Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knox is a great guy and friend to JA, but does anyone wish we had more at TE1?

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Knox is a great guy and friend to JA, but does anyone wish we had more at TE1?

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    There is only one ball to go around, and only so many plays in a game.

So if Knox gets more targets, Diggs gets less. Then people are wondering what happened to Diggs. Singletary is getting more targets out of the backfield, they drafted a back with experience catching the ball, and just traded for another....they have built a large arsenal of weapons. On any given play, they have 3 or 4 guys on the field who can take it to the house if given a slight window. That includes Knox.

One or more of these weapons will, sheer numbers, have lesser stats.

The team leads the league in passing yards and is 2nd in passing TDs. They are 2nd in the league in scoring.

Tell me, if you lived through the drought years...would anyone, anyone at all, have expected the Bills to lead the league in passing, or be second in the league in scoring?

In the past, including the not too distant past, this team would rank in the 20's for both yards and points.

I'll take what we have now, even if it means Knox gets less targets.
    That's it in a nutshell. Knox has 23 targets, Kittle 39 in less games, Kelce 60, Ertz 60, Goedert 50.......

It's how we use a TE in this offense, and how the other teams do in theirs.

2. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (11-05-2022),YardRat (11-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,559 Times in 17,443 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Knox is a great guy and friend to JA, but does anyone wish we had more at TE1?

The team is obviously built with a foundation of Allen and Diggs. If you really think about it, Beane has focused on the rest of the skill positions to be able to create a mismatch for a couple of games per year and take advantage of that to get a couple of wins. Davis, Knox, McKenzie, Singletary, Cook...now Hines...they aren't meant to be the focus all day every day like Josh and Stefon, but they are expected to come through when it's time to call their number. Like McKenzie against New England. Davis against KC in the playoffs. Singletary late.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

4. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (11-05-2022),kgun12 (11-05-2022),Mace (11-05-2022),Novacane (11-05-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    There is only one ball to go around, and only so many plays in a game.

So if Knox gets more targets, Diggs gets less. Then people are wondering what happened to Diggs. Singletary is getting more targets out of the backfield, they drafted a back with experience catching the ball, and just traded for another....they have built a large arsenal of weapons. On any given play, they have 3 or 4 guys on the field who can take it to the house if given a slight window. That includes Knox.

One or more of these weapons will, sheer numbers, have lesser stats.

The team leads the league in passing yards and is 2nd in passing TDs. They are 2nd in the league in scoring.

Tell me, if you lived through the drought years...would anyone, anyone at all, have expected the Bills to lead the league in passing, or be second in the league in scoring?

In the past, including the not too distant past, this team would rank in the 20's for both yards and points.

I'll take what we have now, even if it means Knox gets less targets.
    Its amazing that they are able to spread the receptions around all of their players.

So far this season, 14 different players have caught passes.

They average 9 different players per game that have caught passes.

There were 2 games where 11 different players caught passes.

6. Post thanked by:

cookie G (11-06-2022),kgun12 (11-05-2022)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How many teams wish they had a TE like Knox? We're getting spoiled, guys.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,576 Times in 6,134 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Fort Knox .. I'll just say this, I'm a fan of the guy.
    Last edited by Woodman; 11-05-2022 at 02:14 PM.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Yeah I seen that. Was kind of shocked.

How many 100 yard games does Singletary have?
    Who cares??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Excited to see what Hines brings to our RB room!

100 yard games are nice but I'd rather just win the game and spread the wealth, keep everybody fresh.
    Last edited by Woodman; 11-05-2022 at 02:20 PM.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    He’s become one of the best blocking TEs in the game.

What a dumb thread
    Care to back that up any way?

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Beastly catches in KC… no issue
    Which do you mean? GW TD was one of the best throws of JA's career.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    I dunno, how many? Maybe 15 could take him over their current guy?

People on here touting our 100 yard streak like it's a big credit to him. It's a big credit to Josh Allen.

13. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (11-05-2022)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,904 Times in 4,359 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post

People on here touting our 100 yard streak like it's a big credit to him. It's a big credit to Josh Allen.
    Considering the Bills would be 30th in rushing yards per game without Allen, I agree.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fantasy stats are a letdown to some, I guess.

I just root for the laundry and could care less who scores.

Knox is a good player.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think its the game to game scheming resulting in his less targets, not him.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

17. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (12-05-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I dunno, how many? Maybe 15 could take him over their current guy?

Josh has got to be the most difficult player in the NFL to defense ..... do what works I guess huh.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    I think its the game to game scheming resulting in his less targets, not him.
    Has the guy ever earned 10 targets in a game?

Did he make more than 1 play in a key game against the Jets Sunday?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Knox hasn't had a game where he's scored a TD with over 40 yards receiving in a year, apparently.

Yeah I get he's a good blocker. Does that mean should we pay Lee Smith $52M as well and let another defensive FA walk?

21. Post thanked by:

Mace (12-05-2022)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Knox hasn't had a game where he's scored a TD with over 40 yards receiving in a year, apparently.

Yeah I get he's a good blocker. Does that mean should we pay Lee Smith $52M as well and let another defensive FA walk?
    This is probably where I get cranky with Dorsey.

The Bills have Diggs, Davis, Knox, Shakir, McKenzie, Hines, Cook, to line up with Josh Allen throwing it to them, in any number of conceivable formations and combinations which should be theoretically impossible to defend if you have guys flying every which way and Allen knows where they're going.

I can't get cranky with the players though for running their routes, though it would be good if they remembered how to catch catchable balls that were where they were supposed to be. It just looks disoriented since the bye.

23. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (12-05-2022),kgun12 (12-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,900 Times in 1,181 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    WYS thinking...without Allen the Bills are 30th in rushing yards per game.
    And without wings, birds don’t fly. There is no asterisk as to why the Bills are the only team. Singletary doesn’t have any 100 yard games because they don’t give him the ball enough.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think more of this is on Allen for going elsewhere. I heard on a podcast this morning that Knox only blocks on 8% of passing plays so he is running routes. Unless a guy that fast and big isn't getting open, there is a bunch on Allen for prioritizing other receivers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fans want All Stars everywhere. Lets take Friermuth, you like him over Knox, why? The guy has well over double the targets, does not have double the yards over Knox, and has 1 TD He's constantly targeted, Knox is not. Knox is probably overpaid, but Cookie has the right of it, just not enough to go around for everyone. I do think we do a poor job getting the TE involved sometimes.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,300 Times in 13,730 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    Fans want All Stars everywhere. Lets take Friermuth, you like him over Knox, why? The guy has well over double the targets, does not have double the yards over Knox, and has 1 TD He's constantly targeted, Knox is not. Knox is probably overpaid, but Cookie has the right of it, just not enough to go around for everyone. I do think we do a poor job getting the TE involved sometimes.
    I'm all over the place on this one.

A top TE just makes an offense so much more potent. Just look at what Gronk and all the other NE TE's did to us during the Brady years. Look what Kelce does now. Imagine if Allen had a target like that.

But, at any given time, there are only 3-4 guys like that in the league, and Knox is closer to being that dominant guy than anyone we've had since the 90's. It would be nice to have a truly dominant TE, but I think it would be really hard to find someone better than Knox and really easy to end up with someone who isn't as good.