Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: We got the win, but...

President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League) Prov401's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: We got the win, but...

You are what your record says you are. We are 9-3 and have had one of the toughest schedules to date. Not one team this year has handled the Bills. They all escaped with a w and acted like they won the superbowl. We're one of the most injured teams in the league finally getting healthy. Biggest concern at the moment is our o line. We need Dawkins for the remainder of our season.

2. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-02-2022),senseofdoom (12-05-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,313 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    History is full of teams that were perpetually bad/also rans…until they weren’t and won it all. Buccaneers, Broncos, Rams, Seahawks, Chiefs, Eagles, Cubs, Red Sox, Raptors, Cavaliers, Bucks, …the list goes on.

Why wouldn’t you give the team you root for a chance to join those ranks?
    6 games since the bye- we've played well in 1 of them. It's not about whether or not I give them a chance. It's about what's actually happening on the field.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,082 Times in 4,279 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    6 games since the bye- we've played well in 1 of them. It's not about whether or not I give them a chance. It's about what's actually happening on the field.
    GO AWAY

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    GO AWAY
    ACCEPT REALITY

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

ACCEPT REALITY
    same goes for you

9-3 is reality whether you admit it or not
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

7. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (12-02-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,424 Times in 7,292 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

ACCEPT REALITY
    They just won a game you said they had no chance of winning. REALITY!@@

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was thinking we should take it easy on opi. After all he's a fan and is happy we won. But nope. He digs in deeper with his bs. Now it will be the Pat's just suck. So **** it! Ream away. This so called fan deserves it. The worst part for him is he has to wait 10 more days for a chance of the Bills losing again.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    I was thinking we should take it easy on opi. After all he's a fan and is happy we won. But nope. He digs in deeper with his bs. Now it will be the Pat's just suck. So **** it! Ream away. This so called fan deserves it. The worst part for him is he has to wait 10 more days for a chance of the Bills losing again.
    Lmao. The people on this board have been telling me that the Pats suck. Now we beat a team that supposedly sucks, and that's supposed to negate 6 weeks of poor play? Please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    They just won a game you said they had no chance of winning. REALITY!@@
    I never said that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    same goes for you

9-3 is reality whether you admit it or not
    If Miami wins, we still aren't even first in the div. Either way we are still behind the Chiefs, who have a really easy schedule to close out the season.

And while last night was a good game, there's no way we beat the Chiefs playing like that.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,922 Times in 4,373 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lmao. The people on this board have been telling me that the Pats suck. Now we beat a team that supposedly sucks, and that's supposed to negate 6 weeks of poor play? Please.
    And you constantly tell us how bad they suck. That they can't beat teams. That they are not contenders.

Usually fans of a certain team say that every other team sucks. I say the Cheifs suck, does that make it true?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Please show me a team, in the entire history of the NFL, that achieved a record of 9 -3 who wasn't a 'contender'. What a crock of ****. If you put a healthy Josh Allen on the Browns they would be a contender.

14. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-02-2022),The last buffalo fan (12-02-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    And you constantly tell us how bad they suck. That they can't beat teams. That they are not contenders.

Usually fans of a certain team say that every other team sucks. I say the Cheifs suck, does that make it true?
    Say what you want about the Chiefs. The reason the Bills aren't contenders is because they've struggled in 5 of 6 games since the bye, and the one game where they looked good was against a team that supposedly sucks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post

Say what you want about the Chiefs. The reason the Bills aren't contenders is because they've struggled in 5 of 6 games since the bye, and the one game where they looked good was against a team that supposedly sucks.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The reason the Bills aren't contenders is because
    Because, because, because, because, because...
    Because of the wonderful things he does !

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

18. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-02-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If Miami wins, we still aren't even first in the div. Either way we are still behind the Chiefs, who have a really easy schedule to close out the season.

And while last night was a good game, there's no way we beat the Chiefs playing like that.

Not sure if it's worth getting into this discussion with you, but comments like that make me realize that you probably don't actually watch other teams play.

1. The season is long. We have 2 games upcoming against the Jets and Dolphins - any logical person says we are better off reserving judgement until then.

2. We beat the Chiefs on the Road already this year. We both had injuries. Regardless, any Bills-Chiefs game is pretty much a 50/50 tossup.

3. The Chiefs are damn good. They have a better coach than us. They have a better OLine and TE than we do. Their remaining schedule is easier than ours. That doesn't mean we can't ALSO be good. Our defense is much better than theirs. Their FULL-STRENGTH Offense only put up 20 points against our Defense on their home turf.

4. There's parity in the NFL, and the Chiefs barely escaped against the hobbled Chargers (twice), and barely beat the Raiders. They barely beat the Titans with a 2nd-stringer QB. Their bad loss to the Colts is like our bad loss to the Jets. Your obsession with the Chiefs is weird, considering they have played several average/bad games this season.

5. I watched the Chiefs-Rams game. Did you? The score doesn't reflect how average the Chiefs looked against the Rams.

6. The Dolphins have the 49ers, Chargers, and Bills coming up. Let those games play out before you obsess over them too. The Dolphins are a great team with unmatched Offensive talent. We have Tre White back. Let's see how they do on our home turf.

7. The Titans and Ravens and Bengals have all had terrible losses this year. They have all dealt with injuries, just like Buffalo has.

Honestly, your responses often miss their mark. You call out others who get "too high" on this team, while you are guilty of getting "too low." The reality is somewhere in the middle. We are capable of losing for various reasons, but we have Josh Allen. The guy is having a bad stretch and is injured, and his OLine isn't protecting him that well - but he will fix it.

20. Post thanked by:

Night Train (12-02-2022),The last buffalo fan (12-02-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

- - - Updated - - -

I never said that.
    You said we can't beat a BB team right now. I'm sorry the Bills ruined your I told you so fun you were looking so forward to.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lexwhat View Post
    Not sure if it's worth getting into this discussion with you, but comments like that make me realize that you probably don't actually watch other teams play.

1. The season is long. We have 2 games upcoming against the Jets and Dolphins - any logical person says we are better off reserving judgement until then.

2. We beat the Chiefs on the Road already this year. We both had injuries. Regardless, any Bills-Chiefs game is pretty much a 50/50 tossup.

3. The Chiefs are damn good. They have a better coach than us. They have a better OLine and TE than we do. Their remaining schedule is easier than ours. That doesn't mean we can't ALSO be good. Our defense is much better than theirs. Their FULL-STRENGTH Offense only put up 20 points against our Defense on their home turf.

4. There's parity in the NFL, and the Chiefs barely escaped against the hobbled Chargers (twice), and barely beat the Raiders. They barely beat the Titans with a 2nd-stringer QB. Their bad loss to the Colts is like our bad loss to the Jets. Your obsession with the Chiefs is weird, considering they have played several average/bad games this season.

5. I watched the Chiefs-Rams game. Did you? The score doesn't reflect how average the Chiefs looked against the Rams.

6. The Dolphins have the 49ers, Chargers, and Bills coming up. Let those games play out before you obsess over them too. The Dolphins are a great team with unmatched Offensive talent. We have Tre White back. Let's see how they do on our home turf.

7. The Titans and Ravens and Bengals have all had terrible losses this year. They have all dealt with injuries, just like Buffalo has.

Honestly, your responses often miss their mark. You call out others who get "too high" on this team, while you are guilty of getting "too low." The reality is somewhere in the middle. We are capable of losing for various reasons, but we have Josh Allen. The guy is having a bad stretch and is injured, and his OLine isn't protecting him that well - but he will fix it.
    1. In case you didn't notice, both the Jets and Fish already beat us once this year.

2. We beat the Chiefs last year too- we still lost to them in the playoffs. And we were healthier and playing much better when we beat them.

3. Maybe we can also be good, but we haven't been since before the bye.

4. My obsession with the Chiefs is because they are the gold standard. They're the team that knocked us out of the playoffs two years in a row. Until we can beat them in the playoffs, everything else is for naught.

5. I only saw a few minutes of that game so I can't really comment.

6. The Dolphins could lose to the 49ers. I highly doubt they lose to the Chargers. As far as us, well, they already beat us once and we were healthier and playing better when they did.

7. With the way this team has played since the bye, I wouldn't bet on them against any of those teams.

With the way this team played before the bye, I thought maybe I was wrong. I thought maybe this team could be a real contender, especially after what we did against the Chiefs and Titans. But since the bye, it's been a completely different team. They looked better last night, but it was against a really bad offense. This team would be in a much better position if they could have either beat the Jets or not choked against the Vikings. But, that didn't happen. Now, they aren't playing well, and Miami and KC keep winning, so there is no margin for error.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,082 Times in 4,279 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills were not healthy when they played the Dolphins.

Half of the team went down with cramps or some kind of injury.

What game did you watch

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    The Bills were not healthy when they played the Dolphins.

Half of the team went down with cramps or some kind of injury.

What game did you watch
    Well, yes, a lot of guys did cramp up during the game. But going into the game, the roster was healthier. Point is, people on here don't seem to be taking the Fish and Jets seriously even though they already beat us.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

1. In case you didn't notice, both the Jets and Fish already beat us once this year.

2. We beat the Chiefs last year too- we still lost to them in the playoffs. And we were healthier and playing much better when we beat them.

3. Maybe we can also be good, but we haven't been since before the bye.

4. My obsession with the Chiefs is because they are the gold standard. They're the team that knocked us out of the playoffs two years in a row. Until we can beat them in the playoffs, everything else is for naught.

5. I only saw a few minutes of that game so I can't really comment.

6. The Dolphins could lose to the 49ers. I highly doubt they lose to the Chargers. As far as us, well, they already beat us once and we were healthier and playing better when they did.

7. With the way this team has played since the bye, I wouldn't bet on them against any of those teams.

With the way this team played before the bye, I thought maybe I was wrong. I thought maybe this team could be a real contender, especially after what we did against the Chiefs and Titans. But since the bye, it's been a completely different team. They looked better last night, but it was against a really bad offense. This team would be in a much better position if they could have either beat the Jets or not choked against the Vikings. But, that didn't happen. Now, they aren't playing well, and Miami and KC keep winning, so there is no margin for error.
    1 - Of course I noticed that the Jets/Dolphins beat us. Likewise, in case YOU didn't notice, we beat the Chiefs / Ravens / Titans. That's mostly all irrelevant now. I'm looking forward, not backwards. Let the upcoming Jets and Dolphins games play out, and the rest of the season play out, is all I'm saying. We are getting healthier and we will see what this team is made of.

2 - I don't want to talk about last year. I also don't want to talk about how the Chiefs choked against the Bengals on their home turf. Last year is over and done with.

3/5 - Despite several wins, we haven't been that good since the Bye. Agree. As I said before, the CHIEFS have had a lot of their own bad games this season too. You saw the box scores / maybe read some articles. I watched their games.

4 - Yes, the Chiefs are the gold standard. Mahomes and Reid are the gold standard too, not Allen and McDermott. That's reality. Do you expect Allen to kneel and kiss Reid's ring?? The Bills should focus on their own schedule and making improvements over the last 5 games.

6 - Again, you make circular hypocritical arguments. The Dolphins beat us, and we beat the Chiefs. Both are bygones. The season is ongoing, and if we have to be the number 1 seed, or the number 2 seed, or the Wild Card, then so be it.