Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wow shots fired by cte guru on Dolphins

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Wow shots fired by cte guru on Dolphins

The NFLPA whining about player safety while guys are launching themselves into opponents, and sometimes teammates head and neck area is a joke. The NFL players don't give a rats ass about safety, unless it's their own. The recklessness of the game proves that.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,899 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If the NFL wanted to set an example they would forfeit the win.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,554 Times in 17,440 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    If the NFL wanted to set an example they would forfeit the win.
    They will never do that. Heavy fine and maybe a draft pick, tops.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer POTLAND PSILBYLO's Avatar
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: Mandy Pepperidge
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,789 Times in 3,334 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Looking at Dolphins boards, kind of sad how many are upset with the NFLPA for making a fuss out of it, like it's their fault for noticing and wanting answers to protect a player.

There would be people here that would do that with Allen also.

I don't understand it. The world has become an ignorant place, and knowledge is so easy to obtain. People see something with their own eyes, won't believe it, hear something way out there, and believe it as absolute truth.

So it goes.

Just hope Tua gets healthy and that doesn't happen again. It was horrible.
    I think Tua is a crisis actor, trying to get football taken away from us.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,695 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Saying "Nobody gives a **** about player safety.” is like saying that ‘ALL Republicans are racists’

D
    raft boy is an admitted life long Republican.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Saying "Nobody gives a **** about player safety.” is like saying that ‘ALL Republicans are racists’

D
    Yeah, but at the end of the day money won out over safety.

If the team had followed the league's procedures, he wouldn't have played on Thursday and probably shouldn't have gone back in against us the prior Sunday. But, it's only the 3rd game streaming on Amazon. If Tua doesn't go back in against us, it's a 2-1 team with a backup QB playing a 1-2 team. But with Tua playing, it's an undefeated team going up against the defending AFC champs who are struggling to get back on track. It's a much more interesting story/game for potential viewers.

For me, personally, when there's a national night game on, the teams that are playing and the health of those teams determine how much/if I watch. If Brady gets hurt and it's Saints/Bucs, I'll probably just watch something else and track the score on my phone.

A player possibly suffered permanent injury because they wanted a good storyline to sell their Amazon game. It's not that they don't care about safety at all. It's just that they usually care more about money.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

D

It's the Superbowl, Bills are down by 3, have the ball with 2 min left at their own 25. Allen gets rocked, looks wobbly. Would you have a conniption if they stopped the game and pulled him out, because he appeared to be concussed? Be honest.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    It's the Superbowl, Bills are down by 3, have the ball with 2 min left at their own 25. Allen gets rocked, looks wobbly. Would you have a conniption if they stopped the game and pulled him out, because he appeared to be concussed? Be honest.
    Nope. I’d be disappointed, but not a “conniption”.

The point is that a blanket comment that “Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans.” is pure silly hyperbole.

And as usual, someone makes a boneheaded stupid bumper sticker like comment, and won’t man up and admit that it was a boneheaded stupid bumper sticker like comment.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nope. I’d be disappointed, but not a “conniption”.

The point is that a blanket comment that “Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans.” is pure silly hyperbole.

And as usual, someone makes a boneheaded stupid bumper sticker like comment, and won’t man up and admit that it was a boneheaded stupid bumper sticker like comment.
    The NFLPA nor the NFL care about player safety, when it comes right down to it. What happened to Tua proves that point. Him, and likely the team doctors, faked their way through his "protocol" by using the "gross motor skill loss" BS.

What's supposed to, and what SHOULD happen, is when you see a guy with the symptoms Tua had (He had multiple visible symptoms of being concussed), he should be taken from the game immediately, and the protocol is supposed to be "he's out". Not "oh he passed our tests in 25 minutes and can play because he's fine".

The NFLPA screaming about it is a joke as well. As stated many times, NFL players don't care about the safety of other players. The recklessness in which they play shows that. The helmet to helmet hits on defenseless players, the low hits on QBs, the blind side blocks, etc, etc, etc.

It's not hyperbole, it's the truth. You can't honestly tell me you believe that the NFL and the NFLPA has the players' best interests in mind.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is my worry is that there will be an over reaction to all of this. IMO Tua's career is over, I don't care how many games he sits out. He's prone to concussions. He barely hit his head against the Bills. He'll get hit again and will be concussed.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Gutless NFL letting this blow over.

I guess they can pick and choose their spots. Insulting.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The NFLPA nor the NFL care about player safety, when it comes right down to it. What happened to Tua proves that point. Him, and likely the team doctors, faked their way through his "protocol" by using the "gross motor skill loss" BS.

What's supposed to, and what SHOULD happen, is when you see a guy with the symptoms Tua had (He had multiple visible symptoms of being concussed), he should be taken from the game immediately, and the protocol is supposed to be "he's out". Not "oh he passed our tests in 25 minutes and can play because he's fine".

The NFLPA screaming about it is a joke as well. As stated many times, NFL players don't care about the safety of other players. The recklessness in which they play shows that. The helmet to helmet hits on defenseless players, the low hits on QBs, the blind side blocks, etc, etc, etc.

It's not hyperbole, it's the truth. You can't honestly tell me you believe that the NFL and the NFLPA has the players' best interests in mind.
    Baloney.

I already said my piece. I don’t buy this argument...it's more hyperbole.