Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow shots fired by cte guru on Dolphins

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Wow shots fired by cte guru on Dolphins

All of the bantering about the back injury....did they ever consider he may have had a back injury and a concussion?

And that would be the exact tunnel vision that defines the reason why the Dolphins are the wrong party to be evaluating the player for the concussion -- and why the NFL is at fault as a whole.

The lawyers are going to sue the Dolphins too of course. That is a fishing expedition.

No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds. zone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Anyone that watched that game knew that he was concussed and the fact that they let him back in the game was criminal. This is what happens when availability is valued above all else.

3. Post thanked by:

Night Train (09-30-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    All of the bantering about the back injury....did they ever consider he may have had a back injury and a concussion?

And that would be the exact tunnel vision that defines the reason why the Dolphins are the wrong party to be evaluating the player for the concussion -- and why the NFL is at fault as a whole.

The lawyers are going to sue the Dolphins too of course. That is a fishing expedition.
    re: back injury.

I’ve hurt my back and know many that suffer from back issues (yeah old)

back injury or aggravation. Obvious pain especially from supine to upright. Tua popped right to his feet and slightly raised his arms toward his head , took a few steps and shook his head. (No sign of back pain) he wasn’t limited in getting upright and never touched his back.

he took a few steps , collapsed to a knee and effortlessly rose to feet again (no back issue)… a few more steps then fell backward into linemen… all of this was motor issues and head related.

zero back signs.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Thanked 4,330 Times in 2,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

just had a former player send me this youtube link, interesting stuff. this doctor has some new stuff here. first of all he shows how tua's fencing response actually happened on Sunday, and he explains how tua was cleared to return on Sunday due to the dolphins gaming the concussion rules using a little known loophole in the rules to get him back on the field.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 10-01-2022 at 04:22 AM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

7. Post thanked by:

John Doe (10-01-2022),Mike13 (10-02-2022)

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post

just had a former player send me this youtube link, interesting stuff. this doctor has some new stuff here. first of all he shows how tua's fencing response actually happened on Sunday, and he explains how tua was cleared to return on Sunday due to the dolphins gaming the concussion rules using a little known loophole in the rules to get him back on the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

10. Post thanked by:

Mike13 (10-01-2022),YardRat (10-01-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 6,083 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The investigation

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    aren't they the ones who started the investigation?
    The stakes are raised considerably. The possibility of internal politics, P.R., and labor-management relations nudging the investigation one way or the other must be acknowledged — and completely ignored when sifting through the evidence. All parties need to be committed to getting to the truth, no matter the potential consequences.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
    163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Thanks
    Thanked 4,505 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post

Great video. Thanks for posting it.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So the UNC is the sacrificial lamb and not the team doctor? Maybe it’s just a case of the UNC was the one the PA could fire

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,468 Times in 9,174 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Looking at Dolphins boards, kind of sad how many are upset with the NFLPA for making a fuss out of it, like it's their fault for noticing and wanting answers to protect a player.

There would be people here that would do that with Allen also.

I don't understand it. The world has become an ignorant place, and knowledge is so easy to obtain. People see something with their own eyes, won't believe it, hear something way out there, and believe it as absolute truth.

So it goes.

Just hope Tua gets healthy and that doesn't happen again. It was horrible.

15. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-01-2022),DraftBoy (10-02-2022),Ingtar33 (10-01-2022),Jaydog57 (10-02-2022),Mike13 (10-02-2022),YardRat (10-01-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,330 Times in 2,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    So the UNC is the sacrificial lamb and not the team doctor? Maybe it’s just a case of the UNC was the one the PA could fire
    pretty much, looks like the league is going to blame the UNC and not address the problems with the testing rules.

In the video I posted it makes it clear that the UNC can only keep the player out of the game IF the team doctor agrees with him if the player passes the testing protocol in one special situation, if the team doctor believes the source of the instability to be "orthopedic" aka, back injury. So if the team doctor claims it was a back injury and the player passes the UNC's testing for concussion then the decision for tua to return is no longer to the UNC's choice, it's now the team doc's choice.

This just underlines what i original stated about the fin's taking Tua to the locker room. that was intentional. This bought tua the time needed to pass the UNC's concussion protocol, and for the fins to make the case for a back injury taking all the power away from the UNC. No longer could they keep him out of the game since the story was a back injury and tua passed the screening exam.

17. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-01-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

19. Post thanked by:

Night Train (10-02-2022),YardRat (10-01-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Still doesn’t really address the issue. They just want to ensure the most gross abuse of the system when a player is visually concussed to a viewer.

Such a sad state of affairs. Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

21. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-02-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,480 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm afraid that even if Tua sits out 8 games, the next time his head hit's the turf he will have a similar reaction. I honestly think his NFL career is over.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 7,705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Still doesn’t really address the issue. They just want to ensure the most gross abuse of the system when a player is visually concussed to a viewer.

Such a sad state of affairs. Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans.
    It’s a bit of a stretch and gross hyperbole to say that "Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans”.

And, the NFL and NFLPA have responded with
    action that DOES start to “address the issue”

First the NFLPA (as is their sole right) have fired the independent doctor from the Miami - Bills game. That certainly sends a message to all the doctors.

More importantly, they have changed the protocol to
    that I (and others) have pointed out, in that if a player displays “gross motor instability”, as Albert Breer wrote....”If a player demonstrates gross motor instability that is determined by the team physician, in consultation with the UNC [the independent neurologist], to be neurologically caused, then the player is designated a No-Go.”.

Now, with agreement of both the NFL and NFLPA, that determination” of whether the “gross motor instability” is “neurologically caused” is now defunct.

NFL, NFLPA agree to parameters of updated concussion protocols

The NFL and NFL Players Association have agreed to parameters of updated concussion protocols that will rule out players who exhibit gross motor instability as Tua Tagovailoa did during the Dolphins' Week 3 game against the Bills, regardless of any possible contributing factors, sources informed of the talks told NFL.com on Saturday.

The agreement is subject to formal approval, including from the NFLPA's health and safety committee.

NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills told NFL Media on Sunday morning that the NFL's head, neck and spine committee and the NFLPA's Mackey-White health and safety committee are still in discussions about the final language and unintended consequences of the new protocol, but if approved, changes could take effect in Week 5.

Sills also emphasized that team physicians, unaffiliated neurotrauma consultants and certified athletic trainers will need to be educated about how to apply updated protocols to make sure it's consistent across the league before anything goes into effect.

In a joint statement on Saturday, the NFL and NFLPA said they both agree that changes are needed "to enhance player safety.”
    more...

After the investigations are completed, I suspect even more changes will be agreed to. As should be.

In any event, with the nationwide attention and angst the situation that has dominated the media, it is rather silly and hyperbolic to say that "
    Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans”.

A LOT of fans and teams care about player health as do both the NFL and the NFLPA.

Even the cynical view that the owners just care about money (which is not necessarily true) is silly because of the huge investment (guaranteed money that has to be put into escrow in most situations) precludes the dumb idea that “nobody give a **** about player safety"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,062 Times in 1,998 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The NFL should be proactive instead of reactive

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    It’s a bit of a stretch and gross hyperbole to say that "Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans”.

And, the NFL and NFLPA have responded with
    action that DOES start to “address the issue”

First the NFLPA (as is their sole right) have fired the independent doctor from the Miami - Bills game. That certainly sends a message to all the doctors.

More importantly, they have changed the protocol to
    that I (and others) have pointed out, in that if a player displays “gross motor instability”, as Albert Breer wrote....”If a player demonstrates gross motor instability that is determined by the team physician, in consultation with the UNC [the independent neurologist], to be neurologically caused, then the player is designated a No-Go.”.

Now, with agreement of both the NFL and NFLPA, that determination” of whether the “gross motor instability” is “neurologically caused” is now defunct.

NFL, NFLPA agree to parameters of updated concussion protocols

After the investigations are completed, I suspect even more changes will be agreed to. As should be.

In any event, with the nationwide attention and angst the situation that has dominated the media, it is rather silly and hyperbolic to say that "
    Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans”.

A LOT of fans and teams care about player health as do both the NFL and the NFLPA.

Even the cynical view that the owners just care about money (which is not necessarily true) is silly because of the huge investment (guaranteed money that has to be put into escrow in most situations) precludes the dumb idea that “nobody give a **** about player safety"
    Nobody gives a ****. If we did, this sport wouldn’t exist. I’m more guilty than most, when I say that given I’ve made money off this sport.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 7,705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nobody gives a ****. If we did, this sport wouldn’t exist. I’m more guilty than most, when I say that given I’ve made money off this sport.
    Nonsense.

Your hyperbole is plain silly.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,009 Times in 4,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nobody gives a **** about player safety. Not the league, PA, teams or fans.
    This is so true.