Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knox is a great guy and friend to JA, but does anyone wish we had more at TE1?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Knox is a great guy and friend to JA, but does anyone wish we had more at TE1?

Biggest issue with knox imo, is hes not a TE

Yes he blocks, runs routes, and can make difficult catches. But in his career, hes only been able to get yds on the outside or in the slot. When in line, he never gets open. He doesnt find soft spots, or has a good instinct of how to get open quickly

He is technically a TE, but hes not capable of running routes in the typical TE way and hes not a target in the redzone. This has been his whole career, so i cant blame Dorsey. But once again, it's amplified by not having a Beasely type who can control the middle zone of the defense and get Lbs to keep shallow and allowing knox to get behind them
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

2. Post thanked by:

Oaf (12-06-2022),sahlensguy (12-06-2022)

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Knox is a great guy and friend to JA, but does anyone wish we had more at TE1?

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    Fans want All Stars everywhere. Lets take Friermuth, you like him over Knox, why? The guy has well over double the targets, does not have double the yards over Knox, and has 1 TD He's constantly targeted, Knox is not. Knox is probably overpaid, but Cookie has the right of it, just not enough to go around for everyone. I do think we do a poor job getting the TE involved sometimes.

When you say "well over double the targets" did you mean "well under double"?

REC TGTS YDS AVG TD LNG

33 43 327 9.9 2 23 (Knox)

50 76 597 11.9 1 57 (Frier)

I don't need an all-star TE (though I'd love one). Knox is JAG. Pay JAGs like JAGs so we can retain other players, like Poyer, who's not JAG.