Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone here says a Steelers upset depends on if the defense can slow down Allen

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Everyone here says a Steelers upset depends on if the defense can slow down Allen

But I feel their chance is on Pickett throwing deep balls, jump ball to the outside. Their running game with that offense is not really that great, mainly due to their line. As such, relying on the rookie QB to drive down the field consistently is difficult. But Pickett will be willing to throw deep balls if he sees one-on-one coverage, even if the WR is not that open. Our secondary is still probably the weakest area of our D. They do have Claypool, Pickens, Johnson.

The Steelers under Mitch averaged shy of 20 points a game. I actually feel even with a rookie, they are going to top that number this Sunday.

One Now
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Everyone here says a Steelers upset depends on if the defense can slow down Allen

I agree. If Pickett can get lucky with some big plays (with no negative consequences) then it becomes a shootout. I think the Bills can still win in that situation, but it certainly makes it more difficult and some bad bounces/calls/etc. against the Bills could result in a Steelers win. Again, if Pickett takes some chances and those risks payoff without any big turnovers that is.

3. Post thanked by:

Oaf (10-07-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,098 Times in 3,577 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Everyone here says a Steelers upset depends on if the defense can slow down Allen

The Bills will confuse the **** out of Pickett and get him to throw at ton of INTs. On the flip side, Josh will carve up their defense.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziganth View Post
    I agree. If Pickett can get lucky with some big plays (with no negative consequences) then it becomes a shootout. I think the Bills can still win in that situation, but it certainly makes it more difficult and some bad bounces/calls/etc. against the Bills could result in a Steelers win. Again, if Pickett takes some chances and those risks payoff without any big turnovers that is.
    We might give up some plays, but I think our corners will challenge. I'm worried about Jaquan Johnson in the middle and getting eaten up by Friermuth.

Bills 30-24

Thanks
    Thanked 7,622 Times in 6,172 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How is he playing on his back?
    FSU WR K. Coleman #33
    Utah DB C. Bishop #60
    Duke DT D. Carter #95
    Kentucky RB R.Davis #128
    Georgia C S.VanPran-Granger #141
    Washington LB Edefuan Ulofoshio #160
    Troy DE J.Solomon #168
    UCF OT T.Grable #204
    Penn ST. CB D.Hardy #219
    England OT T.Clayton #221

Thanks
    Thanked 11,720 Times in 7,773 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If TJ Watt was playing there would be a better chance of “slow(ing) down Allen”.

I don’t think they would be able to, but without him, on the road, the chances they will come close too slowing the Bills offense down is between slim and none.

Maybe Pickett can do some magic, but it’s doubtful.

The Bills are the 2nd stingiest defense allowing only 58 points, only 14.5 per game. And that was against teams much better than the Steelers.

But, hey, the Pittsburgh faithful have to hang on to something.

8. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (10-07-2022),Mace (10-07-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,198 Times in 5,923 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

For “Nose” to get a chance to chuck it deep he’s gonna need time which his line will not afford him.

Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer POTLAND PSILBYLO's Avatar
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: Mandy Pepperidge
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,833 Times in 3,361 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Steelers fans will be upset

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,495 Times in 9,190 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I kind of don't really see Pickett being that good at this point in his young career, he's just a better maybe than Trubisky, who is honestly not that good. But Trubisky looked good here....well, 6 of 8 for 75 yards and an INT doesn't really show you more than his stats as a starter.

Without insult to the Steelers, who are regrouping this season to some extent, a Steelers upset will depend on mistake free football and a Bills catastrophe.

It shouldn't happen, if it does, well there's good reason to yell and swear about the Bills.

12. Post thanked by:

Novacane (10-07-2022)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,925 Times in 4,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If the Bills can generate a pass rush the Steelers don’t have a chance.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,432 Times in 7,296 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    We might give up some plays, but I think our corners will challenge. I'm worried about Jaquan Johnson in the middle and getting eaten up by Friermuth.

Bills 30-24
    If our defense gives up 24 points to that offense they've had a terrible day.

15. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-07-2022),Mace (10-08-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,622 Times in 6,172 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post

It'll happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,432 Times in 7,296 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A Steelers upset depends on the Bills totally taking them for granted and beating themselves.

18. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-07-2022),Mace (10-08-2022),YardRat (10-07-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is your classic trap game and how the Steelers always seem to luck out against us. But if Dorsey doesn't pull a Daboll, we win easily.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Any chance of a Pittsburgh victory is impacted by the degree to which the Bills are hampered by injury. Buffalo's starting defensive backfield is again Dane Jackson, Kaiir Elam, Damar Hamlin and Jaquan Johnson. In addition, Oliver, Phillips and Edmunds are all questionable. On offense, Buffalo will be without Knox and Crowder. McKenzie is questionable (though I'm guessing he'll play). Gabe Davis will play, but we don't know if his ankle is still bothering him.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

21. Post thanked by:

YardRat (10-07-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    I hope the Bills prove me wrong, but from I saw of Pickett as a Steeler and at Pitt, the guy has the knack of getting the ball out in time or scramble running. He didn't take any sacks against Jets in the 2nd half whereas Trubiski took 3 in the first half. Jets D line is pretty stout. He does throw picks, at Pitt and evidently as a Steeler.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tell the people there that it is recommended they start doing butthole stretching exercises now otherwise the Bills will be making a mess of them.

51-17 Bills

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

“Got a Booger” might shoot for the “Fences” but only if his “Line” holds. Bills will be “Up” by a big margin

all out of Pickett jokes.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    “Got a Booger” might shoot for the “Fences” but only if his “Line” holds. Bills will be “Up” by a big margin

all out of Pickett jokes.

You oily bastard.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Me oily? What about a “family” that hires a Jewish lawyer as a consigliere?
    one with a Law degree from Nova Scotia U?