• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Josh Allen injures throwing arm in loss to Jets

Will the Bills be forced to look to Case Keenum next week?

The Buffalo Bills suffered their second divisional loss as they fell to the New York Jets 20-17 on Sunday, and almost as bad as the numbers on the scoreboard were the numbers on the Bills injury list.

While the Bills continued their season-long trend of piling up injuries on the defensive side of the ball, possibly the scariest injury was the one that came in the final seconds of the game.

Quarterback Josh Allen had his arm hit by the Jets’ Bryce Huff when he was attempting to throw the ball down field and lead the Bills on a comeback drive. With 1:17 left on the clock, Allen got ready to throw, but instead was sacked and fumbled the ball, which was ultimately recovered by Bills lineman Ryan Bates.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Josh Allen injures throwing arm in loss to Jets

The only experience I have with that SIC website is they tend to go right to the worst case scenario.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

While the Bills don’t have any answers or information regarding the extent of the injury to their quarterback—who was an early favorite to win the league’s MVP honors this season—there is reason to be concerned that it could be an UCL strain or a posterior triceps injury.

Based on what? Idiots looking for clicks. Please don't link that lame ass page.

Comment

• swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

All I know is Quessenberry was the one that was responsible for Bryce Huff and he looked like a deer in the headlights as Huff ran right around him to Allen. PLEASE bring back Spencer Brown ASAP. I thought he practiced this week.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Bills quarterback Josh Allen was seen grabbing his right elbow after being sacked by Jets edge rusher Bryce Hall on one of the final plays of Sunday's 20-17 loss at MetLife Stadium and he was asked about his condition at his postgame press conference.

Josh Allen says he has “slight pain” in right elbow

Bills quarterback Josh Allen was seen grabbing his right elbow after being sacked by Jets edge rusher Bryce Hall on one of the final plays of Sunday’s 20-17 loss at MetLife Stadium and he was asked about his condition at his postgame press conference.

Allen said he was feeling “slight pain” in his elbow as the game came to an end and added that he will “work through it” as the Bills head toward a Week 10 game against the Vikings.

Allen was 18-of-34 for 205 yards and two interceptions in the loss and laid the blame for the loss at his own feet when he spoke to reporters.

“It’s tough to win in this league when you’re playing a good team and your quarterback plays like ****. Made some bad decisions tonight that really hurt our team,” Allen said.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

I held my elbow like that after a horrible golf swing and I couldn’t swing a club for a couple months while the ligament healed…

Comment

• TheConsigliere
              • Aug 2022

Originally posted by swiper View Post
              All I know is Quessenberry was the one that was responsible for Bryce Huff and he looked like a deer in the headlights as Huff ran right around him to Allen. PLEASE bring back Spencer Brown ASAP. I thought he practiced this week.
              STOP it!!!

This OL is good enough.

Beane will just swing by Duff's around lunch time and pick up any fat slob eating there.

OL are all the same.

Comment

• Prov401
                President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                • Aug 2008

Definitely concerning. He grabbed his elbow right away after that 3rd down pass into the dirt. It was somewhat encouraging that he threw a bomb to Davis on the last play, but something for sure happened.

Comment

• Skooby
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Lots of excuses, Gabe can’t catch right now is reality

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Hurt so bad he tossed the ball 70 yards in the air 2 plays later.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Skooby View Post
                      I miss the Gabe we once had ..... hoping he can shake it off and get back to form.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                        Hurt so bad he tossed the ball 70 yards in the air 2 plays later.
                        He did hopefully he's alright.

I'm worried about our run defense.

The punt by Martin should have been taken advantage of ..... our defense was in great field position to put the hammer down and finish a poorly played game by us.

Comment

• zone
                          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Skooby View Post
                          Or McKenzie
                          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by zone View Post
                            Or McKenzie
                            Jet sweep that kid baby!

They had one really good one yesterday.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                              Jet sweep that kid baby!

They had one really good one yesterday.
                              Not good enough, I think that like ghz said, if it is not working try another play/player, it should be more time for the next guy on line. He is not the same player after the concusion and I really understand and respect that.
                              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

Working...
                              X