The Dolphins failed Tua Tagovailoa. Will any change come of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Dolphins failed Tua Tagovailoa. Will any change come of it?

Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mace View Post
      They need to follow their protocol, and I don't care if we were playing them. Reminded me of Shanahan playing Griffin on a wobbly knee that looked terrible, but this is a brain and his body responding to further injury was horrible this last game. I find it real hard to believe he's just mildly concussed and dandy for the next round.
      That Griffin thing really pissed me off, I would have fired Shanahan immediately.

Tua must be kept out no matter what he declares.

That organization must pay period.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Mike13
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Cntrygal View Post

Are there neurologists on individual teams or is it just the Unaffiliated neurologist?
        Because a general practitioner is probably going to listen to what the Neurologist tells him.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mike13 View Post
          Are there neurologists on individual teams or is it just the Unaffiliated neurologist?
          Because a general practitioner is probably going to listen to what the Neurologist tells him.
          Dude got fired

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

There are three in the stadium for every game. One for each team on their sideline, and one in the booth.

Miami very simply ignored the protocol from the beginning, intentionally, and fubared the system the rest of the way.

More than just the one UNC should end up losing their job over this, a few in the Dolphins organization should be unemployed within the next couple of weeks, and the team should be heavily fined and penalized even more draft choices.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

there are 3, one in the booth, one on each sideline.

the protocol demands players showing motor instability, to be taken directly to the sideline doc, unless they need to go to the hospital. the Fins intentionally violated the concussion protocol by rushing Tua to the locker room. this bought them extra time (as much as 5-15 minutes) for Tua to clear his head before seeing the neurologists.

the fins then took the decision out of the UNC's hands by having their doctor claim it was a back injury. With Tua passing the concussion test, and the team doctor claiming it was a back injury, the UNC no longer had the power to keep Tua out of the game, and the dolphins team doctor now had the power to make the call.

I believe this was entirely intentional. This wasn't just about the Bills, the Dolphins had a Thursday night game too. had Tua been ruled out of the bills game with a concussion he NEVER would have got out of the NFL concussion protocol before the Thursday game. It was vital for everyone involved to continue the back injury story after the game. had the story changed, Tua would have been ruled out of the Bengals game immediately.

So this is how we got here.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Cntrygal View Post
                When someone has bounced their brain around, they're not supposed to make "important decisions".
                And they probably shouldn’t be watching a movie at 30k ft. He shouldn’t have been allowed to fly at all that night…wtf are they doing to that poor kid…

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

The unaffiliated neurotrauma consultant involved in clearing Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa during Sunday's game against the Bills has been fired after it was found he made "several mistakes" in his evaluation, according to ESPN and multiple reports.

Comment

Working...
                  X