Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dolphins failed Tua Tagovailoa. Will any change come of it?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,333 Times in 2,072 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The Dolphins failed Tua Tagovailoa. Will any change come of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    Are there neurologists on individual teams or is it just the Unaffiliated neurologist?
    Because a general practitioner is probably going to listen to what the Neurologist tells him.
    there are 3, one in the booth, one on each sideline.

the protocol demands players showing motor instability, to be taken directly to the sideline doc, unless they need to go to the hospital. the Fins intentionally violated the concussion protocol by rushing Tua to the locker room. this bought them extra time (as much as 5-15 minutes) for Tua to clear his head before seeing the neurologists.

the fins then took the decision out of the UNC's hands by having their doctor claim it was a back injury. With Tua passing the concussion test, and the team doctor claiming it was a back injury, the UNC no longer had the power to keep Tua out of the game, and the dolphins team doctor now had the power to make the call.

I believe this was entirely intentional. This wasn't just about the Bills, the Dolphins had a Thursday night game too. had Tua been ruled out of the bills game with a concussion he NEVER would have got out of the NFL concussion protocol before the Thursday game. It was vital for everyone involved to continue the back injury story after the game. had the story changed, Tua would have been ruled out of the Bengals game immediately.

So this is how we got here.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

2. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-01-2022),John Doe (10-01-2022),YardRat (10-01-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,478 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cntrygal View Post
    When someone has bounced their brain around, they're not supposed to make "important decisions".
    And they probably shouldn’t be watching a movie at 30k ft. He shouldn’t have been allowed to fly at all that night…wtf are they doing to that poor kid…

4. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-01-2022)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,864 Times in 4,339 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The unaffiliated neurotrauma consultant involved in clearing Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa during Sunday's game against the Bills has been fired after it was found he made "several mistakes" in his evaluation, according to ESPN and multiple reports.