• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Steelers expected to move forward with rookie Kenny Pickett

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    Lived there for six years (Scott township) and steeler fans are the most insufferable fan base I have personally lived with.

nothing makes me cheer with glee more than a steeler loss and them struggling
    and that includes the afc east rivals

they are literally a blocked PAT attempt from being 0 and 4, and I could not be happier for their complete ****ing misery.

i hope we beat them into the next decade

in case you can’t figure it out, I do not like the Steelers
    So you enjoyed your time there and endeared yourself to the locals, I see.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
      Lived there for six years (Scott township) and steeler fans are the most insufferable fan base I have personally lived with.

nothing makes me cheer with glee more than a steeler loss and them struggling
      and that includes the afc east rivals

they are literally a blocked PAT attempt from being 0 and 4, and I could not be happier for their complete ****ing misery.

i hope we beat them into the next decade

in case you can’t figure it out, I do not like the Steelers
      It's because they're spoiled. I've been watching football for well over 30 years. In that time period, the Steelers have generally been very good. Even when they're "bad", they're like 7-9 for one year and then right back in the playoffs the next year. They don't have seasons with 5 wins or less. They don't have multi-year playoff droughts.

Because of this, their fans feel entitled to wins.

The two worst fan bases are Steelers fans and Patriots "fans", especially Pats fans who are too young to remember how awful they were pre-Bledsoe.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I expect our D front 7 to move forward towards him Sunday...quite often.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

The one thing the Steelers have going for them is their owner, the Rooney's seems to have just the right touch. They have enough football IQ to push for a QB like Roethlisberger when the scouting and coaching staff thought otherwise, yet they are not overbearing on every decision like Jerry Jones /Jimmy Haslam is doing.

We are into early Pegula's reign as Bills owner. They seems to be relying completely on the GM/HC type. It is well known that Terry really liked Mahomes but when Whaley and scouting department didn't want to go with it, he deferred to McDermott. So the critical things is for the Pegula's to have good GM/HC in place, kind of like the Ravens model.
          Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 10-05-2022, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• Kaziganth
            One Now
            • Mar 2018

Interesting analysis of Pickett's first NFL game from a post on a Steelers Fan Forum:

negative are....
            - Kenny first throw was just an error. so move on. Big Ben second pass an interception to open field.
            - Claypool is open a good bit. was he afraid to throw to Claypool? because Kenny sees Claypool open several times
            - Kenny toss back to warren was on Kenny
            - He reads the field great majority of the time. but lacked reading the field a few plays.

positive. there is a lot. For someone who had 10 minutes to prepare and did not practice with the first team for those 10 days. this was impressive. honestly because of that I give him an 9 out of ten. and without that, I give him an 8 out of ten.
            - made some throws that veterans cannot make.
            - leads the ball
            - not afraid to take a hit.
            - not afraid to take a run where he just goes for it. he doesn't try to play games of dancing around.
            - 65 yards was the distance of the hail marry.gets the ball out fast
            - scans the field
            - rarely gets locked in on a target
            - not a single 3 and out. which Trubisky ranked 31 with most 3 and outs. So now our defense can get some rest.
            Last edited by Kaziganth; 10-05-2022, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X