Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Odell Beckham Sweepstakes

We play to win the game! BuffaloBlitz83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Odell Beckham Sweepstakes

With GB, TB, and rams stinking and likely out of playoffs and Brady And Rodgers uncertain future it feels like Buffalo and Dallas the strongest favorites and KC in the mix too.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Odell Beckham Sweepstakes

TB is in the hunt by virtue that their division blows

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 7,271 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think he's going to be very effective this year coming back from that injury.

4. Post thanked by:

notacon (11-02-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 6,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    I don't think he's going to be very effective this year coming back from that injury.
    1st assuming he heals properly .... will he ever trust his body enough to ever do what he used to?

It's a gamble for whoever takes the chance with him.

If we make the move I hope we don't put at risk the team chemistry.

To me he's a long shot .... we'll see soon enough.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Thanked 1,875 Times in 1,163 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    1st assuming he heals properly .... will he ever trust his body enough to ever do what he used to?

It's a gamble for whoever takes the chance with him.

If we make the move I hope we don't put at risk the team chemistry.

To me he's a long shot .... we'll see soon enough.
    Yes, he will be able to trust his body. Every player that goes through this has to have that one play to know it’s okay. My son played college football and tore his ACL 4 times, his left 3 times and right once. When he returned to the field he said there was a little apprehension until he made that first cut or took a hit on it. He was a MLB. With all the work involved in rehab, they can’t wait to get back on the field.

It will be an incentive based contract, if he’s a pro, they cut him. However, I don’t see it, he was all in in St Louis and there is enough leadership here to keep him in check.

My question is with the trade for Hines do we need him. People here are saying he can play the slot.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

7. Post thanked by:

Woodman (11-02-2022)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,895 Times in 4,355 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post

My question is with the trade for Hines do we need him. People here are saying he can play the slot.
    Yes.

Besides Diggs, no receiver is playing better or as good as they did last year. Including Knox.

9. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (11-02-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    Yes, he will be able to trust his body. Every player that goes through this has to have that one play to know it’s okay. My son played college football and tore his ACL 4 times, his left 3 times and right once. When he returned to the field he said there was a little apprehension until he made that first cut or took a hit on it. He was a MLB. With all the work involved in rehab, they can’t wait to get back on the field.

It will be an incentive based contract, if he’s a pro, they cut him. However, I don’t see it, he was all in in St Louis and there is enough leadership here to keep him in check.

Great point and thanks for the confidence clearing question as well.

11. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (11-02-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Yes.

Besides Diggs, no receiver is playing better or as good as they did last year. Including Knox.
    So far this appears to be true .... even though i hate to admit it.

So I guess all we can do for now is wait and see if Beane pulls the trigger.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

ACL is a 1 year injury. He may be healed but he's not going to be the same guy he was right from the get go. I'd sign him as insurance for the playoffs and to keep him from hurting us in the playoffs. If the price is right.

The things I get you to say Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,063 Times in 2,619 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
    With GB, TB, and rams stinking and likely out of playoffs and Brady And Rodgers uncertain future it feels like Buffalo and Dallas the strongest favorites and KC in the mix too.
    Just one little question, where do we get the money?
    Insert whimsical line here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,875 Times in 1,163 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There’s always money if you really want a player.

16. Post thanked by:

notacon (11-04-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,085 Times in 3,568 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes.

In 6 games, Davis has just 181 fewer yards than his best (rookie) season. He's on pace for an 1,100 yard 8 TD season.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    In 6 games, Davis has just 181 fewer yards than his best (rookie) season. He's on pace for an 1,100 yard 8 TD season.
    He has had 37 yards vs Miami, 13 vs Ravens, 171 vs Pitts, 74 vs KC, 35 vs GB. That is not really inspiring. At this point the Bills should be able to resign him.

1st pick next year better be WR or OL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He has had 37 yards vs Miami, 13 vs Ravens, 171 vs Pitts, 74 vs KC, 35 vs GB. That is not really inspiring. At this point the Bills should be able to resign him.

1st pick next year better be WR or OL.
    He's also been dealing with an ankle injury. Production sometimes comes in waves and he's far out-pacing last season.

As for 1st round pick next year, no on a WR. Davis will still be under contract and Shakir will likely be the starting slot WR. I'd go OL.
    Last edited by Goobylal; 11-05-2022 at 01:50 AM.

The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water! THE END OF ALL DAYS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 546 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Everyone assuming OBJ WANTS to sign with the bills.... but heres the deal... OBJ wants another ring.... whats the easiest path to a ring? NOT in the AFC. Eagles are running away with the NFC... no one can touch them it seems, so they have an easy path to the SB. the AFC will be a meatgrinder in the playoffs, and NO ONE even the Bills are a shoe in.... any AFC team he picks is a gamble at best... Eagles would be his smartest move if his ONLY intent is more hardware.
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THE END OF ALL DAYS View Post
    Everyone assuming OBJ WANTS to sign with the bills.... but heres the deal... OBJ wants another ring.... whats the easiest path to a ring? NOT in the AFC. Eagles are running away with the NFC... no one can touch them it seems, so they have an easy path to the SB. the AFC will be a meatgrinder in the playoffs, and NO ONE even the Bills are a shoe in.... any AFC team he picks is a gamble at best... Eagles would be his smartest move if his ONLY intent is more hardware.
    You think he wants to play for the hated Eagles? But I think they'll get their come-uppance when they face the 49'ers.

22. Post thanked by:

notacon (11-05-2022),Novacane (11-05-2022)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    You think he wants to play for the hated Eagles? But I think they'll get their come-uppance when they face the 49'ers.
    Eagles road will get tougher in the playoffs facing Dallas (with Dak), San Fran, Minnesota, Tampa (when they figure it out).

They have built their record on creme puffs so far. Only hard game they have left should be Tennessee.

24. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (11-05-2022),notacon (11-05-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Eagles road will get tougher in the playoffs facing Dallas (with Dak), San Fran, Minnesota, Tampa (when they figure it out).

They have built their record on creme puffs so far. Only hard game they have left should be Tennessee.
    They've also been very healthy and had a lot of fortunate bounces.

26. Post thanked by:

notacon (11-05-2022),TacklingDummy (11-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,694 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I totally disagree with this.

The NFC sucks and if the AFC sends their best team to the Super Bowl, the Bills (a close second is KC) whomever the NFC sends will get beat. And probably beat solidly.

Last year, the AFC did NOT send the best team in the AFC to the Super Bowl. Cincy was, and still is, a deeply flawed team, that just happened to get hot at the right time of the year. And got lucky that Mahomes literarily had the worst half of football in his career in the AFC Championship game.

Yes, Philly is 8-0 and winning games. But they are nowhere close to "running away with the NFC”. Like both Gooby and TacklingDummy have pointed out, they have had a “cream puff” schedule and the “road will get tougher” for them both later this year and in the playoffs.

As I chronicled in another thread....here are the facts comparing the Bills schedule and Phillly’s...

So far this year, Philly has the second easiest schedule IN THE WHOLE NFL (measured by strength of schedule, SOS) at the lowly .411.

Only one team has an easier SOS, LA Chargers at .398.

Philly’s strength of victory (SOV) is the same lowly .411.

Even in the weak NFC, there is only ONE team out of the seven that would make the playoffs if the season ended today, with a worse SOV...Minnesota who has an even lower SOV of only .383.

The Bills have played one of the toughest SOS at .538. Only 12 teams in the NFL have SOS at .500 or above.

Bills SOV is at .511. Only TWO other teams in the NFL have a SOV above .500 (Cincy at .531 & Tampa Bay at .542).

Kansas City lags in both areas with a SOS of .481 and a SOV of only .421.

Philadelphia have had only three games vs 2021 playoff teams....and had three against literally the three WORST teams from 2021....Jax (3-14), Detroit (3-13-1) and Houston (4-13).....who are still mired in the gutter.....

Detroit has the worst record in the NFL at 1-6, Houston has the second worst at 1-6-1, and Jax is tied with the THIRD worst at 2-6. Additionally Philly has beaten Pittsburgh, ALSO tied with the THIRD worst record in the NFL.

So, basically, half of their victories have come against the four WORST teams in the NFL with a collective record of 6-24-1 a .200 winning percentage. BIG WHOOP!!

Their only wins against “tough” teams came against Minnesota (who is not as good as their record either as detailed above) and Dallas, against Copper Rush who came back to earth like every backup QB does after a few games.

Buffalo have played five of their seven games against 2021 playoff teams, and have met, and beaten the leaders in each division in the AFC.

Even if Philly is able to get through the playoffs, they will probably face an ELITE team, with an ELITE QB (either Bills or KC) that they have not come close to playing against this year. They will lose the SB if they get there.

If OBJ’s "ONLY intent is more hardware” his smartest move would be to sign with the Bills.

Hands down.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This doesn't make any sense. Getting to the SB is not a ring.