am backtracking on anything

All I am trying to do is point out to you that streaming is NOT reliable for everyone and is not the magical cure all you think it is and that maybe, just maybe, people with different life experiences can be valuable because they have seen things that you have not.

But, as usual, your narcissism and arrogance makes you refuse to acknowledge that you might have missed something and might not be 100% correct.

What happens to the Sunday Ticket has zero effect on me. I go to all the home games and can watch the road games (and go to at least one a year). But I also (unlike you) realize that this is about much more than me.

Not every time somebody does not 100% agree with you is it a personal attack. Whether you are able to handle it or not, we don't all get in line behind you and say "yes sir"

Here is some information about this.

https://www.fcc.gov/reports-research...this%20service.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,009 Times in 4,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    No.....YOU missed the point.

Oh...so now you are backtracking and dancing. The point is that Direct TV decided not to even try to renew their contract with the NFL. Whether I welcome the change to streaming is irrelevant and has no bearing on their decision.

Using your mom is quite silly, and exposed as a red herring. Obviously she does not pay for Sunday Ticket (so your sob story using her in a dishonest way is pure baloney) and the move from requiring fans to use that service THEY DO NOT WANT if they DO want Sunday Ticket is a boon to a MANY, MANY more people than don’t have adequate internet access.

Direct TV is in a small minority of US households and has been dropping.

Only about 6% of US households do not have access to reliable internet service (for numerous reasons). About 87% of US households do NOT use Direct TV.

Only about 23% of Direct TV customers pay for Sunday Ticket. And the percentage of those that do not have good streaming options is miniscule. And I suspect plenty of people that DON’T want Direct TV, but have great streaming options, only buy that service because they want Sunday Ticket. They will be dropping Direct TV like a bad habit, and embrace streaming Sunday Ticket in droves.

Again, all one needs is an TV with an antenna to get a plethora of NFL games.

I’m not sure why you even are arguing and whining about this at all. It’s silly and irrelevant. Is it just to be argumentative??? Or is it a personal swipe at me?

The FACT is that HUGE numbers of true blue football fans will now be able to access Sunday Ticket that do not want to be forced to buy Direct TV service they do not want.

And that movement to streaming....which will be embraced by PLENTY because it works for for them is unstoppable.

A side note....President Biden has “launched a new internet access initiative that allocated $45 billion in federal funding to expand high-speed internet across the U.S....

THIS is the way to address the issue of a small percentage of US households that do not have "streaming options”....not whining about Sunday Ticket moving to streaming.
    You need to get laid

16. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-05-2022),kscdogbillsfan1221 (10-05-2022),OpIv37 (10-05-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes
    It is all about you. It always is.

I am not whining nor am I am backtracking on anything

All I am trying to do is point out to you that streaming is NOT reliable for everyone and is not the magical cure all you think it is and that maybe, just maybe, people with different life experiences can be valuable because they have seen things that you have not.

But, as usual, your narcissism and arrogance makes you refuse to acknowledge that you might have missed something and might not be 100% correct.

What happens to the Sunday Ticket has zero effect on me. I go to all the home games and can watch the road games (and go to at least one a year). But I also (unlike you) realize that this is about much more than me.

Not every time somebody does not 100% agree with you is it a personal attack. Whether you are able to handle it or not, we don't all get in line behind you and say "yes sir"

Here is some information about this.

https://www.fcc.gov/reports-research...this%20service.
    You absolutely ARE whining. Silly irrelevant whining at that. And you absolutely ARE backtracking....by using a dishonest reference to your dear mom in one of the lamest screeds ever.

If what happens on Sunday Ticket has zero effect on you, then why do you have to feel the need to even comment about my desire (of a LOT of Bills fans spread around the country) to get to watch Bills games live?!?!?!

You are projecting YOUR narcissism and arrogance makes you refuse to acknowledge that you might have missed something and might not be 100% correct.

All I said was that "
    I can’t wait until next year when Sunday Ticket moves away from crappy Direct TV to a streaming company.”....and YOU have to **** all over that reasonable take with no reason except YOUR own hate filled bullcrap.

Stupid, silly pointless arguments like you just started make this site ****ty. Congrats. You are so full of crap it’s coming out of your ears.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So now I am lying about my mom

Look - all I did was make a point that moving from "crappy" Direct TV to a streaming service might also have issues for some people

I was nice about it
    You replied and then I replied

There was nothing dishonest about it. And, in fact, I have raised this point before with other people

Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 10-06-2022 at 02:14 PM.