Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1 Seed

Thanks
    Thanked 11,636 Times in 7,706 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 1 Seed

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Bomber View Post
    I, for one, am enjoying this season so far. I’m enjoying the journey. I’ve been a Bills fan for 58 years, and have PTSD as a result. However, this is one of the best Bills teams I’ve seen, and I’m going to keep enjoying this season and not frame it in the failures of the past.
    +1

Since we are exactly the same age (old farts 67), we have similar experiences. Much different than the youngsters here.

Like me, I’m sure you remember the two Bills AFL Championships!!!! The first one, played in Buffalo on December 26th, 1964 (we were nine years old), my dad took our crappy 19” B&W TV into the attic, attached some tin foil to the built in antennas so we could grab the signal from Erie, PA.

It was cold (since the attic as not insulated as most homes) but we cheered on Jack Kemp, Cookie Gilchrist and Wray Carlton as they beat San Diego 20-7.

You are 100% correct, this Bills team one of the best ever. When they win a Super Bowl they WILL be THE best.

Enjoying the ride!!!

2. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (10-23-2022),imbondz (11-06-2022),Mace (11-04-2022),Mad Bomber (10-23-2022),sukie (10-23-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 6,083 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Bomber View Post
    I, for one, am enjoying this season so far. I’m enjoying the journey. I’ve been a Bills fan for 58 years, and have PTSD as a result. However, this is one of the best Bills teams I’ve seen, and I’m going to keep enjoying this season and not frame it in the failures of the past.
    This one is fun!!!!

Just enjoy it!

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
    163 **189 **200 **204 **248

4. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (11-04-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    Don't fret. The original poster isn't that bright. The post is so stupid. It's exactly like saying "hey the Sabres are 3-1 and are going to win the Stanley Cup.

I guess dumb threads help pay the bills here.
    It’s so funny to watch lame insults (and a thinly veiled direct TOS violation attack on me....what, are you too cowardly to say my name when flinging your poop like a caged monkey in the zoo????....instead, lamely resorting to “the original poster isn’t that bright” bullcrap????...Jesus.....at least stand tall like a man when you fling your ****) and faulty logic and projecting “dumb” posts with a “dumb” post.

First of all, the Bills are in prime position to get the #1 seed. The betting markets cetitnaly agree where the Bills are HUGE favorite to do so.

The odds to be the #1 seed in the AFC today are....

Bills - +275.....and far behind is....
    KC - +600
    Baltimore - +750

Tennessee, last year’s #1 is way down the list at #9 with +1800.

With the Bills already beating each of these three present leaders in each division besides the AFC East (and the two most favored behind the Bills), they hold a strong grip on getting the #1. Does not mean that they will, but it certainly looks very possible if not probable (at least to one with a shred of intellectual honesty).

Last season, after seven games, Tennessee (after a huge win vs KC) were in the #1 seed position (albeit only by tie breakers....they were tied with two other teams at 5-2 record) was the favorite for the #1 seed. And, yes, they got it.

You can certainly disagree with my (and a LOT of other people) projection of the possibility of getting the #1 seed....I don't give a flying ****...

BUT, what is so puzzling is that your lame attempt to refute my (and a LOT of other people, including most professional NFL analysts) is the only point you bring up to show that my original post was “so stupid” is comparing the NHL EIGHTY TWO game season with the NFL’s seventeen games.

After just 4 games, the Sabres have competed only 4.8% of the season.

The Bills with they 5-1 start, have competed 35% of their season.

Besides the fact that head-to-head tie breaker is the most important in determining playoff seeding, and the Bills already have that advantage over three of the teams that are expected to compete.

And getting the #1 seed is NOT comparable to “winning the Stanley Cup”.

I mean, talk about a “stupid post”.....using 4.8% of the NHL season as a comparison to the Bills chances of getting the #1 seed, is stupid “logic” on steroids!!!
    Last edited by notacon; 10-24-2022 at 05:15 AM.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,009 Times in 4,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I have never, ever, expected a win every week. This year, I fully expect the Bills to win, every week. I know they won't, there's a reason only one team ever managed to go undefeated. It's impossible. But, even in earlier Josh Allen years, there were weeks that I did not expect a win vs the higher echelon teams. Now, The Bills are that echelon. Watching the entire rest of the league STINK yesterday reaffirmed this. The Jets STINK. Dolphins? STINK. Browns? STINK. Packers? STINK. You know where I'm going with this.

7. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (11-04-2022),notacon (10-24-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I have never, ever, expected a win every week. This year, I fully expect the Bills to win, every week. I know they won't, there's a reason only one team ever managed to go undefeated. It's impossible. But, even in earlier Josh Allen years, there were weeks that I did not expect a win vs the higher echelon teams. Now, The Bills are that echelon. Watching the entire rest of the league STINK yesterday reaffirmed this. The Jets STINK. Dolphins? STINK. Browns? STINK. Packers? STINK. You know where I'm going with this.
    It’s fairly obvious that this season (so far) there are three really good teams, Buffalo, KC and Philly, and the rest of the league is mired in the gutter.

Cincy is the one team that may rise above the ****. The bad thing for them is that they went 4-3 with the easy part of their schedule.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

CBS Sports Jordan Dajani takes on the predictions of the playoff seeding at close to the half way point in the NFL seaaon....

NFL playoff picture for Week 9, predicting final seeding: Ravens take advantage of remaining schedule

Also, the Jets are predicted to miss the playoffs after their hot start to the season

The 2022 NFL season is flying by, and it's about time we start talking about the playoff picture. It feels like just yesterday we were debating if the Kansas City Chiefs were still the best team in the AFC, and who would be the first head coach fired. Much has transpired in eight weeks of the regular season.

There's still so much to figure out, however. When will the Philadelphia Eagles lose their first game? Who are the top dogs in the NFC West and NFC South? And can Tom Brady turn the Tampa Bay Buccaneers around? With the trade deadline now in the rearview mirror, this seems like the perfect time to try and predict the playoff seeding following the conclusion of the regular season. Let's take a look at what the playoff picture could look like in a few months.

AFC Playoff Picture
    CURRENT AFC SEEDING FINAL AFC SEEDING
    1. Buffalo Bills (AFC East) 1. Buffalo Bills (AFC East)
    2. Tennessee Titans (AFC South) 2. Kansas City Chiefs (AFC West)
    3. Kansas City Chiefs (AFC West) 3. Baltimore Ravens (AFC North)
    4. Baltimore Ravens (AFC North) 4. Tennessee Titans (AFC South)
    5. New York Jets 5. Miami Dolphins
    6. Miami Dolphins 6. New England Patriots
    7. Los Angeles Chargers 7. Los Angeles Chargers

The top dogs

Interestingly enough, I have the teams that currently lead their respective divisions in the AFC winning them. However, I do have the Titans dropping down to the four seed.

Most will probably agree that the Bills, Chiefs and Titans win their divisions. As for the Ravens, it's true that their defense has struggled, but I really like the Roquan Smith addition. Per Tankathon, the Ravens have the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL.

The wild cards
    I have the Dolphins making the playoffs. Tua Tagovailoa has the highest passer rating in the NFL, Jaylen Waddle and Tyreek Hill are a dynamic duo and then the front office went out and acquired pass-rusher Bradley Chubb at the trade deadline. This team is all-in, and I think they have yet to play their best ball. While the Patriots have one of the tougher remaining schedules in the NFL, Rhamondre Stevenson has quickly become one of the best running backs in the league, and the defense is solid. Mac Jones has not played well up to this point, but I expect him to improve. I'm also excited about rookie wideout Tyquan Thornton. I don't have New England as a legitimate contender, but it could usurp the rival Jets in the playoff picture.

I have the Chargers holding onto their current playoff spot when it's all said and done, although they have been disappointing to this point. L.A. was on a three-game win streak before the Week 7 loss to the Seattle Seahawks, and is now coming off its bye. Maybe Brandon Staley's squad has a strong second half of the season. The Jets, Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns are three other teams I'm keeping an eye on.

More….
    Very interesting analysis. The only surprises are Cincy not making the playoffs at all, and both Miami and NE grabbing wildcard spots. But it’s very easy to see exactly that happening.

Baring any crippling injuries, it is hard to argue that Buffalo, Baltimore, Tennessee and Kansas City do NOT win their respective divisions. That leaves the wild cards up for grabs.

It’s difficult to project the Bills NOT getting the #1 seed.

For the record, here is the NFC predictions....

NFC Playoff Picture
    CURRENT NFC SEEDING FINAL NFC SEEDING
    1. Philadelphia Eagles (NFC East) 1. Philadelphia Eagles (NFC East)
    2. Minnesota Vikings (NFC North) 2. Minnesota Vikings (NFC North)
    3. Seattle Seahawks (NFC West) 3. San Francisco 49ers (NFC West)
    4. Atlanta Falcons (NFC South) 4. New Orleans Saints (NFC South)
    5. Dallas Cowboys 5. Dallas Cowboys
    6. New York Giants 6. Seattle Seahawks
    7. San Francisco 49ers 7. New York Giants

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,471 Times in 9,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's fun to be the #1 seed in the now, like it's fun to be undefeated, or be on top of division, same like it's fun to win a game and get a week of happy. Doesn't mean you "know" it will last forever, it's just simple fun in the moment you can enjoy for the sake of enjoying something instead of being miserable about yet another thing in day to day life.

11. Post thanked by:

Buffalogic (11-04-2022),Mad Bomber (11-04-2022),Margarita (11-06-2022),YardRat (11-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,900 Times in 3,466 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    CBS Sports Jordan Dajani takes on the predictions of the playoff seeding at close to the half way point in the NFL seaaon....

NFL playoff picture for Week 9, predicting final seeding: Ravens take advantage of remaining schedule

Also, the Jets are predicted to miss the playoffs after their hot start to the season

Very interesting analysis. The only surprises are Cincy not making the playoffs at all, and both Miami and NE grabbing wildcard spots. But it’s very easy to see exactly that happening.

Baring any crippling injuries, it is hard to argue that Buffalo, Baltimore, Tennessee and Kansas City do NOT win their respective divisions. That leaves the wild cards up for grabs.

It’s difficult to project the Bills NOT getting the #1 seed.

For the record, here is the NFC predictions....
    The Patriots could win their next 2...and then lose out to finish 7-10. In fact I think that is more likely than that they make the playoffs. Their OL is in shambles, the QB has been semi ruined by incompetent coaching, their receivers are just meh, and they cannot defend against a running QB. I like Cincy to make the postseason ahead of them and I think they will end NE's chances directly on 12/24.

13. Post thanked by:

Mace (11-04-2022),notacon (11-04-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It's fun to be the #1 seed in the now, like it's fun to be undefeated, or be on top of division, same like it's fun to win a game and get a week of happy. Doesn't mean you "know" it will last forever, it's just simple fun in the moment you can enjoy for the sake of enjoying something instead of being miserable about yet another thing in day to day life.
    No-one said that they ""know" it will last forever”. Just like no-one “knows” that their marriage will last forever. So what???

What I DID say was "It’s difficult to project the Bills NOT getting the #1 seed."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    The Patriots could win their next 2...and then lose out to finish 7-10. In fact I think that is more likely than that they make the playoffs. Their OL is in shambles, the QB has been semi ruined by incompetent coaching, their receivers are just meh, and they cannot defend against a running QB. I like Cincy to make the postseason ahead of them and I think they will end NE's chances directly on 12/24.
    Yeah. That’s why I said the "only surprises are Cincy not making the playoffs at all, and bothMiami and NE grabbing wildcard spots.

Maybe Cincy can get by without Ja’Marr Chase for the next 4 to 6 games. Maybe longer. Maybe they can learn to live without him and adjust. They sure looked totally lost without him against Cleveland.

I would much rather see NE out of the payoffs than in. Because....screw you Bill.

16. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-05-2022)

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It’s so funny to watch lame insults (and a thinly veiled direct TOS violation attack on me....what, are you too cowardly to say my name when flinging your poop like a caged monkey in the zoo????....instead, lamely resorting to “the original poster isn’t that bright” bullcrap????...Jesus.....at least stand tall like a man when you fling your ****) and faulty logic and projecting “dumb” posts with a “dumb” post.

First of all, the Bills are in prime position to get the #1 seed. The betting markets cetitnaly agree where the Bills are HUGE favorite to do so.

KC - +600
    Baltimore - +750

With the Bills already beating each of these three present leaders in each division besides the AFC East (and the two most favored behind the Bills), they hold a strong grip on getting the #1. Does not mean that they will, but it certainly looks very possible if not probable (at least to one with a shred of intellectual honesty).

Last season, after seven games, Tennessee (after a huge win vs KC) were in the #1 seed position (albeit only by tie breakers....they were tied with two other teams at 5-2 record) was the favorite for the #1 seed. And, yes, they got it.

You can certainly disagree with my (and a LOT of other people) projection of the possibility of getting the #1 seed....I don't give a flying ****...

BUT, what is so puzzling is that your lame attempt to refute my (and a LOT of other people, including most professional NFL analysts) is the only point you bring up to show that my original post was “so stupid” is comparing the NHL EIGHTY TWO game season with the NFL’s seventeen games.

Besides the fact that head-to-head tie breaker is the most important in determining playoff seeding, and the Bills already have that advantage over three of the teams that are expected to compete.

I mean, talk about a “stupid post”.....using 4.8% of the NHL season as a comparison to the Bills chances of getting the #1 seed, is stupid “logic” on steroids!!!
    Swiper is obsessed with me. It's creepy.

18. Post thanked by:

notacon (11-05-2022)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,873 Times in 2,066 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The last time the bills started 6-1 was 1993

they ended up 12-4 and got the top seed in the afc and went to the Super Bowl.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,471 Times in 9,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No-one said that they ""know" it will last forever”. Just like no-one “knows” that their marriage will last forever. So what???

What I DID say was "It’s difficult to project the Bills NOT getting the #1 seed."
    I don't give a crap what you said, so I don't give a **** what you think about it. I wasn't talking to you. Any imbecile would realize if I was talking to them, I'd quote them.

The board and any thread you post in isn't automatically all about what YOU think, but you seem to think they are.

Try to seek some perspective, or get medicated.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalogic View Post
    Swiper is obsessed with me. It's creepy.
    Seems it's the other way around, loser.

I just know stupid, when I see it. The original post is stupid.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

KC - +600
    Baltimore - +750

Look at the non-MENSA member. Blathering meaningless garbage as is usual. Mr. Rah-rah the power rankings. at the idiot posters on this board. But, again, it apparently pays the bills.
    Last edited by swiper; 11-06-2022 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    Look at the non-MENSA member. Blathering meaningless garbage as is usual. Mr. Rah-rah the power rankings. at the idiot posters on this board. But, again, it apparently pays the bills.
    Projecting again...and following your usual toxic posting style....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't give a crap what you said, so I don't give a **** what you think about it. I wasn't talking to you. Any imbecile would realize if I was talking to them, I'd quote them.

The board and any thread you post in isn't automatically all about what YOU think, but you seem to think they are.

Right back at you.

My post stands....I don’t give a crap if you give a crap or not.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,521 Times in 6,083 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So the 1 seed is pretty important huh?

TOPIC TOPIC TOPIC!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Right back at you.

My post stands....I don’t give a crap if you give a crap or not.
    Your post is garbage, as usual. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong all the time?

- - - Updated - - -

Truth always hurts poor notacon.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,074 Times in 15,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's the **** teams you have to worry about with the Bills.

28. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-06-2022)