Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    5,128
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    32

    I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/09/28/sa...son-prediction

    Will Schoen and Daboll do the Bills that favor (not asking for day 1 or day 2 picks)?

    Imagine you swap out Moss for Barkley, Heck I'd even do it for Singletary or James. That Moss 40 yard run in Miami? I'm pretty sure Barkley would score on that play.

    Normally I'd like trading for a running back you are not going to keep. But if we are all in for a superbowl run, Barkley in this offense is much more effective than having OBJ.

  2. #2
    Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sitting on a toilet tank near you.
    Posts
    27,805
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 6,589 Times in 3,388 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    111

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    There's no way they trade Barkley for anything less than a 1st round pick.

  3. Post thanked by:

    kgun12 (09-28-2022)

  4. #3
    Well, lookie here... YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    80,848
    Thanks
    28,031
    Thanked 28,471 Times in 16,095 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    229

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    They aren't getting a first unless an extension/re-structure is already in place before pulling the trigger.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
    .

  5. #4
    Registered User kgun12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    The greatest country in the world!
    Posts
    9,916
    Thanks
    3,763
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 651 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    62

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    With the early success the Giants are having in rebuilding why would they trade Barkley? If they did they would definitely want at the very least a second round pick but more the likely they would want a 1st.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

  6. Post thanked by:

    Mace (09-28-2022)

  7. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    5,128
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    32

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Probably is a pipe dream. Barkley is in his last year of the rookie deal (drafted in the same year as Allen). So appear to be in his prime right NOW.

  8. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    5,479
    Thanks
    1,113
    Thanked 3,757 Times in 2,045 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    33

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Any Bills fan would love a Barkley trade. If at the trade deadline the Giants don't feel they'll be re-signing Barkley, and they don't think they have a playoff shot, they might be ready to settle for a 2nd & 3rd just like Denver got from LAR for Von Miller.

    Anything less than a 2 & 3 is a ridiculous fantasy. Trading one of RBs for Barkley is laughable.

  9. #7
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17,772
    Thanks
    3,836
    Thanked 7,923 Times in 5,012 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    54

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Edmunds for Barkley

  10. Post thanked by:

    kgun12 (09-28-2022)

  11. #8
    Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Muncie, Indiana
    Posts
    4,131
    Thanks
    635
    Thanked 2,992 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    25

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Edmunds for Barkley
    I was down on edmunds but I think he’s played well this year so far. Maybe he’s figuring it out ?
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

  12. #9
    Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    18,901
    Thanks
    23,433
    Thanked 15,397 Times in 8,512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    56

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Giants are top 5 in salary cap space for 2023 with near 60 million available, franchise tag for an RB is around 10.2 million. I don't think he's going anywhere.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    I was down on edmunds but I think hes played well this year so far. Maybe hes figuring it out ?
    Better DL in front of him, imho. He has less to worry about.
    Last edited by Mace; 09-28-2022 at 09:57 AM.

  13. Post thanked by:

    DraftBoy (09-29-2022),kgun12 (09-28-2022),YardRat (09-28-2022)

  14. #10
    Registered User Canadian'eh!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Fredericton, NB
    Posts
    11,378
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    47

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Edmunds for Barkley
    I'd be ok with that before the season. But at this point it creates a much bigger hole than Barkley would fill.

    Not a fan of Edmunds, but we don't have a better option on the team at the moment

  15. Post thanked by:

    kgun12 (09-28-2022),YardRat (09-28-2022)

  16. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    5,128
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    32

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    Any Bills fan would love a Barkley trade. If at the trade deadline the Giants don't feel they'll be re-signing Barkley, and they don't think they have a playoff shot, they might be ready to settle for a 2nd & 3rd just like Denver got from LAR for Von Miller.

    Anything less than a 2 & 3 is a ridiculous fantasy. Trading one of RBs for Barkley is laughable.
    Of course it's not going to be any one (or combination) of our running backs straight for Barkley. Any trade will probably involve a RB + picks.

  17. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    5,479
    Thanks
    1,113
    Thanked 3,757 Times in 2,045 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    33

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    Of course it's not going to be any one (or combination) of our running backs straight for Barkley. Any trade will probably involve a RB + picks.
    Any trade including any of the Bills RBs is laughable. The Giants would want a 2 & 3, not Singletary who has as much time left on his contract as Barkley, or Moss, who hasn't shown enough to have any significant trade value. The only RB the Giants would even consider is Cook on his rookie contract & then next season the Bills have no RBs at all.

    The whole idea of the Bills being able to get Barkley is pretty ridiculous to begin with. Esiason should be ashamed of himself for starting the conversation.

  18. #13
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17,772
    Thanks
    3,836
    Thanked 7,923 Times in 5,012 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    54

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
    I'd be ok with that before the season. But at this point it creates a much bigger hole than Barkley would fill.

    Not a fan of Edmunds, but we don't have a better option on the team at the moment
    just looking to get something for edmunds aside from a thank you card when he gets overpaid by someone else.

  19. #14
    Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    18,901
    Thanks
    23,433
    Thanked 15,397 Times in 8,512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    56

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    just looking to get something for edmunds aside from a thank you card when he gets overpaid by someone else.
    I'm not.

  20. #15
    Dances With Buffaloes Ingtar33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    14,238
    Thanks
    1,111
    Thanked 3,906 Times in 1,841 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    61

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    i don't see why the giants would trade him, he's their whole offense, and a new QB will need a RB to help him out.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

    MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

  21. Post thanked by:

    DraftBoy (09-29-2022)

  22. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    602
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked 158 Times in 134 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Old News.

    The Family talked about this before the draft.

  23. #17
    Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Last Depot
    Posts
    32,129
    Thanks
    8,853
    Thanked 13,587 Times in 7,234 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    122

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    I was down on edmunds but I think he’s played well this year so far. Maybe he’s figuring it out ?
    Dane Jackson disagrees.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

  24. Post thanked by:

    kgun12 (09-29-2022)

  25. #18
    Administrator DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    103,518
    Thanks
    4,685
    Thanked 23,171 Times in 13,304 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    267

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    I agree Edmunds is playing at a higher level and I think a big part of that is that he’s able to stay clearer in the wash now thanks to the IDL adds Beane made. He’s attacking downhill more and showing more of that speed and athleticism that many of us thought he could bring when he was drafted.

    It’s also not just Edmunds, Milano is playing better too.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

  26. Post thanked by:

    Jeff1220 (09-29-2022),Kenny (09-30-2022),notacon (09-29-2022)

  27. #19
    notacon is a clueless dolt
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    31,916
    Thanks
    15,051
    Thanked 13,045 Times in 8,860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/09/28/sa...son-prediction

    Will Schoen and Daboll do the Bills that favor (not asking for day 1 or day 2 picks)?

    Imagine you swap out Moss for Barkley, Heck I'd even do it for Singletary or James. That Moss 40 yard run in Miami? I'm pretty sure Barkley would score on that play.

    Normally I'd like trading for a running back you are not going to keep. But if we are all in for a superbowl run, Barkley in this offense is much more effective than having OBJ.
    Barkley had an excellent game against the Cowboys on Monday night. He played so well that it prompted the announcer to say that Barkley is finally back to full health after he ripped off that 36 yard TD run. And nobody in their right mind is going to trade for Moss. And Daboll knows him (and his limitations) better than anyone.

  28. #20
    Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sitting on a toilet tank near you.
    Posts
    27,805
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 6,589 Times in 3,388 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    111

    Re: I'd love this trade Boomer suggested

    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I agree Edmunds is playing at a higher level and I think a big part of that is that he’s able to stay clearer in the wash now thanks to the IDL adds Beane made. He’s attacking downhill more and showing more of that speed and athleticism that many of us thought he could bring when he was drafted.

    It’s also not just Edmunds, Milano is playing better too.
    Milano is playing out of this world. I agree with Edmunds too. He seems to be playing downhill and not as hesitant as he's been. Hopefully he continues it, because they really need him and Milano to keep playing well

  29. Post thanked by:

    notacon (09-29-2022)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •