X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheConsigliere
    • Aug 2022

I Hate Our OL

...The Dolphins bamboozled Buffalo's offensive line, bringing blitz after blitz and swarming Josh Allen. The Fins compiled 20 QB pressures, 10 QB hits, and four sacks of Allen, generating a 29.9 pressure percent (16.4% in Weeks 1-2), per Next Gen Stats. Emmanuel Ogbah (seven QB pressures) and Melvin Ingram (five QB pressures, two sacks) lived in the Bills' backfield....

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-se...sunday-s-games

I love what Beane has done with our DL.

The whole family does.

Cousin Luigi cannot get enough Groot.

However, this OL does not have enough talent and Bates should be working on the docks rather than pretending he is a NFL OL. Bad contract.

Morse's absence was the difference in this game however the smart move would have been to draft a Centre in the first two rounds of this past draft.

Instead, we have two many Fredos on this OL.

Beane needs to taken to task for his allergy to evaluating and accumulating OL.

• TheConsigliere
    • Aug 2022

Re: I Hate Our OL

Comment

• TheConsigliere
      • Aug 2022

Comment

• Prov401
        President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
        • Aug 2008

I've always contended that our o line is easily our biggest weakness. We have terrible depth in the middle. It seems as though we can't pick up those one yard runs up the gut for the 4th consecutive season. I can see this unit being Beane's next over haul ala the d line of this off season.

Comment

• TheConsigliere
          • Aug 2022

Originally posted by Prov401 View Post
          I've always contended that our o line is easily our biggest weakness. We have terrible depth in the middle. It seems as though we can't pick up those one yard runs up the gut for the 4th consecutive season. I can see this unit being Beane's next over haul ala the d line of this off season.
          I have told year after year that Beane would finally fix the OL.

Nope.

Do you know if Beane owns a horse?

Comment

• Prov401
            • Aug 2008

He finally fixed the d line after finding out Hughes, Addison, and Star just aren't good enough. Only took him 2 extra years to see it, so here's to hoping it's the o line's turn next year.

Comment

• swiper
              • Sep 2010

It was 100 degrees and high humidity down on the field. The Bills were in the direct sun all day, on the field & on the bench. Players were going down with heat exhaustion in the middle of the game. Muscle spasm. Dehydration. When the line is down to playing Quessenberry, then you know you've got issues. The line will be ok. Brown, Morse, Bates will be 100% next week.

Comment

• Prov401
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by swiper View Post

It was 100 degrees and high humidity down on the field. The Bills were in the direct sun all day, on the field & on the bench. Players were going down with heat exhaustion in the middle of the game. Muscle spasm. Dehydration. When the line is down to playing Quessenberry, then you know you've got issues. The line will be ok. Brown, Morse, Bates will be 100% next week.
                If our starters are healthy? Yes. We will be ok. Still not dominant though. For me it's the lack of quality depth. It seems we have the depth everywhere else but the o line. Bobby Hart is still on our roster. Bobby Hart.

Comment

• swiper
                  • Sep 2010

If our starters are healthy? Yes. We will be ok. Still not dominant though. For me it's the lack of quality depth. It seems we have the depth everywhere else but the o line. Bobby Hart is still on our roster. Bobby Hart.
                  Yes, Bobby Hart. And yesterday people were yearning to have him active.

Comment

• Prov401
                    • Aug 2008

I'm not one of those people.

Comment

• swiper
                      • Sep 2010

I'm not one of those people.
                      I'm not either, necessarily. But Quessenberry wasn't very good.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Our OL is OK at pass blocking but gets little push in the run game. It's how they decided to construct it.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                          • Aug 2022

Do you remember when Bobby...

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Uhhhhh....which “O-line” do you “hate”????

The real one, or the ragtag bunch of second and third stringers the Bills were forced to play??? Only two starters actually played the whole game....Dawkins and Saffold.

Van Roten is NO Jon Feliciano. The Bills have an issue with C depth. And Quessenberry (who I incorrectly thought would never make the team, for good reason) had a terrible game.

When you have to dip down into the practice squad for C Greg Mancz...a practice squad vet , an undrafted FA who is on his fourth team, to play 25% of the offensive snaps....that is NOT the Bills true O-Line.

Considering the conditions and circumstances of yesterday’s game, the O-line did better than they should have.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                              Uhhhhh....which “O-line” do you “hate”????

The real one, or the ragtag bunch of second and third stringers the Bills were forced to play??? Only two starters actually played the whole game....Dawkins and Saffold.

Van Roten is NO Jon Feliciano. The Bills have an issue with C depth. And Quessenberry (who I incorrectly thought would never make the team, for good reason) had a terrible game.

When you have to dip down into the practice squad for C Greg Mancz...a practice squad vet , an undrafted FA who is on his fourth team, to play 25% of the offensive snaps....that is NOT the Bills true O-Line.

Considering the conditions and circumstances of yesterday’s game, the O-line did better than they should have.
                              Bates should be the one playing Center, if Morse is hurt, IMO. Van Roten stinks. Mancz did ok, I think, but I'm not sure. Hard to tell when the RG and RT are getting beat instantly

Comment

Working...
                              X