Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bills Have a QB Problem

Thanks
    Thanked 11,695 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills Have a QB Problem

Josh Allen is THE reason the Bills are considered a legitimate Super Bowl contender, and Josh Allen will be THE reason they don’t even get there, much less win it.

Yes, we all love Josh. He is an unicorn of QB’s and has all the traits we Bills fans have been begging for for decades.

Yes, his amazing performances have titillated the whole football ball world (even in defeat) and has won so many games by his awesomeness.

But, he is THE cause for the Bills three loses this year. You can try and blame other players….the coaches….the play calling….even the massive amount of injuries.

But none of those come close to the damage Josh Allen has done, almost single handedly to prevent what should be a 9-0 record.

Miami game, he inexplicably threw a one hop pass on 4th down and goal at the Fins’ 2 yard line. A sure go ahead TD.

Against Green Bay, he tried his best to hand the game to the Packers with two boneheaded INT’s. The second one was inexcusable, 3rd and goal at GB 3 yard line that would have given the Bills a 34-10 lead. Instead, it breathed some life into the dormant Packers. Thankfully, the inept Packers just were too stinky to take advantage of Josh massive mistakes.

The Jets game, he correctly said that he “..played like ****”.

First INT in the red zone, and prevented the Bills from jumping to an early lead. The next drive, instead of being up 7-0 could have been 14-0.

His second INT handed the ball to the Jets at the Bills 19 yard line that even one of the worst QB’s in the league, Zach Wilson, took advantage of to take the lead for good.

The Minny game, the loss was almost ALL on Josh. THREE ****ING TURNOVERS in the second half.

TWO TERRIBLE INT’s, not only in the Red zone, but IN the Vikings END ZONE. Both of them inexcusable for a QB who is supposed to be one of the best in the NFL.

Earlier this year, a thread was started….

Mahomes has the easiest job in NFL history, and Allen’s still better……which was filled of hubris and nonsense (unfortunately all the posts were lost) with the thread starter flatly stating that (paraphrasing)….

‘Josh Allen is better than Mahomes and it’s not even close’

After too many idiots saying that Mahomes would regress after losing Tyreek Hill, what has REALLY happened is that Mahomes has shown WHY he is considered the best QB in the NFL, and with Allen’s recent regression to his rookie year mistakes, the reverse is true.

Mahomes is the best QB in the league over Allen, and it’s not even close.

Yes, the amazing GOOD of Allen and his playing style inevitably produces some of the worst boneheaded dumb plays.

Can he overcome his penchant for INT’s at the WORST possible time??? Can he come back from the QB with the MOST INTS’s in the NFL….and worse yet, the MOST Red Zone INTS’s???

No one has any idea. I certainly hope so.

This Bills team is one of the best in the NFL. The defense, despite the massive amount of injuries STILL is #2 in points allowed, only two tenths of a point behind the leader….16.8 PTS/G vs 16.6.

That is a championship level defense, and when Josh is not making HUGE mistakes, a championship offence.

Right now, the biggest obstacle to the Bills being the outright best team in the NFL in both performance and record, is JOSH ALLEN.

I have always been an extreme optimist for the Bills….and I still am when I predict they will go on a six-game winning streak and go into Cincy in week #17 with a 12-3 record.

But, so sad to say, the reality is that THE reason that may not happen is Josh Allen and that needs to be said.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,153 Times in 5,890 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The Bills Have a QB Problem

But no, in your own words, critique of the other number 1 pick that year?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    But no, in your own words, critique of the other number 1 pick that year?
    I have no idea what lame point you are trying to make. This is about Josh Allen’s play right now. You want to troll, go somewhere else to lay down your poop.

4. Post thanked by:

ParanoidAndroid (11-15-2022)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's the reason they are 6-3.

He's the reason for 6 wins

He's the reason for 3 losses (I could argue he wasn't the reason for the Miami loss, but I digresss)

This team, like all superbowl "contenders" live and die with their QB. Let's hope that he and Dorsey can figure it out.

6. Post thanked by:

El Guapo (11-15-2022),Kenny (11-15-2022),notacon (11-15-2022),ParanoidAndroid (11-15-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 6,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No it's the fans fault
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I have no idea what lame point you are trying to make. This is about Josh Allen’s play right now. You want to troll, go somewhere else to lay down your poop.
    I thought you were gonna say pipe.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,932 Times in 3,488 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Josh is still maturing as a QB. This is a bad patch for him. I expect him to learn from this. Same with Dorsey.

10. Post thanked by:

notacon (11-15-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,289 Times in 13,722 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So what are you suggesting? That we bench Allen?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

(Awaiting Joe B’s paywalled remedy suggestion)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I did not see this post before I started this thread, but it meshes pretty well the subject at hand.....

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Yeah, I cringe about myself, but I can't help it.

I was as high on Allen after the KC game last playoffs as I have ever been on anybody. I've said several times I think Josh walked off the field that day knowing he was one of, if not the, best players in the league. I thought that epiphany would elevate his game even more and he would become the complete juggernaut that he is capable of being. And he started out the season that way, which was satisfying.

But, yet again, that Bad Josh hero-ball and bad decision making that I thought would become a real rarity has reared it's head again, for multiple games in a row again. And that's troubling. It's a lesson he hasn't seemed to learn yet, despite numerous opportunities.

He will probably still have a HOF career and rack up stats, like a Dan Marino. And end up being maybe the best QB the Bills have ever had, like a Jim Kelly. But I don't want another Dan Marino and I don't want another Jim Kelly. I want a winner...a champion...and Josh is certainly capable of it, but only if can get past losing his **** every year for stretches and he hasn't overcome that yet.
    Yardie is showing his age with the Dan Marino comparison. And I’m not sure if it’s appropriate. Yes, Marino was a prolific passer, a dinosaur from the age of pure pocket passers like statues in the pocket....and had great stats....but overall, regular season W-L records that were very disappointing.

Marono did play on one SB, and lost. But his record is pretty pathetic, making the conference playoffs the year after the SB loss (and losing), and then missing the playoffs altogether the following four years. He really never sniffed the SB after 1985.

A more fearful comparison (certainly in the modern 21st century game) is Aaron Rodgers. Yes, he did win one Super Bowl, in his third year after taking over from Farve.

But after that, despite expecting to at least get back to the big game, he failed repeatedly in the layoffs. Time and time and time again. LOTS of regular season wins...all for naught when the payoffs came along.

NINE times after the SB win to be exact. And the last few were really painful to watch. He has not made the SB in twelve years.

Like all Bills fans we ALL "I want a winner...a champion...and Josh is certainly capable of it, but only if can get past losing his **** every year for stretches and he hasn't overcome that yet.”

The next few games are going to be key. The next two we really don’t need Josh taking over a game with amazing plays.

We need him to take what the defense gives them, methodically dismantle poor oppositions, and don’t make any boneheaded plays.

I believe he can and will. It remains to be seen if HE thinks so and performs to the level that shows he can.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Josh is still maturing as a QB. This is a bad patch for him. I expect him to learn from this. Same with Dorsey.
    Learn or forever lose.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I say bench the mothers it's always their fault anyway.

Birdcage reference but he said kill them.

~ Nathan Lane

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Of course not. I am not suggesting any solution.

It’s not like every teammate, every coach and Josh himself do not see and recognize what is going on.

JOSH is the only one who can pull himself out of this funk. Maybe he needs a sports shrink like Dr. Sharon Fieldstone from Ted Lasso.

17. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-15-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    (Awaiting Joe B’s paywalled remedy suggestion)
    If all you are going to do is troll with stupid posts instead of even a shred of substance, take it somewhere else.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Of course not. I am not suggesting any solution.

It’s not like every teammate, every coach and Josh himself do not see and recognize what is going on.

JOSH is the only one who can pull himself out of this funk. Maybe he needs a sports shrink like Dr. Sharon Fieldstone from Ted Lasso.
    Maybe he just needs to get _ _ _ _.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

take it somewhere else.
    This is so convenient though.

This thread is going to be a monster of intelligent exchange.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don’t believe we have a QB problem. LB is a bigger concern going forward. Safety is a concern going forward. WR is a bigger problem. if Allen is a problem Orta a problem 26 or do teams would love to have.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,932 Times in 3,488 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Josh may actually miss Daboll. Daboll is a very experienced guy who has seen a lot and he's kind of a relaxed guy. Dorsey always seems like he's on his 3rd red bull. Josh is not a guy that needs to be amped up. He's already amped.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,305 Times in 3,795 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So we're wasting a loaded team on a 1st year coordinator. This move made little sense to begin with.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I do too. NFL stand for Not For Long.

The silly mistaken assumption some make is that players and coaches do not learn from their mistakes and will not grow and get better.

The problem is that THIS year, the SB window is wide open. Changes are coming next year (and beyond) because of Josh's cap hit. I have trust in Beane to handle these issues and stay very competitive. Certainly not the **** that LA Rams put themselves in, sacrificing their future for one title. They appear to be on the cusp pf several years of crappiness.

The fear is that his maturing may come too late for THIS year. The Bills need to at the very least, get to the SB, and win it to put those nasty decades of failure behind the franchise.

ASAP!!!

We will see this week how he bounces back. NO INT’S will be the goal. Win the ****ing game!!!