• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: Wow shots fired by cte guru on Dolphins

Looking at Dolphins boards, kind of sad how many are upset with the NFLPA for making a fuss out of it, like it's their fault for noticing and wanting answers to protect a player.

There would be people here that would do that with Allen also.

I don't understand it. The world has become an ignorant place, and knowledge is so easy to obtain. People see something with their own eyes, won't believe it, hear something way out there, and believe it as absolute truth.

So it goes.

Just hope Tua gets healthy and that doesn't happen again. It was horrible.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      So the UNC is the sacrificial lamb and not the team doctor? Maybe it’s just a case of the UNC was the one the PA could fire
      pretty much, looks like the league is going to blame the UNC and not address the problems with the testing rules.

In the video I posted it makes it clear that the UNC can only keep the player out of the game IF the team doctor agrees with him if the player passes the testing protocol in one special situation, if the team doctor believes the source of the instability to be "orthopedic" aka, back injury. So if the team doctor claims it was a back injury and the player passes the UNC's testing for concussion then the decision for tua to return is no longer to the UNC's choice, it's now the team doc's choice.

This just underlines what i original stated about the fin's taking Tua to the locker room. that was intentional. This bought tua the time needed to pass the UNC's concussion protocol, and for the fins to make the case for a back injury taking all the power away from the UNC. No longer could they keep him out of the game since the story was a back injury and tua passed the screening exam.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Still doesn’t really address the issue. They just want to ensure the most gross abuse of the system when a player is visually concussed to a viewer.

Such a sad state of affairs. Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Turf
            • Jul 2002

I'm afraid that even if Tua sits out 8 games, the next time his head hit's the turf he will have a similar reaction. I honestly think his NFL career is over.
            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              Still doesn’t really address the issue. They just want to ensure the most gross abuse of the system when a player is visually concussed to a viewer.

Such a sad state of affairs. Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans.
              It’s a bit of a stretch and gross hyperbole to say that "Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans”.

And, the NFL and NFLPA have responded with
              action that DOES start to “address the issue”

First the NFLPA (as is their sole right) have fired the independent doctor from the Miami - Bills game. That certainly sends a message to all the doctors.

More importantly, they have changed the protocol to
              that I (and others) have pointed out, in that if a player displays “gross motor instability”, as Albert Breer wrote....”If a player demonstrates gross motor instability that is determined by the team physician, in consultation with the UNC [the independent neurologist], to be neurologically caused, then the player is designated a No-Go.”.

Now, with agreement of both the NFL and NFLPA, that determination” of whether the “gross motor instability” is “neurologically caused” is now defunct.

NFL, NFLPA agree to parameters of updated concussion protocols

The NFL and NFL Players Association have agreed to parameters of updated concussion protocols that will rule out players who exhibit gross motor instability as Tua Tagovailoa did during the Dolphins' Week 3 game against the Bills, regardless of any possible contributing factors, sources informed of the talks told NFL.com on Saturday.

The agreement is subject to formal approval, including from the NFLPA's health and safety committee.

NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills told NFL Media on Sunday morning that the NFL's head, neck and spine committee and the NFLPA's Mackey-White health and safety committee are still in discussions about the final language and unintended consequences of the new protocol, but if approved, changes could take effect in Week 5.

Sills also emphasized that team physicians, unaffiliated neurotrauma consultants and certified athletic trainers will need to be educated about how to apply updated protocols to make sure it's consistent across the league before anything goes into effect.

In a joint statement on Saturday, the NFL and NFLPA said they both agree that changes are needed "to enhance player safety.”
              more...

After the investigations are completed, I suspect even more changes will be agreed to. As should be.

In any event, with the nationwide attention and angst the situation that has dominated the media, it is rather silly and hyperbolic to say that "
              Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans”.

A LOT of fans and teams care about player health as do both the NFL and the NFLPA.

Even the cynical view that the owners just care about money (which is not necessarily true) is silly because of the huge investment (guaranteed money that has to be put into escrow in most situations) precludes the dumb idea that “nobody give a **** about player safety"

Comment

• Mike13
                • Aug 2005

The NFL should be proactive instead of reactive

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                  It’s a bit of a stretch and gross hyperbole to say that "Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans”.

And, the NFL and NFLPA have responded with
                  action that DOES start to “address the issue”

First the NFLPA (as is their sole right) have fired the independent doctor from the Miami - Bills game. That certainly sends a message to all the doctors.

More importantly, they have changed the protocol to
                  that I (and others) have pointed out, in that if a player displays “gross motor instability”, as Albert Breer wrote....”If a player demonstrates gross motor instability that is determined by the team physician, in consultation with the UNC [the independent neurologist], to be neurologically caused, then the player is designated a No-Go.”.

Now, with agreement of both the NFL and NFLPA, that determination” of whether the “gross motor instability” is “neurologically caused” is now defunct.

NFL, NFLPA agree to parameters of updated concussion protocols

After the investigations are completed, I suspect even more changes will be agreed to. As should be.

In any event, with the nationwide attention and angst the situation that has dominated the media, it is rather silly and hyperbolic to say that "
                  Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans”.

A LOT of fans and teams care about player health as do both the NFL and the NFLPA.

Even the cynical view that the owners just care about money (which is not necessarily true) is silly because of the huge investment (guaranteed money that has to be put into escrow in most situations) precludes the dumb idea that “nobody give a **** about player safety"
                  Nobody gives a ****. If we did, this sport wouldn’t exist. I’m more guilty than most, when I say that given I’ve made money off this sport.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

Nobody gives a ****. If we did, this sport wouldn’t exist. I’m more guilty than most, when I say that given I’ve made money off this sport.
                    Nonsense.

Your hyperbole is plain silly.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans.
                      This is so true.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

The NFLPA whining about player safety while guys are launching themselves into opponents, and sometimes teammates head and neck area is a joke. The NFL players don't give a rats ass about safety, unless it's their own. The recklessness of the game proves that.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

If the NFL wanted to set an example they would forfeit the win.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                            If the NFL wanted to set an example they would forfeit the win.
                            They will never do that. Heavy fine and maybe a draft pick, tops.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                              Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              Looking at Dolphins boards, kind of sad how many are upset with the NFLPA for making a fuss out of it, like it's their fault for noticing and wanting answers to protect a player.

There would be people here that would do that with Allen also.

I don't understand it. The world has become an ignorant place, and knowledge is so easy to obtain. People see something with their own eyes, won't believe it, hear something way out there, and believe it as absolute truth.

So it goes.

Just hope Tua gets healthy and that doesn't happen again. It was horrible.
                              I think Tua is a crisis actor, trying to get football taken away from us.

Comment

• notacon
                                • Aug 2012

Saying "Nobody gives a **** about player safety.” is like saying that ‘ALL Republicans are racists’

D
                                raft boy is an admitted life long Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X