• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sahlensguy
    • Mar 2015

Re: The Bills Have a QB Problem

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Coaches leave and you can't always replace them with Bill Walsh
    No one is at fault for Daboll leaving for a better position.

There is blame to go around for Mc13seconds finding an inexperienced OC because of familiarity and comfort.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      If my QB is struggling to hit the endzone I definitely don’t call 2 consecutive shots of 20 yards with plenty of time and 2 timeouts. I call underneath stuff. they weren’t giving up deep stuff all game. Why the hurry? 1st and 10 from the 20… why the need for the dagger?
      exactly there was no ***** rush dammit.

Run a damn jet sweep with Hines or McKenzie a nice change of pace and who know's they might have broke it wide open. We will only know if we try something different .... these defenses are locked into what we do right now.

Frustrating when this **** is so easy.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
        It's obvious that Dorsey is in over his head. He has no business maturing with an all time talented qb.
        To say that “Dorsey is in over his head” is silly.

The Bills are the #1 offensive team measured by avg. yards gained. They are #2 in the NFL in points scored. The Bills are #1 in point differential.

That is NOT a sign of the OC being “over his head”.

Josh Allen leads the NFL in INT’s. Allen leads the NFL with INT’s in the red zone. Those have nothing to do with the OC being “over his head”.

It’s clear evidence of the QB (sometimes) “being over his head” and making stupid decisions and being reckless with the ball.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

There is blame to go around for Mc13seconds finding an inexperienced OC because of familiarity and comfort.
          Dorsey was already right there so it made things too easy for McDermott.

Who know's maybe in 3 weeks we'll all be singing his praises

Right now he causes angst.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by notacon View Post
            To say that “Dorsey is in over his head” is silly.

The Bills are the #1 offensive team measured by avg. yards gained. They are #2 in the NFL in points scored. The Bills are #1 in point differential.

That is NOT a sign of the OC being “over his head”.

Josh Allen leads the NFL in INT’s. Allen leads the NFL with INT’s in the red zone. Those have nothing to do with the OC being “over his head”.

It’s clear evidence of the QB (sometimes) “being over his head” and making stupid decisions and being reckless with the ball.
            He's guilty of trying to get cute more than anything else.

His education better get up to speed quick.

Punch an opponent in the mouth when it's called for .... no cute ****.

Comment

• Bill Cody
              • Sep 2004

Doubtful that's why he went with Dorsey. Dorsey is a smart guy. Don't be so grumpy. Better days ahead.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

The premise of the thread is true, but in a different way.

Bills FANS have a QB problem. We've been shellshocked by QBs who have shown promise for the past 30 years. Bledsoe looked like the second coming for the first 10 games he was here. Then he ended up stinking (for many reasons, not just him) .

Trent Edwards looked like a future all pro until Adrian Wilson scrambled his brains.

Fitzy looked like a world beater, got a nice contract, then, well, went back to being Fitzy.

Throw in a bunch of turds at QB besides those guys, and it's no wonder we panic when Josh has a couple of bad games in a row. We have been conditioned to think the absolute worst. It's instilled into ALL of us. Some fans are/were able to stifle it away, and become optimistic again, myself included, but any time there's adversity, we cannot help but think the worst. It's not our faults, it's just how we've trained ourselves to think.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                  So far this appears to be true.
                  What can we do?
                  Right now not a damn thing comes to mind.

Continuity is far far away!

He should have been able to work Hines into something by now.
                  The bed is made for this year. We just have to hope that Josh can pull his head out of ass by himself because outside of Diggs, I don't see anyone else there to give him the help he needs.

Unless they go deep into the post season. A coaching change is absolutely needed to take Josh to the next level.

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                    If my QB is struggling to hit the endzone I definitely don’t call 2 consecutive shots of 20 yards with plenty of time and 2 timeouts. I call underneath stuff. they weren’t giving up deep stuff all game. Why the hurry? 1st and 10 from the 20… why the need for the dagger?
                    Except you have no idea what plays were called. A QB functioning on a high level sees trouble and makes the decision to throw the “underneath stuff” when the other openings are not there or too risky.

This is a skill that Josh has not seemed to master in too any situations. It’s what cost us the Tenn game last year, and his hero ball brain farts are HIS decisions.

With a stud QB like Allen, who has shown a tremendous ability to make those passes many, many times....I don’t blame the OC for calling those plays (if he did).

I suspect that if the situations you are criticizing the play calling and not calling “underneath stuff” and that fails to produce scores, you would be whining that the OC does not go for the dagger, is too conservative and is chicken.

It smacks of hindsight garbage.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                      • Mar 2015

Doubtful that's why he went with Dorsey. Dorsey is a smart guy. Don't be so grumpy. Better days ahead.
                      I'm not saying Dorsey is stupid. Probably far from it. But he is still learning the job. Far from the guy who who is needed right now to bring out Josh's full potential. And Josh doesn't have much more to before he is molded into who he is going to be for the rest of his career.

Dorsey got the keys to the Ferrari before he knew how to drive it. If the last few games are the indication, it is headed for a crash.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

The bed is made for this year. We just have to hope that Josh can pull his head out of ass by himself because outside of Diggs, I don't see anyone else there to give him the help he needs.

Unless they go deep into the post season. A coaching change is absolutely needed to take Josh to the next level.
                        Josh needs to trust himself and that other players deserve his confidence.

He needs to relax and we need to keep him clean.

He has to be given plays that spread the ball around.

Some great coaches from the past would script plays.

They would script them based on the opponents weaknesses we gotta do that as well.

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                          The premise of the thread is true, but in a different way.

Bills FANS have a QB problem. We've been shellshocked by QBs who have shown promise for the past 30 years. Bledsoe looked like the second coming for the first 10 games he was here. Then he ended up stinking (for many reasons, not just him) .

Trent Edwards looked like a future all pro until Adrian Wilson scrambled his brains.

Fitzy looked like a world beater, got a nice contract, then, well, went back to being Fitzy.

Throw in a bunch of turds at QB besides those guys, and it's no wonder we panic when Josh has a couple of bad games in a row. We have been conditioned to think the absolute worst. It's instilled into ALL of us. Some fans are/were able to stifle it away, and become optimistic again, myself included, but any time there's adversity, we cannot help but think the worst. It's not our faults, it's just how we've trained ourselves to think.
                          Extremely insightful and interesting take. Well done!!!

I’ve always been the “optimist” for the Bills. Always. And I STILL am today. I predict that Josh gets his head out of his ass and starts playing up to his potential and the Bills embark on a six game win streak, and will be sitting at 12-3 before the Monday night Cincy game.

This thread was started, in some way, to refute some of the blame many of us here have brought up at the “reason” the Bills have been somewhat disappointing. I detail some of it in the thread “Now, can we PLEASE stop all the LOSER talk?!” The vitriol directed at McDermott and Dorsey are particularly disturbing and I think mostly off base.

PTSD is prevalent in many Bills fans, and rightfully so.

Unfortunately, right now, Josh Allen’s reckless play is a problem. He knows it and has owned up to it. I’m sure he’ll find his way out of it.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

I'm not saying Dorsey is stupid. Probably far from it. But he is still learning the job. Far from the guy who who is needed right now to bring out Josh's full potential. And Josh doesn't have much more to before he is molded into who he is going to be for the rest of his career.

Dorsey got the keys to the Ferrari before he knew how to drive it. If the last few games are the indication, it is headed for a crash.
                            I think he bounces off the Jersey barrier and back on the road

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

I think he bounces off the Jersey barrier and back on the road

Comment

• Mace
                                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                                • Mar 2013

Josh Allen is still Josh Allen, he works hard, he's not complacent. I'm sure Jordan Palmer is in touch with everyone too. Allen and Dorsey were rolling early in the season, Allen the best QB in the league. He has some issues. Still think he's not 100%. There's 8 games left. Ridiculous to bail on him.

Dunno what happened at the bye, McDermott's plan for the season, or individual games. They had some head scratching games last year, Daboll was still here. Certainly think some of the playcalls have been woeful. Can be corrected with the proper focus.

Certainly think "Championship defense" is absurd at this point. No. Cousins had his first 300 yard game of the year, and we've been trampled by the 20th and 24th ranked rushing offenses the last two weeks, and we just couldn't stop them. The 32nd ranked defense in the league, the Detroit Lions, held Cousins and their rushing game to less yards and points.

Bills will be fine, it's the McDermott seasonal ripple of overthinking and choking.

Comment

Working...
                                X