• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Opposing passers avoiding Bills rookie Kaiir Elam

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
    Opposing QBs may want to test Tre White for a few games after he comes back to see if he really has his legs under him and his confidence.
    Exactly!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      Didn’t Bedford start in Titans game? Naturally Elam wasn’t targeted much
      Irrelevent.

Elam got 66% of the defensive snaps against Tennessee.

In fact, of the main three CB players Elam has had the most so far this season.....

Kaiir Elam - 75.85%
      Dane Jackson - 66.95%
      Christian Benford - 46.19%

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
        • Aug 2004

He's a rookie and has a LONG way to go. I like his attitude. You can bet KC will target him.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Yeah they went right at him yesterday. Something like 10 completions on 13 attempts for 120+ yards.

He shouldn't be happy at all.

I like his attitude.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Yeah they went right at him yesterday. Something like 10 completions on 13 attempts for 120+ yards.

I like his attitude.
            It wouldn't surprise me to hear that he's already talked/watched the film with Tre.
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

A little odd to see Benford significantly ahead of Elam early on pre-injury. I’m assuming that since Elam is traditionally a physical CB he’ll need more time to adjust to the NFL level. The INT should be a confidence booster even with the down day.

He’ll get better.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                A little odd to see Benford significantly ahead of Elam early on pre-injury. I’m assuming that since Elam is traditionally a physical CB he’ll need more time to adjust to the NFL level. The INT should be a confidence booster even with the down day.

He’ll get better.
                Benford played in a zone scheme in college and Elam played man. Elam's still learning.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                  Benford played in a zone scheme in college and Elam played man. Elam's still learning.
                  Benford was considered among the rawest of CB’s in the draft with high upside due to his size and athleticism. Also Florida ran zone coverage concepts as well. They weren’t in man coverage only 100% of the time.

We don’t have to make up excuses for why our first round pick in year 1 is behind our other pick. Just enjoy the embarrassment of riches.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Elam got picked on a bit yesterday, but it really didn't matter. He also had a nice INT. He's been playing well the past few games, but obviously has a lot to work on. It's nice to have him learning, while they have the benefit of it not costing them, game wise. Yet.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Benford was considered among the rawest of CB’s in the draft with high upside due to his size and athleticism. Also Florida ran zone coverage concepts as well. They weren’t in man coverage only 100% of the time.

We don’t have to make up excuses for why our first round pick in year 1 is behind our other pick. Just enjoy the embarrassment of riches.
                      If it's a made up excuse, then it's made up by the team. Frasier has commented a few times on how much press man Elam played at Florida and how raw he was with off coverages and the nuances of zone concepts because "he didn't do a lot of (that) at Florida".
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                        Elam got picked on a bit yesterday, but it really didn't matter. He also had a nice INT. He's been playing well the past few games, but obviously has a lot to work on. It's nice to have him learning, while they have the benefit of it not costing them, game wise. Yet.
                        It's all relative. It didn't matter because it was a blowout. He is said to "play well" in the Ravens game because Lamar does not throw to outside in general. To imply that opposition QBs afraid of throwing to Elam's direction because he's play well is just ... I rest my case. BTW, Sunday was Pickett, rookie QB on his first NFL game .

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                          It's all relative. It didn't matter because it was a blowout. He is said to "play well" in the Ravens game because Lamar does not throw to outside in general. To imply that opposition QBs afraid of throwing to Elam's direction because he's play well is just ... I rest my case. BTW, Sunday was Pickett, rookie QB on his first NFL game .
                          Thanks, I was aware that it was Pickett's first game. He also has 2 major outside weapons in Pickens and Johnson.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

I like his attitude.
                            I remember seeing this about Elam’s interview with the Bills. They asked him a boilerplate question about where he thinks he needs to show improvement in his game.

And he pulls out a freakin’ notebook where he “wrote down everything I did wrong...”

Holy crap!!!!

Yeah....I like his attitude and I’m sure the Bills do too.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

If it's a made up excuse, then it's made up by the team. Frasier has commented a few times on how much press man Elam played at Florida and how raw he was with off coverages and the nuances of zone concepts because "he didn't do a lot of (that) at Florida".
                              Goes double if it’s a coach statement to the media.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
                                Well, lookie here...
                                • Dec 2004

Goes double if it’s a coach statement to the media.
                                No, it pretty much renders your statement meaningless. It's ridiculous to minimize what training and experience these kids have leading up to the step up. Draft position may become moot as soon as the pads are put on for the first time, but the resume' is still relevant.
                                YardRat Wall of Fame
                                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                                X