Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bills Have a QB Problem

Thanks
    Thanked 7,625 Times in 6,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The Bills Have a QB Problem

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    The bed is made for this year. We just have to hope that Josh can pull his head out of ass by himself because outside of Diggs, I don't see anyone else there to give him the help he needs.

Unless they go deep into the post season. A coaching change is absolutely needed to take Josh to the next level.
    Josh needs to trust himself and that other players deserve his confidence.

He needs to relax and we need to keep him clean.

He has to be given plays that spread the ball around.

Some great coaches from the past would script plays.

They would script them based on the opponents weaknesses we gotta do that as well.
    FSU WR K. Coleman #33
    Utah DB C. Bishop #60
    Duke DT D. Carter #95
    Kentucky RB R.Davis #128
    Georgia C S.VanPran-Granger #141
    Washington LB Edefuan Ulofoshio #160
    Troy DE J.Solomon #168
    UCF OT T.Grable #204
    Penn ST. CB D.Hardy #219
    England OT T.Clayton #221

Thanks
    Thanked 11,720 Times in 7,773 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    The premise of the thread is true, but in a different way.

Bills FANS have a QB problem. We've been shellshocked by QBs who have shown promise for the past 30 years. Bledsoe looked like the second coming for the first 10 games he was here. Then he ended up stinking (for many reasons, not just him) .

Trent Edwards looked like a future all pro until Adrian Wilson scrambled his brains.

Fitzy looked like a world beater, got a nice contract, then, well, went back to being Fitzy.

Throw in a bunch of turds at QB besides those guys, and it's no wonder we panic when Josh has a couple of bad games in a row. We have been conditioned to think the absolute worst. It's instilled into ALL of us. Some fans are/were able to stifle it away, and become optimistic again, myself included, but any time there's adversity, we cannot help but think the worst. It's not our faults, it's just how we've trained ourselves to think.
    Extremely insightful and interesting take. Well done!!!

I’ve always been the “optimist” for the Bills. Always. And I STILL am today. I predict that Josh gets his head out of his ass and starts playing up to his potential and the Bills embark on a six game win streak, and will be sitting at 12-3 before the Monday night Cincy game.

This thread was started, in some way, to refute some of the blame many of us here have brought up at the “reason” the Bills have been somewhat disappointing. I detail some of it in the thread “Now, can we PLEASE stop all the LOSER talk?!” The vitriol directed at McDermott and Dorsey are particularly disturbing and I think mostly off base.

PTSD is prevalent in many Bills fans, and rightfully so.

Unfortunately, right now, Josh Allen’s reckless play is a problem. He knows it and has owned up to it. I’m sure he’ll find his way out of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,948 Times in 3,500 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not saying Dorsey is stupid. Probably far from it. But he is still learning the job. Far from the guy who who is needed right now to bring out Josh's full potential. And Josh doesn't have much more to before he is molded into who he is going to be for the rest of his career.

Dorsey got the keys to the Ferrari before he knew how to drive it. If the last few games are the indication, it is headed for a crash.
    I think he bounces off the Jersey barrier and back on the road

4. Post thanked by:

Mace (11-15-2022),notacon (11-15-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,495 Times in 9,190 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Josh Allen is still Josh Allen, he works hard, he's not complacent. I'm sure Jordan Palmer is in touch with everyone too. Allen and Dorsey were rolling early in the season, Allen the best QB in the league. He has some issues. Still think he's not 100%. There's 8 games left. Ridiculous to bail on him.

Dunno what happened at the bye, McDermott's plan for the season, or individual games. They had some head scratching games last year, Daboll was still here. Certainly think some of the playcalls have been woeful. Can be corrected with the proper focus.

Certainly think "Championship defense" is absurd at this point. No. Cousins had his first 300 yard game of the year, and we've been trampled by the 20th and 24th ranked rushing offenses the last two weeks, and we just couldn't stop them. The 32nd ranked defense in the league, the Detroit Lions, held Cousins and their rushing game to less yards and points.

Bills will be fine, it's the McDermott seasonal ripple of overthinking and choking.

7. Post thanked by:

YardRat (11-15-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,378 Times in 3,852 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Josh needs to trust himself and that other players deserve his confidence.

He needs to relax and we need to keep him clean.

He has to be given plays that spread the ball around.

Some great coaches from the past would script plays.

They would script them based on the opponents weaknesses we gotta do that as well.
    All good stuff. He needs a rock in his ear who beats that drum. Unfortunately I doubt that's McD and Dorsey is still finding himself. The good thing about Josh is how grounded his family seems to be. And that just isn't enough in this situation. I'm sure Diggs can be someone to lean on, but even a wr can only do so much.

9. Post thanked by:

Woodman (11-23-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Yeah, until there is a competent pilot, Josh is a bumper car.

11. Post thanked by:

Woodman (11-23-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, until there is a competent pilot, Josh is a bumper car.
    Always need a good co-pilot.

13. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (11-15-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

All good stuff. He needs a rock in his ear who beats that drum. Unfortunately I doubt that's McD and Dorsey is still finding himself. The good thing about Josh is how grounded his family seems to be. And that just isn't enough in this situation. I'm sure Diggs can be someone to lean on, but even a wr can only do so much.
    Here's hoping we find the way of bringing Josh all the way up.

15. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (11-15-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,720 Times in 7,773 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No one “bailing” On Josh.

But to blame the coaches is silly.

JOSH is throwing the ball in places he should know better NOT to.

Blaming Dorsey for not treating him like a raw rookie is just plain dumb.

Josh has shown himself capable to be the BEST player and QB in the NFL.

He's just is not doing so right now. Hence the undeniable fact that the Bills have a QB problem. Not forever. Probably not even again this season. But to deny that he is the problem is fooling oneself.....trying to make excuses for him by blaming the HC or OC or the LB’s or WR or Safeties is just plain silly.

The analogy that "Dorsey got the keys to the Ferrari before he knew how to drive it” is really dumb.

The direct driver of the Ferrari, Josh
    Allen, and is doing so directly into walls (or more realistically, directly into other cars, throwing terrible INTS DIRECTLY TO THEM) and should be cited for reckless driving.
    Last edited by notacon; 11-15-2022 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    No one “bailing” On Josh.

But to blame the coaches is silly.

JOSH is throwing the ball in places he should know better NOT to.

Blaming Dorsey for not treating him like a raw rookie is just plain dumb.

Josh has shown himself capable to be the BEST player and QB in the NFL.

He's just is not doing so right now. Hence the undeniable fact that the Bills have a QB problem. Not forever. Probably not even again this season. But to deny that he is the problem is fooling oneself.....trying to make excuses for him by blaming the HC or OC or the LB’s or WR or Safeties is just plain silly.

The analogy that "Dorsey got the keys to the Ferrari before he knew how to drive it” is really dumb.

The direct driver of the Ferrari, Josh
    Allen, and is doing so directly into walls (or more realistically, directly into other cars, throwing terrible INTS DIRECTLY TO THEM) and should be cited for reckless driving.
    No one has the cred to cite him though. That is the issue.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

To blame the coaches isn't silly, this is the 6th year of a program getting progressively more talented because of the GM, but the results remain similar. That's not singularly on a player, no matter which one. Coaches are supposed to lead, guide and direct what players two, compensate, adapt and find solutions via scheming and matchups.

It's utterly stupid to completely ignore the impact of coaching 6 years into a program, even if someone only has a knowledge level that is elementary.

Which coaches, that's debatable, but the impact of decisions has been very clear to date.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No one has the cred to cite him though. That is the issue.
    I've never seen that mentality in Allen. You see that in Rodgers when he says anything, but I've never seen Allen full of himself. He was even humble about the Jets QB and referred to his own problems. He's going to sit there and watch film with Brady, Keenum and Barkley and be his own worst critic. He's going to look Diggs in the eye, talk to Morse, listen to his receivers, and answer for it all when anyone asks him. Allen will be fine if he's really healthy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I've never seen that mentality in Allen. You see that in Rodgers when he says anything, but I've never seen Allen full of himself. He was even humble about the Jets QB and referred to his own problems. He's going to sit there and watch film with Brady, Keenum and Barkley and be his own worst critic. He's going to look Diggs in the eye, talk to Morse, listen to his receivers, and answer for it all when anyone asks him. Allen will be fine if he's really healthy.
    It's not a dig on Allen. It's just that his path to where he is now is so unique. He went from the corn fields to NFL mvp talks with little notice or collegiate success in between. Perhaps the most talented but raw prospect ever. Kudos to him to put in the work to be truly worthy of mvp consideration.

But he hasn't been in the league that long and has never won top honors. It was his lack of a college career of note that both fuels him in the NFL but can't add to his self confidence as a pro.

When things begin to go south for someone who doesn't have a rock solid foundation of success, things can really go south. Not just NFL qbs, either.

These coaches just aren't accomplished or competent enough to be part of a solid foundation for Josh, if and when he needs it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Have you folks considered the UCL is affecting his throws? Not trolling, genuinely interested in this development and you all's take on this

Listen to Carson Palmer describe it's effects.

That sounds a LOT like what is happening here. If that ball has more velocity it gets there way before the DB can make a play on it. Instead, it just died.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's not a dig on Allen. It's just that his path to where he is now is so unique. He went from the corn fields to NFL mvp talks with little notice or collegiate success in between. Perhaps the most talented but raw prospect ever. Kudos to him to put in the work to be truly worthy of mvp consideration.

But he hasn't been in the league that long and has never won top honors. It was his lack of a college career of note that both fuels him in the NFL but can't add to his self confidence as a pro.

When things begin to go south for someone who doesn't have a rock solid foundation of success, things can really go south. Not just NFL qbs, either.

These coaches just aren't accomplished or competent enough to be part of a solid foundation for Josh, if and when he needs it.
    McDermott's saint Josh mentality has been driving that bus since Allen was drafted. Josh Allen is running the show not Sean McDermott. You can call that all Allen's fault if you want.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wasn't there a game earlier in the year it looked like the coaches did something brilliant and it turned out to be Josh Allen's work? \\

I can live with a string of bad INTs without getting too much in an uproar to be honest. He's got to grow through some of the intricacies of trying to be consistent throwing the ball around the way he does. The fumble I have no words for...like all you need to do is not fumble you literally can GIVE UP POINTS on the play and win the game and you fumble? The focus isn't there. Maybe a bad batch of ginko biloba.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    McDermott's saint Josh mentality has been driving that bus since Allen was drafted. Josh Allen is running the show not Sean McDermott. You can call that all Allen's fault if you want.
    When did I ever say that McD is even capable of running the show to the SB and when did I ever blame Allen for the inability of the coaches?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,098 Times in 3,577 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Josh is A reason for the 3 losses, but he had help. Lots of it. How many 3rd and 4th and longs did the defense allow in the Vikings' last drive in regulation? How many dropped passes were there in the games overall? What about protection? Fumbles by other players? To pin it all on him when he IS the offense is unfair at best.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When did I ever say that McD is even capable of running the show to the SB and when did I ever blame Allen for the inability of the coaches?
    Sorry. I was talking to notty actually just through you. :peacepipe:

27. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (11-15-2022)